News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 Charger SE Project

Started by Skyview69, February 24, 2011, 10:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyview69

I thought I would share some progress pics of my 71.  I have had this car for 22 years now and have begun a low budget resto.  This was my first car back in high school.  It has a 69 440 HP.  Used to have an Air Grabber hood but I had sold it to a member a few years back....I know I know...but at least I still have the car and will probably be able to get a new repro one soon enough.  Anyway here are a few pics

Skyview69

Some more..

Skyview69

I am not much of a body man but also don't have much of a choice so I hope this turns out ok  :scratchchin:

Skyview69

a couple more...

Skyview69

Here's one of my 69...which also needs a ton of work  :-\

Also...a shot of my brother's Coronet.  This was his first ride in it..he bought it as a rolling shell from a member here and threw in a four speed and a 440...she doen't look like much but she goes like a bat out of hell  :o

That's all for now

:cheers:

Scaregrabber

Cool. The 71 Charger SE is about the only "non performance model" Mopar that I have always wanted to own. Something about the canopy roof, hideaways and everything else that just makes it. Even without stripes and scoops.

Sheldon

Skyview69

I've been working on the Grill this winter.  Here's a few before shots...

Skyview69

and a few more...

Skyview69

Here's how it turned out...not perfect but much better  :2thumbs:

Skyview69

a few more...

Skyview69

Last few...  :cheers:

mikesbbody

Nice Projects you have there  :2thumbs: as for the Hideaways...what a difference!  :coolgleamA:

Skyview69

Quote from: mikesbbody on March 04, 2011, 12:00:20 AM
Nice Projects you have there  :2thumbs: as for the Hideaways...what a difference!  :coolgleamA:

Thanks  :2thumbs:  I am hoping to get some more of the body work done this summer and get some paint on it.  Might be a while before I get any updates here but will do asap.
:cheers:

68blue

Nice work on the grill.  :2thumbs: That was the first piece I worked on when I started my 68.

69bronzeT5

Very cool! I love '71s.....got my eye on a '72 SE that a family friend has that's been sitting for a few years. I'm also very partial to your '69 as it's almost a twin to mine....red primer twins! ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Skyview69

Quote from: 68blue on March 04, 2011, 10:44:31 AM
Nice work on the grill.  :2thumbs: That was the first piece I worked on when I started my 68.

thanks..Grill work is very tedious but well worth it  :2thumbs:

Skyview69

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 04, 2011, 02:44:48 PM
Very cool! I love '71s.....got my eye on a '72 SE that a family friend has that's been sitting for a few years. I'm also very partial to your '69 as it's almost a twin to mine....red primer twins! ;)

yeah...I remember the pics from the post your charger thread.  I tried to go back and look but the pics I posted are deleted...not sure why  :shruggy:
I am thinking my 69 will get a quick makeover in the spring so i can get it out on the road and have a little fun with it.
Got any pics of that 72 you were looking at?