News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A/C Heater systems

Started by warpspeed, January 31, 2011, 02:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warpspeed

This is the fifth year of working on my 68 Charger.  It is just a 318 car, w/A/C that I am putting in a 440.  I want to add a modified standard 440 with A/C that will be a very good driver, thus the need for a A/C system. I only wish I had seen this fofum much, much sooner.  But, I must pick up now with where I am.  So far, I have reviewed a lot of information and have been most appreciative of everyone's questions and answers.  I have learned alot :cheers:  BUT, with the A/C system, that was missing in my car, I am having trouble with the way the A/C system works and whether I have the right equipment to put everything back together the way it was suppose to be or even better.  So here goes with my question that holds me back in athe reassembly now.
I have a standard heater control dash panel.  This car was an A/C car orginally, so, I am switching over to an A/C panel system as soon as I can find a unit in good condition.
The A/C Heater box was missing.   Someone must have taken this box with the A/C control panel together.  I took an A/C unit  out of a 67 Belvedere.  Does anyone see a problem with this switch?  If so, what do I need to do to make it work?
I am talking with Classic Air about rebuilding my 67 unit, no problem.  May do it myself, though,  Money being the issue and I think I can do it.
Next, the ductwork/tubing is shot for some of the A/C unit, especially the 6" tubing from the fresh air to intake on the box.  Does anyone make new tubing for this application?  Or does anyone have a recommendation to a good replacement?  Apparently, Classic doesn't have any, but can supply 3" tubing for the other parts needed.   
There must be a drawing for the interior in a 68 Charger.  Some say that A/C is rare on the 68's   Anyway these are my questions.  Since I couldn't find anyother thread on this subject, maybe this can help others.

A383Wing

Someone named George emailed me about the one I have left...picture is enclosed in the email...

I have no clue who "George" is on here

warpspeed

A383Wing

I am now out of the large AC fresh air intake ducts...you guys are on yer own now...all 3 I had went to new homes on here

Bryan

Charger-R/T69

Hi,
I have just finished my 70 Charger 440 4 speed A/C car,
I live in Melbourne, Australia (should have kept the A/C going)
I removed the A/C components & got a new Aluminum Heater cose made here for the box,
I had the same trouble as you finding that flexable ducting, I work in construction & found on site some flexable ducting (light wieght) With an aluminum foil type finish
& I used that, The size was a bit bigger but I just put a 1 inch cut in the top end so I could slide it on & duct taped it around the vent,
Works great,

See If you can get it from Lowes or Home Depot in the US.

Thanks,
Luke.

warpspeed

Thanks for the follow up.  I was able to get a very good quality tube from A383wing recently.  I have looked through a lot of other places to find this part.  Doesn't look like a lot of need for new tubing to get someone to ramp up to make some new tubing parts.  I looked at the part very closely and I believe it would take a special process to duplicate it.   So, I am grateful to this forum to help me get a good used one from a member.  I have seen a couple of others on ebay, so, they are there to find. 

I have been unable to get into a local junk yard to look for other parts for some of my cars I am working on.  The operator is really sensitive and 'threw" me out over a misunderstanding.  I feel there may be a couple of others in the yard, but, any other good parts are being lost to rust.  Only wish he would let me back there again.  Oh well.