News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steelers Bill Cower after they blow their playoff bid

Started by 73dodge, January 03, 2006, 11:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73dodge

Stinks about Palmer

I was hoping for a good fair fight, straight up battle to see who would have come out on top. the bengals just mailed it in after the injury.

And what up with the Giants?????? Man they were'nt that bad in the regular season??
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

nh_mopar_fan

What was even worse than just losing is the way they lost. Burress quit at the half. Tiki started running his mouth blaming the coach.

1970440RT

That is exactly the reason the Steelers got rid of Plax.  Thank god.  He has so much talent but his attitude screws it all up.  Maybe one of these days he'll wise up.  I was happy the Giants lost just because I can't stand him.  No pent up anger here I guess.  The Steelers still need to find a pass defense..and quick!!

Quote from: THE COLONEL on January 09, 2006, 08:34:31 AM
Quote from: hemihead on January 08, 2006, 10:42:16 PM
I'm from Da burgh and I say... LET"S GO PENS!!!!    :icon_smile_big:  :yesnod:

So am I, and I say the same thing too.

speaking of wasted talent...         They should be winning a hell of a lot more games

Ponch ®

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 09, 2006, 08:11:49 AM
After Palmer went down, the Bengals had their excuse to mail it in and did.

I dont think they "mailed it in" per se. Kitna looked good at first, but there was only so much he could do. Like I said earlier, there was no way Cincy's defense was gonna stop Pittsburgh, so theyre only hope was to have Palmer have a career game and try to outscore them.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

nh_mopar_fan

Johnson disappeared. The loss of Palmer didn't have anything to do withthe long snapper who botched the FG attempt. Bettis is no slouch but you have to do more than trying to hand tackle the guy. I got a laugh out of the announcers talking about how Bettis wasn't sure if he could come back if it meant having to deal with all the "running" he does during the off season?

You have got to be kidding me. With that gut, the only running he's been doing is to the buffet line.

1970440RT

Was it just me or did it look like Johnson was crying after the game?  Oh well, so much for the changing of the guard in the AFC north.

THE COLONEL

Quote from: 1970440RT on January 09, 2006, 10:59:59 AM
That is exactly the reason the Steelers got rid of Plax.  Thank god.  He has so much talent but his attitude screws it all up.  Maybe one of these days he'll wise up.  I was happy the Giants lost just because I can't stand him.  No pent up anger here I guess.  The Steelers still need to find a pass defense..and quick!!

Quote from: THE COLONEL on January 09, 2006, 08:34:31 AM
Quote from: hemihead on January 08, 2006, 10:42:16 PM
I'm from Da burgh and I say... LET"S GO PENS!!!!    :icon_smile_big:  :yesnod:

So am I, and I say the same thing too.

speaking of wasted talent...         They should be winning a hell of a lot more games

Shoot, they sould be winning the Cup on paper.  They are just not jelling together, and still taking stupid penalties in a system they should have mastered by now like every other team in the league has. >:(
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

73dodge

Quote from: 1970440RT on January 09, 2006, 01:41:24 PM
Was it just me or did it look like Johnson was crying after the game?  Oh well, so much for the changing of the guard in the AFC north.
\

Yea who was it on the Bungels telling everyone that we might as well "get used to it because the Bengals now own the division and they will be at the top for a long time"

Although it was just one game and they will still have a leg up for next season. It's just they are starting to sound like Browns fans with the talk about curses and stuff.

Browns arent cursed they just STINK!

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

smasherofall

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Lowprofile

Quote from: THE COLONEL on January 04, 2006, 02:41:43 PM
It's amazing how many Steeler fans are at the road games.  No matter where they go, you always seem to see thousands of Terrible Towels.

Bill Rocks!!
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

twilt

Can the Steelers lose this weekend and it not be considered "another choke"  or is losing to a favored team okay??

nh_mopar_fan

They're weak at home, even when favored. So, I would assume that on the road, when the underdog, they'd be a winner.

:icon_smile_dead:

Afflyer

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

twilt

nh_mopar_fan

They can thank Vaderjadt for saving them from a choke of historical proportions.

twilt

Ya take it however you can get it.  ;D  dont forget that the refs call on the  int was ludicrous which let colts back in game. HERE WE COME DENVER! GO BLACK AND GOLD.

73dodge

Quote from: twilt on January 15, 2006, 04:24:59 PM
Ya take it however you can get it.  ;D  dont forget that the refs call on the  int was ludicrous which let colts back in game. HERE WE COME DENVER! GO BLACK AND GOLD.

That's it you guys are going to the Big Dance, you know how I know?

Denver has 4 former Cleveland Browns players on their team. That right there will cause them to loose next week. They carry the Cleveland Curse with them where ever they go. The curse shows up whenever there is a big game on the line there will be one HUGE play that will cause them to loose the game.

firefighter3931

:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: Steelers deserved that win....kicked the snot out of Indy. Officiating was horrid !  :icon_smile_dead: Sure Bettis made a bad boo boo and Big Ben saved his ass. It was just meant to be. Manning is the ultimate choker, what's wth all this drama on the line of scrimmage, waving and carrying on like a fool only to throw an incomplete pass or get sacked. Hats off to the Black and Gold for taking it too them in their own backyard.  :devil: I really do feel bad for Dungy, he's had some serious issues to contend with recently and he is a class act. Indy is a good team but they were outplayed, outhustled and outcoached, plain and simple.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

694spdRT

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 15, 2006, 05:17:42 PM
:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: Steelers deserved that win....kicked the snot out of Indy. Officiating was horrid !  :icon_smile_dead: Sure Bettis made a bad boo boo and Big Ben saved his ass. It was just meant to be. Manning is the ultimate choker, what's wth all this drama on the line of scrimmage, waving and carrying on like a fool only to throw an incomplete pass or get sacked. Hats off to the Black and Gold for taking it too them in their own backyard.  :devil: I really do feel bad for Dungy, he's had some serious issues to contend with recently and he is a class act. Indy is a good team but they were outplayed, outhustled and outcoached, plain and simple.  :yesnod:

Ron

:iagree:

Go Steelers!!  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

bull

bull

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 15, 2006, 05:17:42 PM
Manning is the ultimate choker, what's wth all this drama on the line of scrimmage, waving and carrying on like a fool only to throw an incomplete pass or get sacked.

Ron

:iagree: That's exactly what I've been saying about Manning for the past three years. The guy is a schmuck. He farts around waving his arms and shouting like his jock strap is on fire and then does nothing. All smoke/no fire. Just run the friggin' play and move on already.

1970440RT

HOLY CRAP, I JUST SOBERED UP.  Unreal.  I just turned on sportscenter to see if it was a dream or not.  I love it!  We weren't supposed to be there, weren't supposed to dominate, and surely weren't supposed to win.  BUT WE DID!  Even through the horrendous officiating.  I guess if Polamalu stays on the ground and doesn't try to run the ball back, it would be an interception?  Explain that one.  Idiot penguins.  The ruling on the field was an int., the fact that he got up made it an incompletion during the review?  Idiots. 

Manning is certainly a shmuck, anyone catch him blaming his secondary for the loss?  I used to think he was a decent guy but apparently not.

In the end the Steelers manhandled the odds on favorite to win the Superbowl.  SWEET. 

69_500

Well being that I'm not a Colts fan, I'll say that the Steelers did deserve the win. They outplayed INDY on all sides of the ball yesterday. However I don't think Manning is a schmuck. But he has had bad games in crucial situations. I told my brother in law yesterday, that if the Steelers come out early and put points on the board and the Colts go 3 and out on their first few possessions manning will try to put the team on his shoulders and they will come up short. Indy needed to run Edgerin James more yesterday. After the one drive when they used him, he pretty much was non existent, as well as their offense.
The INT that was overturned was a crock. That had to be one of the worst calls ever. Right up there with the refs who blew the coin toss a few years back. It was right there and very obvious to see that he caught the ball, got a knee down, which is equal to 2 feet. Now someone explain to me what is a football move? If dragging your second toe before going out of bounds is a football move, but getting a knee down in the middle of the field which is supposedly equal to 2 feet isn't? HORRIBLE call, and that is the only reason Indy even had a chance was because of that play.

smasherofall

Quote from: 1970440RT on January 16, 2006, 07:17:20 AM

Manning is certainly a shmuck, anyone catch him blaming his secondary for the loss?  I used to think he was a decent guy but apparently not.

If you were paying attention, he didn't blame it on the secondary, he said the offensive line had trouble with protection, which was the real problem he had.   :rotz: