News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help - wipers won't park on my 68

Started by Tscott38, February 25, 2011, 12:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tscott38

Was wondering why my wipers work but stop in a random position when the switch is turned off.  I read thru the archives and found a good post that explained how you can test the motor by jumping the contacts to one another for low, high, and off.  When I did this I realized the motor did park after all.  You could actually see it reverse and then hear a click when it did so . I did this with it off the car.  My 68 service manual has another continuity test you can run, and I was going to do it but the page that shows the contacts and the codes assigned to them is torn off.  I believe it was page 8-80 thru 8-82 that showed this diagram on a repo 68 service manual.  Would really appreciate any advice here as to whats going on, or if anyone actually had those pages and could post in a reply.  Thanks in advance. 

tomfed

Sound's like you got a bad wiper switch.after your test put it on the off postion hook your arm up at the motor in the off postion. because you can postion the arms in the wrong postion if the motor not in the off postion.

Topher

Either that or your switch lost it's ground. If the switch isn't grounded properly it will not park the wipers. Sound advice on leaving the arm unhooked until you get the switch sorted out.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Tscott38

I had the cluster out when I tested it.  The switch was just hooked up to the loose wires.  Is the switch graounded thru the cluster?  Where the motor bolts to the firewall I bleive is well grounded, but I'll check.  Thanks a lott for the ideas.