News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what followed me home recently...

Started by SRT-440, February 23, 2011, 08:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT-440

1985 Buick Grand National (it has a '87 driveline)

Engine:
Ported stock heads
New valves and Springs
RJC Headgaskets
Head Studs
PT 70 turbo with a P-Trim Wheel
Ford power Stroke intercooler
LS1 Mass Air Flow Sensor
RJC Power Plate
4" Big Mouth Cold Air Intake
Razor's Alky Injection
Keith mease 3" down pipe
3" ATR single shot exhaust with cut out
TA performance headers
Power logger data logger
lc-1 Wide Band Sensor with Gauge
Turbo Tweak Chip
65lb/hr Injectors

Transmission:
Freshly rebuilt by Jimmys
Vigilante 9" lock up 3000 to 3400 rpm

Rear end:
Eaton Posi
Moser axles
New bearings and gears - stock 3.42 ratio
TA Performance Rear Cover

Chassis/suspension/Body:
6 point roll cage
Metco rear suspension
Bilstein Shocks
Rear Air Bags
Body braces
5 under hood braces
Rear seat braces
Corvette Z06 Front brakes w/ Line lock
SIMMONS 17in wheels
BFG tires with only 400 mile on them
PST suspension bushings in the front end
Front lowering springs
Corbeau seats
Corbeau 5 point harnesses
Fiberglass front and rear bumpers
Driveshaft loop

It came with a huge 3 ring binder of everything ever done to it...including some time slips that range from high 12's to the fastest 11.41 (on street tires)...builder said with a more aggressive tune and some slicks it could be in the 10's. I've never been "scared" of a car until I drove this one...anything that can leave two black marks at 50-60mph is almost too much for the street.  :2thumbs:

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Ghoste

68coronetGLwannabe

Awesome car! Always liked them and would love to own one. Almost bought one a few years back. Took it for a test drive and I will say it was definitely the craziest, fastest stock car I have driven.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

kokxville

Wow :o I'm speechless.Beautiful GN.You have a blast driving the hell out of this thing.  :2thumbs:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

chargerboy69

Nice GN, I am jealous.  I had one a few years back, they are fun cars for sure.  :2thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TeeWJay426

Looks great, very fast as well.... one of my favorite non-Mopars. Would love to own one someday!  :2thumbs:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Hemidog

I'm not jealous at all! just putting it out there!  :brickwall:

69bronzeT5

Wow! That is one sexy GN! I've always loved those :drool5:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

71charger_fan

I once told my father-in-law if he bought a new GN and kept it for 3 years, I'd then pay him what he paid for it. He bought some crapbox Cutlass instead. When he traded that POS in, he got next to nothing for it.

jb666

That is absolutely stunning.. The days of owning my '87 GN were some of the best cruising days ever...

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mikesbbody

I always had a soft spot for those very nice!  :2thumbs:

SRT-440

Thanks everyone! It still needs a little TLC but it's an amazing car..not even talking about the power, but it handles great and with the Z06 brakes stops on a dime.  :2thumbs:

Still getting used to the power...takes a little "learning" to get the car in it's sweet spot on the street.

I'm used to big block power that is always on tap and tons of low end...with the turbo I have to wait for it to come on with the lag...putting the pedal to the floor won't get u anywhere but sideways.

Going to our track soon and I'll post up some vids of how it does..prolly won't be too great on street tires but it should run 12's even if I peddle it down the track.  :rofl:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Hissing Cobra

Very nice car! I'm a fan of all of the factory Muscle Cars, whether they're from the '60's or the '80's, '90's, 00's. That being said, I'm heavily involved in the '80's Mustangs and remember the Mustang/Gran National rivalries from the '80's very well. Back then, my friend owned a brand new '86 Grand National and we took it to New England Dragway. In stock form, it was running a tad bit quicker than the Mustangs. He mustered a best of 14.4 @ 94 mph while the majority of the Mustangs were running 14.5 @ 95 or so. Very impressive for a V-6! Of course, due to pricing and it's limited availability, those cars have aged well during the past 24 years and their collectibility is still very high. The Mustangs are a dime a dozen in comparison, just like they were back then.
1969 Dodge Charger 318/automatic - Gone and sorely missed.

1979 Mustang Cobra
Street, Strip, Show
306/T-5/4.30's
12.38 @ 111
August 2005 Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine Feature Car
April 2007 Modified Mustangs Magazine Feature Car

1989 Mustang LX
Stock Daily Driver
302/T-5/3.73's
14.66 @ 96

HITMAN 149

sweeeeeet!! yes i love the GN's also!!! i wanted one sooooo bad when i was in High school!! one of my rich spoiled friends got one as a present senior year.. bastard!!! lol i was tinkering with grabbing one instead of my 740i bmw.. but i needed a daily driver, i drive @ 80mi a day for work 5 days a week.. and it's not the kinda car you want to rack up the mileage on... hehehe
GOOOOD LUCK with it & BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!
:2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

RIDELIKEHELL

WOW! I missed this thread! I had a friend when we were 17 that bought one(90's) and it was a rocket. I still remember feeling the in your seat thrust but no rumble....still weird to think that. These are the cars that are going to be $ someday and you never know if one comes along in nice shape I may have to hit the bank for a withdrawl :yesnod:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Chevysrule

Sweet car!!! I am supposed  to go look at a low mileage one that a friend of mines father has stashed away in a garage in Vermont at some point this summer.......  I am a big fan of 80s early 90s RWD performance cars and built a small collection but still lack a GN and an SS454 pickup.... so far I have an 83 Hurst olds, 88 Monte Carlo SS, 93 triple black GT Muscrat conv, 94 Lightning, 89 Iroc Conv, 95 Impala SS , and an 85 Choo Choo Elcamino SS.... but of all of them  I cant wait to get a nice black GN ......