News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Our aero Kiwi brothers ok?

Started by hemi68charger, February 24, 2011, 09:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

I know it's a little late, but was curious about our New Zealand brethren over there...

Roll call, everyone ok?

John (440mop)
Duncan (Kiwi68)
Gary (boss429kiwi)
Bob T
Huey (hewi)
BubBABFP

I'm sure there are others, I just can't remember off the top of my head....

God willing, ya'll are ok...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

C500

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 24, 2011, 09:55:29 AM
I know it's a little late, but was curious about our New Zealand brethren over there...

Roll call, everyone ok?

John (440mop)
Dave (Kiwi68)
Gary (boss429kiwi)
Bob T
Huey (hewi)
BubBABFP

Troy

I'm ok, thanks Troy...Dave Duncan
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi68charger

Quote from: Kiwi68 on February 24, 2011, 03:59:13 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on February 24, 2011, 09:55:29 AM

Roll call, everyone ok?

John (440mop)
Dave (Kiwi68)
Gary (boss429kiwi)
Bob T
Huey (hewi)
BubBABFP

Troy

I'm ok, thanks Troy...Dave Duncan

Oppps... My bad.....  :o
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

jonw29

I sent Gary(BossKiwi) a PM the other day with no reply yet.I hope that all is well.

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

boss429kiwi

Hi guys

We live 4 hours drive (400km) from Christchurch, but we felt it.

Guys, ITS BAD! :icon_smile_dissapprove: :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

There will be approx 300 dead (not "bad" for the damage), but I honestly don't think the City Christchurch with a pop of 1/2 million can/will rebuild!
The future insurance issues are going to be complicated and problematic. The land is too fragmented.

Thanks for your concerns.
My family are well, and we are now offering our house to Chrishchurch familys to stay, free, for as long as they need to.
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

440mop

All ok way up here in Auckland.
As Garry says, not sure if Christchurch will pull through this one, I certainly wouldn't be staying, especially if I had rebuilt after Septembers 'quake last year.
Thanks for your thoughts.
John
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

Bob T

Thanks for your concern Troy, it is much appreciated

We are well out of the danger zone up here but feel quite worried for our southern countrymen and women , it is a very tragic situation and one of the foremost concerns is for another severe aftershock to hit the place.
Lots of international help in the form of search/rescue/recovery teams including 80 from the U.S. have been despatched and all are doing their utmost to help. Unfortunately the focus is now on recovery and not rescue

so sad for the people directly affected and their families, latest stat is 113 dead and 200 missing

I put up a bit more info and pic links in the other thread.

We've all been pretty subdued in the last few days, pretty tough going down there for the Cantaburians :grouphug:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.