News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Color Coded Schematics for Your Use

Started by ktneifert09, February 26, 2011, 11:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktneifert09

Folks,
I'm going through my wiring and decided to color-code the schematics from the user's manual.  Thought maybe other folks could use them.  I will post them in this thread.  Let me know if you find any errors - I can't guarantee they are perfect.  There are 6 pages in total - I'll post four with this and then add the other two to the thread.
Enjoy
:cheers:
PS - The KTN on the front of the file names doesn't mean anything - those are just my initials - I kept getting a file name already used error.
Plans are useless; planning is indispensible.
Especially with an old car!

ktneifert09

And the other two for the interior.  You can print these, trim one and tape them together at the border to make an end-to-end schematic.
BTW - I converted these from Powerpoint so if they aren't working quite right, let me know.  I didn't try to print the JPEG files.

Topher

Very Nice! I'm sure this will come in handy for alotta folks. I'll try printing them later and let you know how it does.

Another thing you can do is print them and take them to a Staples or other office supply house that does printing and have them scan it and enlarge it, then you can have them laminated. I've done this a couple times and really like being able to wipe off my finger prints. Not to mention it helps them last longer.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

terrible one

AWESOME! That's a great idea . . . makes it SO much easier to trace wires and whatnot. I've already saved what you uploaded so far to my computer. Good job  :2thumbs:

ktneifert09

Found a missing colored wire on the second interior wiring KTN_Interior_Wiring_2.  So I colored it in - use this one instead of the previous posting.  Also, I realized that I was missing a page as I was cleaning the harnesses today - I forgot to scan the interior accessories.  I'm going to do that one this afternoon and I'll post it.  D-uh...Wondered why there were so many connectors.   :icon_smile_big:

ktneifert09

And here is the accessories schematic...

ktneifert09

And two more - AC and body wiring

Bob T

Good one, Thanks for posting, and Saved  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

ktneifert09

I've been going through my harnesses the last couple days and these REALLY help. Hope they help you guys as much!  Found a couple nits - for some reason I got it in my head on a couple that GY was green-yellow, not gray so watch for that. It's only about 4 wires.

DC_1

OneofNoneRT

1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

Bobs69

Very nice.  Are these the same for 69?

ktneifert09

I don't believe so in a few areas. I believe the 69 has three tail lights, right. But probably darn close. I can't believe even Dodge would rewire the entire car a year after a redesign. You can get the 69 schematics off a website and compare to these. Good luck.