News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steelers Bill Cower after they blow their playoff bid

Started by 73dodge, January 03, 2006, 11:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilt

Manning shouldn't have deflected the blame onto his O line. Thats not good leadership. After all, year after year,  he is by far the least pressured and sacked QB in the league. A simple " we got outplayed" would have been a better response on his part.

69_500

Granted he should have said that they just got out played. But is there really anything wrong with saying they had line problems yesterday/ They did after all. I remember times when Elway, or Marino would chew people out for their bad play, but everyone took that as being a good leader. I agree.

nh_mopar_fan

While I agree that Manning seems to save his worst game for the playoffs, you have to admit that it took some stones to tell the kciking team to get off the field and go for a 4th and 3 sat the 50.

69_500

If they didn't go for it, they were pretty much giving up though right? And it was a 4th and 2.

nh_mopar_fan

There was, I think, 8 minutes left in the game. Dundy sent out the kicking team. Can you name another time where a QB has done that against the coaches wishes?

1970440RT

Quote from: smasherofall on January 16, 2006, 09:44:51 AM
Quote from: 1970440RT on January 16, 2006, 07:17:20 AM

Manning is certainly a shmuck, anyone catch him blaming his secondary for the loss?  I used to think he was a decent guy but apparently not.

If you were paying attention, he didn't blame it on the secondary, he said the offensive line had trouble with protection, which was the real problem he had. :rotz:

Easy man, I meant to type "O line" this morning.  Things were still pretty hazy from the celebration last night.  Doesn't change the fact that he was playing the blame game.  The coach can meter out responsibility as he sees fit in the press conference.  Actually come to think of it, when he sent the punt team off the field he saw himself as a coach, so I guess he never turned off coach mode after the game.  I still stand with bull; Manning is a shmuck.   

smasherofall

you must be related to Porter, all the wrong facts. In Dungy's post game he said he wanted to go for it, the punt team started out there before he stopped them, and Manning stating they had protection issues isn't putting the blame for the whole game on the O line, he just stated a fact after getting sacked 5 times. Pretty obvious don't you think, Joey?

bull

Quote from: smasherofall on January 16, 2006, 03:23:28 PM
you must be related to Porter, all the wrong facts. In Dungy's post game he said he wanted to go for it, the punt team started out there before he stopped them, and Manning stating they had protection issues isn't putting the blame for the whole game on the O line, he just stated a fact after getting sacked 5 times. Pretty obvious don't you think, Joey?

Maybe the line let the defense through so Manning could learn a lesson. I would have if were them. They probably told him to shut up, quit flapping his arms and run the plays but he thinks he's the team's all-knowing on-field coach. He's going to have lots more trouble with his teammates if he doesn't learn to shut up and do his job instead of trying to do everyone else's.

1970440RT

Definition of "Post Game Interviews": We have hit the showers, dressed and had time to get our stories straight to not look like bumbling idiots for what we did on the field. 

The punt team doesn't start out there on their own.  Unless the special teams coach is Manning in which case he does what he wants anyways.  Maybe that was it, there were two Mannings, butting heads because they both wanted to be coach.  Of course Manning wasn't putting the WHOLE game on the protection, just most of it.  Or at least more responsibility on them than himself.  The whole point is he is a shmuck for even bringing any other player or group of players in to his interview.  So caught up with "it is not my fault we lost".  Believe me, if Big Ben would have said that last year after the Steelers loss, I would think a lot less of him.  Porter's facts were straight, you may have misunerstood the ibonics. ;)  After the way he has been stepping up lately, ha can say whatever he wants however he wants.  Fine or no fine according to the NFL, he was right.

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: bull on January 16, 2006, 11:08:00 PM

Maybe the line let the defense through so Manning could learn a lesson. I would have if were them. They probably told him to shut up, quit flapping his arms and run the plays but he thinks he's the team's all-knowing on-field coach. He's going to have lots more trouble with his teammates if he doesn't learn to shut up and do his job instead of trying to do everyone else's.
That's the stupidest thing I've read today.

Yeah, the other guys decided to just let the Steelers have free shots at their QB, in a playoff game no less.

:ahum:

smasherofall

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 17, 2006, 10:08:03 AM
Quote from: bull on January 16, 2006, 11:08:00 PM

That's the stupidest thing I've read today.

Yeah, the other guys decided to just let the Steelers have free shots at their QB, in a playoff game no less.

:ahum:

Squeelers fans  :haha: :image_294343:  consider the source

69_500

Well this didn't go the way I thought the thread would go. I figured there would be some gracious steelers fans who just admit that they outplayed the Colts and won the game. Even if the officials tried to hand it over to the Colts. It just wasn't going to happen. That INT reversal was one of the worst calls I've ever seen, and I said the same thing as soon as he anounced he was ruling it an incomplete pass.

firefighter3931

Quote from: 1970440RT on January 17, 2006, 08:04:00 AM
[
Definition of "Post Game Interviews": We have hit the showers, dressed and had time to get our stories straight to not look like bumbling idiots for what we did on the field. 

Bingo ! Manning made the call and Dungy covered for him....plain and simple. Manning has a lot to learn still about winning "when it counts" and not just during the regular season against soft opponents. The NFL actually admitted in print that the interception by Troy T. was a good call and should not have been overturned. The Zebras that come out to officiate these games need to be hired on as full timers....enough of this weekend warrior crap officiating.  :P

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Lowprofile

Maybe  Manning and the boys shouldn't point fingers at each other so much and take a lesson from Tom Brady and the Patriots on how to exit the field with  grace & dignity, pointing out that your [THE TEAMS] game was not what it should have been and giving kudos to your opponent for playing a great game & doing everything right when it counted.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

nh_mopar_fan

Amen brother. The Pats certainly are unique in that way.

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: Lowprofile on January 17, 2006, 12:32:40 PM
Maybe  Manning and the boys shouldn't point fingers at each other so much and take a lesson from Tom Brady and the Patriots on how to exit the field with  grace & dignity, pointing out that your [THE TEAMS] game was not what it should have been and giving kudos to your opponent for playing a great game & doing everything right when it counted.

Maybe dignified after the game, but who was McGinnest yelling at on the Patriot's offense after the 100 yard interception return?

They showed a replay clip, and one of the Patriot's middle linebacker's (Vrabel?) was holding him back while he was screaming at someone, then an assistant coach got involved.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

twilt

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

The Steelers seem to be a on a roll as of late. Definately hot going into the Super Bowl.

nh_mopar_fan

When you beat the 1,2, and 3 seeds on the road. You're getting it done.

firefighter3931

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 23, 2006, 10:50:52 AM
When you beat the 1,2, and 3 seeds on the road. You're getting it done.

Aint that the truth !  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69_500

So they are the first team to beat the #1, #2, and #3 seeds on the road. First #6 seed to advance to the Super Bowl. Have the first QB to be in the AFC championship in each of his first two seasons.

Seattle wins its first playoff game in 20 years, then goes on and wins a second one the weeke after that.

So which team gives? Each is on a roll. But I think Steelers will pull of the victory in the Superbowl. I think it will be a close game, and that it will go back and forth too.

1970440RT

All trash talking aside, you couldn't ask for a better matchup.  Both teams are playing excellent football.

twilt

Yeah, that Bill Cowher needs to be fired. okay Seattle crybabies, you can post now. :bawling: :bawling: :nana: :nana:

8WHEELER

Quote from: twilt on February 06, 2006, 01:54:34 AM
Yeah, that Bill Cowher needs to be fired. okay Seattle crybabies, you can post now. :bawling: :bawling: :nana: :nana:

YEP YOU HAVE NO LIFE, I LIVE IN THE SEATTLE AREA, I SEE ONE OR TWO SEATTLE PEOPLE ON
THIS SITE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THIS GAME, THE REST ''DO NOT'' LIVE IN SEATTLE. GO BACK TO THE 70'S  O0
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.