News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steelers Bill Cower after they blow their playoff bid

Started by 73dodge, January 03, 2006, 11:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73dodge

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

smasherofall

smasherofall

Afflyer

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

twilt

How exactly would the Steelers losing be considered "blowing it" ??  ::) ::) They are a good (not great)  team that was fortunate to make the playoffs and is a under dog in a wild card game.   as a long time steeler fan, i think he has done a good (no great) job. Actually,  any coach who can get a team QB'd by Mike Tomczak or Kordell Stewart into the playoffs, might just be considered a genius.

THE COLONEL

Being from the Burgh, and watching the Steelers every week, I would not want to be the team playing them right now.   they might be a Wild Card, but I think the have the most momentum of all the teams going into the playoffs.

As said in Pittsburghese (as we call it):

HERE WE GO STILLERS, HERE WE GO....HERE WE GO STILLERS, HERE WE GO...HERE WE GO STILLERS, HERE WE GO...HERE WE GO STILLERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!![/color][/b]

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

twilt

THE COLONEL

I need to put a couple Steeler magnets on The Colonel.  That will match real well. ;)

bull

Quote from: twilt on January 03, 2006, 03:03:36 PM
How exactly would the Steelers losing be considered "blowing it" ??   ::) ::) They are a good (not great)   team that was fortunate to make the playoffs and is a under dog in a wild card game.     as a long time steeler fan, i think he has done a good (no great) job. Actually,   any coach who can get a team QB'd by Mike Tomczak or Kordell Stewart into the playoffs, might just be considered a genius.

The same way the Buffalo Bills losing the Superbowl four years in a row is considered "blowing it."

twilt

Quote from: bull on January 03, 2006, 10:56:52 PM
How exactly would the Steelers losing be considered "blowing it" ??  ::) ::) They are a good (not great)  team that was fortunate to make the playoffs and is a under dog in a wild card game.   as a long time steeler fan, i think he has done a good (no great) job. Actually,  any coach who can get a team QB'd by Mike Tomczak or Kordell Stewart into the playoffs, might just be considered a genius.

The same way the Buffalo Bills losing the Superbowl four years in a row is considered "blowing it."

thats  a completely illogical comparison. The Bills had star studded teams led by a HOFer QB.

bull

Quote from: twilt on January 04, 2006, 12:42:00 AM
Quote from: bull on January 03, 2006, 10:56:52 PM
How exactly would the Steelers losing be considered "blowing it" ??   ::) ::) They are a good (not great)   team that was fortunate to make the playoffs and is a under dog in a wild card game.     as a long time steeler fan, i think he has done a good (no great) job. Actually,   any coach who can get a team QB'd by Mike Tomczak or Kordell Stewart into the playoffs, might just be considered a genius.

thats   a completely illogical comparison. The Bills had star studded teams led by a HOFer QB.

Completely illogical? So you're saying the Steelers are a bunch of fat, lazy, talentless losers who got where they got by accident? Sounds to me like you're making retroactive excuses for when they choke.

nh_mopar_fan

Someone refresh my memory. What is Cowher's record in the playoffs the past few years and in how many of those games were they at home and favored?

1970440RT

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 04, 2006, 07:55:17 AM
Someone refresh my memory. What is Cowher's record in the playoffs the past few years and in how many of those games were they at home and favored?

Bingo!!  You hit the nail on the head.  They will be playing on the road as an underdog, just their style.  Not many superstar players, mostly average to above average guys playing smashmouth football.  No one expects them to go anywhere.  I love it.  I think they have a better chance this year than last year when they were 15-1.  I guess time will tell...

nh_mopar_fan

I predict that someone is the lockerroom stock up on hankies for Hines.

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: 1970440RT on January 04, 2006, 09:09:46 AM
Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 04, 2006, 07:55:17 AM

Bingo!!  You hit the nail on the head.  They will be playing on the road as an underdog, just their style.  Not many superstar players, mostly average to above average guys playing smashmouth football.  No one expects them to go anywhere.  I love it.  I think they have a better chance this year than last year when they were 15-1.  I guess time will tell...

I think you've missed the point. They've lost games in the past few years where they have been at home and FAVORED. That's a choke. I don't care who they had on their roster. they fgot to the point where they were the favored team and were playing at home. Last year was a great example. They were favored and at home and the Pats came in and completely dominated them and exposed their rookie QB as well, a rookie QB.

73dodge

:stirthepot: :smilielol:

I love getting you steerler guys all fired up.......................

Beside what else am I going to do now that the Browns are out of the picture and won't be a super bowl contender for at least what 60 or 70 more years???????
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

THE COLONEL

Quote from: 73dodge on January 04, 2006, 10:50:43 AM

Beside what else am I going to do now that the Browns are out of the picture and won't be a super bowl contender for at least what 60 or 70 more years???????

The Who????? :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

The road is the Steelers home.  I'm actually glad they are not home.  They have trouble there in the playoffs.

1970440RT

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 04, 2006, 09:39:01 AM

I think you've missed the point. They've lost games in the past few years where they have been at home and FAVORED. That's a choke. I don't care who they had on their roster. they fgot to the point where they were the favored team and were playing at home. Last year was a great example. They were favored and at home and the Pats came in and completely dominated them and exposed their rookie QB as well, a rookie QB.

I'm a huge Steeler fan and believe me, I got your point.  I'll also say that they were the most overrated team in the NFL the second half of last season.  They should not have gotten as far as they did the way they were playing last year but they got lucky and did.  They seem to be hitting a high point right now and if they can stay up, they'll go far.  Not unlike Baltimore when they won the Superbowl.  Look at last weeks game against Detroit at HOME.  The game was in doubt until the fourth qtr, when it should have been wrapped up at half time.  The Steeler's secondary is average at best and Detroit exploited that.

Quote from: THE COLONEL on January 04, 2006, 11:19:15 AM

The Who????? :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

The road is the Steelers home. I'm actually glad they are not home. They have trouble there in the playoffs.

I spent the holidays in the DC / Baltimore area and had to watch the Steeler games at a sports bar, save for a couple Ravens and Skins fans, everyone wore black and gold.  I thought I was back home in the Burgh.  Awesome sight!

THE COLONEL

It's amazing how many Steeler fans are at the road games.  No matter where they go, you always seem to see thousands of Terrible Towels.

twilt

Quote from: 73dodge on January 04, 2006, 10:50:43 AM

yeah, yeah, yeah........................  out of all those so called chokes, the only one that REALLY burned me was the afc champ game against NE 3? years ago. statistically they outplayed the Pats,  but their special teams blew the game. I dont mind giving credit where its due  and YES i do think that B.  Bellicheck is a better coach than Cowher. last year, i didnt expect them to beat the Pats,  i couldnt have given a flip  less that they were favored and at home.  it didnt mean anything to me.  you don`t win super bowls with rookie QB`s

THE COLONEL

One down.....three to go.  Bring on the COLTS!!!!!

Ponch ®

Quote from: THE COLONEL on January 08, 2006, 08:07:25 PM
One down.....three to go.  Bring on the COLTS!!!!!

its a shame about Palmer though. As soon as they showed the first replay of the hit, I could tell it'd be bad.

Still, even with Palmer playing, the Bengals' D couldnt have stopped the Steelers.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

hemihead

I'm from Da burgh and I say... LET"S GO PENS!!!!    :icon_smile_big:  :yesnod:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

nh_mopar_fan

After Palmer went down, the Bengals had their excuse to mail it in and did.

THE COLONEL

Quote from: hemihead on January 08, 2006, 10:42:16 PM

So am I, and I say the same thing too.

73dodge

Stinks about Palmer

I was hoping for a good fair fight, straight up battle to see who would have come out on top. the bengals just mailed it in after the injury.

And what up with the Giants?????? Man they were'nt that bad in the regular season??

nh_mopar_fan

What was even worse than just losing is the way they lost. Burress quit at the half. Tiki started running his mouth blaming the coach.

1970440RT

That is exactly the reason the Steelers got rid of Plax.  Thank god.  He has so much talent but his attitude screws it all up.  Maybe one of these days he'll wise up.  I was happy the Giants lost just because I can't stand him.  No pent up anger here I guess.  The Steelers still need to find a pass defense..and quick!!

Quote from: THE COLONEL on January 09, 2006, 08:34:31 AM

speaking of wasted talent...         They should be winning a hell of a lot more games

Ponch ®

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 09, 2006, 08:11:49 AM
After Palmer went down, the Bengals had their excuse to mail it in and did.

I dont think they "mailed it in" per se. Kitna looked good at first, but there was only so much he could do. Like I said earlier, there was no way Cincy's defense was gonna stop Pittsburgh, so theyre only hope was to have Palmer have a career game and try to outscore them.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

nh_mopar_fan

Johnson disappeared. The loss of Palmer didn't have anything to do withthe long snapper who botched the FG attempt. Bettis is no slouch but you have to do more than trying to hand tackle the guy. I got a laugh out of the announcers talking about how Bettis wasn't sure if he could come back if it meant having to deal with all the "running" he does during the off season?

You have got to be kidding me. With that gut, the only running he's been doing is to the buffet line.

1970440RT

Was it just me or did it look like Johnson was crying after the game?  Oh well, so much for the changing of the guard in the AFC north.

THE COLONEL

Quote from: 1970440RT on January 09, 2006, 10:59:59 AM
That is exactly the reason the Steelers got rid of Plax.  Thank god.  He has so much talent but his attitude screws it all up.  Maybe one of these days he'll wise up.  I was happy the Giants lost just because I can't stand him.  No pent up anger here I guess.  The Steelers still need to find a pass defense..and quick!!

Quote from: THE COLONEL on January 09, 2006, 08:34:31 AM

speaking of wasted talent...         They should be winning a hell of a lot more games

Shoot, they sould be winning the Cup on paper.  They are just not jelling together, and still taking stupid penalties in a system they should have mastered by now like every other team in the league has. >:(

73dodge

Quote from: 1970440RT on January 09, 2006, 01:41:24 PM
Was it just me or did it look like Johnson was crying after the game?  Oh well, so much for the changing of the guard in the AFC north.
\

Yea who was it on the Bungels telling everyone that we might as well "get used to it because the Bengals now own the division and they will be at the top for a long time"

Although it was just one game and they will still have a leg up for next season. It's just they are starting to sound like Browns fans with the talk about curses and stuff.

Browns arent cursed they just STINK!

smasherofall

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Lowprofile

Quote from: THE COLONEL on January 04, 2006, 02:41:43 PM
It's amazing how many Steeler fans are at the road games.  No matter where they go, you always seem to see thousands of Terrible Towels.

Bill Rocks!!

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

twilt

Can the Steelers lose this weekend and it not be considered "another choke"  or is losing to a favored team okay??

nh_mopar_fan

They're weak at home, even when favored. So, I would assume that on the road, when the underdog, they'd be a winner.

:icon_smile_dead:

Afflyer

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

twilt

nh_mopar_fan

They can thank Vaderjadt for saving them from a choke of historical proportions.

twilt

Ya take it however you can get it.  ;D  dont forget that the refs call on the  int was ludicrous which let colts back in game. HERE WE COME DENVER! GO BLACK AND GOLD.

73dodge

Quote from: twilt on January 15, 2006, 04:24:59 PM
Ya take it however you can get it.  ;D  dont forget that the refs call on the  int was ludicrous which let colts back in game. HERE WE COME DENVER! GO BLACK AND GOLD.

That's it you guys are going to the Big Dance, you know how I know?

Denver has 4 former Cleveland Browns players on their team. That right there will cause them to loose next week. They carry the Cleveland Curse with them where ever they go. The curse shows up whenever there is a big game on the line there will be one HUGE play that will cause them to loose the game.

firefighter3931

:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: Steelers deserved that win....kicked the snot out of Indy. Officiating was horrid !  :icon_smile_dead: Sure Bettis made a bad boo boo and Big Ben saved his ass. It was just meant to be. Manning is the ultimate choker, what's wth all this drama on the line of scrimmage, waving and carrying on like a fool only to throw an incomplete pass or get sacked. Hats off to the Black and Gold for taking it too them in their own backyard.  :devil: I really do feel bad for Dungy, he's had some serious issues to contend with recently and he is a class act. Indy is a good team but they were outplayed, outhustled and outcoached, plain and simple.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

694spdRT

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 15, 2006, 05:17:42 PM
:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: Steelers deserved that win....kicked the snot out of Indy. Officiating was horrid !  :icon_smile_dead: Sure Bettis made a bad boo boo and Big Ben saved his ass. It was just meant to be. Manning is the ultimate choker, what's wth all this drama on the line of scrimmage, waving and carrying on like a fool only to throw an incomplete pass or get sacked. Hats off to the Black and Gold for taking it too them in their own backyard.  :devil: I really do feel bad for Dungy, he's had some serious issues to contend with recently and he is a class act. Indy is a good team but they were outplayed, outhustled and outcoached, plain and simple.  :yesnod:

Ron

:iagree:

Go Steelers!!  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

bull

bull

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 15, 2006, 05:17:42 PM
Manning is the ultimate choker, what's wth all this drama on the line of scrimmage, waving and carrying on like a fool only to throw an incomplete pass or get sacked.

Ron

:iagree: That's exactly what I've been saying about Manning for the past three years. The guy is a schmuck. He farts around waving his arms and shouting like his jock strap is on fire and then does nothing. All smoke/no fire. Just run the friggin' play and move on already.

1970440RT

HOLY CRAP, I JUST SOBERED UP.  Unreal.  I just turned on sportscenter to see if it was a dream or not.  I love it!  We weren't supposed to be there, weren't supposed to dominate, and surely weren't supposed to win.  BUT WE DID!  Even through the horrendous officiating.  I guess if Polamalu stays on the ground and doesn't try to run the ball back, it would be an interception?  Explain that one.  Idiot penguins.  The ruling on the field was an int., the fact that he got up made it an incompletion during the review?  Idiots. 

Manning is certainly a shmuck, anyone catch him blaming his secondary for the loss?  I used to think he was a decent guy but apparently not.

In the end the Steelers manhandled the odds on favorite to win the Superbowl.  SWEET. 

69_500

Well being that I'm not a Colts fan, I'll say that the Steelers did deserve the win. They outplayed INDY on all sides of the ball yesterday. However I don't think Manning is a schmuck. But he has had bad games in crucial situations. I told my brother in law yesterday, that if the Steelers come out early and put points on the board and the Colts go 3 and out on their first few possessions manning will try to put the team on his shoulders and they will come up short. Indy needed to run Edgerin James more yesterday. After the one drive when they used him, he pretty much was non existent, as well as their offense.
The INT that was overturned was a crock. That had to be one of the worst calls ever. Right up there with the refs who blew the coin toss a few years back. It was right there and very obvious to see that he caught the ball, got a knee down, which is equal to 2 feet. Now someone explain to me what is a football move? If dragging your second toe before going out of bounds is a football move, but getting a knee down in the middle of the field which is supposedly equal to 2 feet isn't? HORRIBLE call, and that is the only reason Indy even had a chance was because of that play.

smasherofall

Quote from: 1970440RT on January 16, 2006, 07:17:20 AM

Manning is certainly a shmuck, anyone catch him blaming his secondary for the loss?  I used to think he was a decent guy but apparently not.

If you were paying attention, he didn't blame it on the secondary, he said the offensive line had trouble with protection, which was the real problem he had.   :rotz:

twilt

Manning shouldn't have deflected the blame onto his O line. Thats not good leadership. After all, year after year,  he is by far the least pressured and sacked QB in the league. A simple " we got outplayed" would have been a better response on his part.

69_500

Granted he should have said that they just got out played. But is there really anything wrong with saying they had line problems yesterday/ They did after all. I remember times when Elway, or Marino would chew people out for their bad play, but everyone took that as being a good leader. I agree.

nh_mopar_fan

While I agree that Manning seems to save his worst game for the playoffs, you have to admit that it took some stones to tell the kciking team to get off the field and go for a 4th and 3 sat the 50.

69_500

If they didn't go for it, they were pretty much giving up though right? And it was a 4th and 2.

nh_mopar_fan

There was, I think, 8 minutes left in the game. Dundy sent out the kicking team. Can you name another time where a QB has done that against the coaches wishes?

1970440RT

Quote from: smasherofall on January 16, 2006, 09:44:51 AM
Quote from: 1970440RT on January 16, 2006, 07:17:20 AM

If you were paying attention, he didn't blame it on the secondary, he said the offensive line had trouble with protection, which was the real problem he had. :rotz:

Easy man, I meant to type "O line" this morning.  Things were still pretty hazy from the celebration last night.  Doesn't change the fact that he was playing the blame game.  The coach can meter out responsibility as he sees fit in the press conference.  Actually come to think of it, when he sent the punt team off the field he saw himself as a coach, so I guess he never turned off coach mode after the game.  I still stand with bull; Manning is a shmuck.   

smasherofall

you must be related to Porter, all the wrong facts. In Dungy's post game he said he wanted to go for it, the punt team started out there before he stopped them, and Manning stating they had protection issues isn't putting the blame for the whole game on the O line, he just stated a fact after getting sacked 5 times. Pretty obvious don't you think, Joey?

bull

Quote from: smasherofall on January 16, 2006, 03:23:28 PM
you must be related to Porter, all the wrong facts. In Dungy's post game he said he wanted to go for it, the punt team started out there before he stopped them, and Manning stating they had protection issues isn't putting the blame for the whole game on the O line, he just stated a fact after getting sacked 5 times. Pretty obvious don't you think, Joey?

Maybe the line let the defense through so Manning could learn a lesson. I would have if were them. They probably told him to shut up, quit flapping his arms and run the plays but he thinks he's the team's all-knowing on-field coach. He's going to have lots more trouble with his teammates if he doesn't learn to shut up and do his job instead of trying to do everyone else's.

1970440RT

Definition of "Post Game Interviews": We have hit the showers, dressed and had time to get our stories straight to not look like bumbling idiots for what we did on the field. 

The punt team doesn't start out there on their own.  Unless the special teams coach is Manning in which case he does what he wants anyways.  Maybe that was it, there were two Mannings, butting heads because they both wanted to be coach.  Of course Manning wasn't putting the WHOLE game on the protection, just most of it.  Or at least more responsibility on them than himself.  The whole point is he is a shmuck for even bringing any other player or group of players in to his interview.  So caught up with "it is not my fault we lost".  Believe me, if Big Ben would have said that last year after the Steelers loss, I would think a lot less of him.  Porter's facts were straight, you may have misunerstood the ibonics. ;)  After the way he has been stepping up lately, ha can say whatever he wants however he wants.  Fine or no fine according to the NFL, he was right.

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: bull on January 16, 2006, 11:08:00 PM

Maybe the line let the defense through so Manning could learn a lesson. I would have if were them. They probably told him to shut up, quit flapping his arms and run the plays but he thinks he's the team's all-knowing on-field coach. He's going to have lots more trouble with his teammates if he doesn't learn to shut up and do his job instead of trying to do everyone else's.
That's the stupidest thing I've read today.

Yeah, the other guys decided to just let the Steelers have free shots at their QB, in a playoff game no less.

:ahum:

smasherofall

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 17, 2006, 10:08:03 AM
Quote from: bull on January 16, 2006, 11:08:00 PM

That's the stupidest thing I've read today.

Yeah, the other guys decided to just let the Steelers have free shots at their QB, in a playoff game no less.

:ahum:

Squeelers fans  :haha: :image_294343:  consider the source

69_500

Well this didn't go the way I thought the thread would go. I figured there would be some gracious steelers fans who just admit that they outplayed the Colts and won the game. Even if the officials tried to hand it over to the Colts. It just wasn't going to happen. That INT reversal was one of the worst calls I've ever seen, and I said the same thing as soon as he anounced he was ruling it an incomplete pass.

firefighter3931

Quote from: 1970440RT on January 17, 2006, 08:04:00 AM
[
Definition of "Post Game Interviews": We have hit the showers, dressed and had time to get our stories straight to not look like bumbling idiots for what we did on the field. 

Bingo ! Manning made the call and Dungy covered for him....plain and simple. Manning has a lot to learn still about winning "when it counts" and not just during the regular season against soft opponents. The NFL actually admitted in print that the interception by Troy T. was a good call and should not have been overturned. The Zebras that come out to officiate these games need to be hired on as full timers....enough of this weekend warrior crap officiating.  :P

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Lowprofile

Maybe  Manning and the boys shouldn't point fingers at each other so much and take a lesson from Tom Brady and the Patriots on how to exit the field with  grace & dignity, pointing out that your [THE TEAMS] game was not what it should have been and giving kudos to your opponent for playing a great game & doing everything right when it counted.

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

nh_mopar_fan

Amen brother. The Pats certainly are unique in that way.

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: Lowprofile on January 17, 2006, 12:32:40 PM
Maybe  Manning and the boys shouldn't point fingers at each other so much and take a lesson from Tom Brady and the Patriots on how to exit the field with  grace & dignity, pointing out that your [THE TEAMS] game was not what it should have been and giving kudos to your opponent for playing a great game & doing everything right when it counted.

Maybe dignified after the game, but who was McGinnest yelling at on the Patriot's offense after the 100 yard interception return?

They showed a replay clip, and one of the Patriot's middle linebacker's (Vrabel?) was holding him back while he was screaming at someone, then an assistant coach got involved.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

twilt

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

The Steelers seem to be a on a roll as of late. Definately hot going into the Super Bowl.

nh_mopar_fan

When you beat the 1,2, and 3 seeds on the road. You're getting it done.

firefighter3931

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 23, 2006, 10:50:52 AM
When you beat the 1,2, and 3 seeds on the road. You're getting it done.

Aint that the truth !  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron

69_500

So they are the first team to beat the #1, #2, and #3 seeds on the road. First #6 seed to advance to the Super Bowl. Have the first QB to be in the AFC championship in each of his first two seasons.

Seattle wins its first playoff game in 20 years, then goes on and wins a second one the weeke after that.

So which team gives? Each is on a roll. But I think Steelers will pull of the victory in the Superbowl. I think it will be a close game, and that it will go back and forth too.

1970440RT

All trash talking aside, you couldn't ask for a better matchup.  Both teams are playing excellent football.

twilt

Yeah, that Bill Cowher needs to be fired. okay Seattle crybabies, you can post now. :bawling: :bawling: :nana: :nana:

8WHEELER

Quote from: twilt on February 06, 2006, 01:54:34 AM
Yeah, that Bill Cowher needs to be fired. okay Seattle crybabies, you can post now. :bawling: :bawling: :nana: :nana:

YEP YOU HAVE NO LIFE, I LIVE IN THE SEATTLE AREA, I SEE ONE OR TWO SEATTLE PEOPLE ON
THIS SITE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THIS GAME, THE REST ''DO NOT'' LIVE IN SEATTLE. GO BACK TO THE 70'S  O0
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: twilt on February 06, 2006, 01:54:34 AM
and it only took a short 14 years to do it.

THE COLONEL

I have to say this.  I think both teams sucked, but I'm happy with the turn out.  I feel the reason both teams were off their games is the Bye Week.  It is the same for the Wild Card Weekend.  At least for the Superbowl, they need to go back to having it the next week, and forget the Bye.  Screw the media.  I think the games would be a heck of a lot better if it didn't take almost three quarters for the teams to finally come around.

****WAY TO GO STEELERS!!!!****

69_500

Congrats to the Steelers, and who cares if it took him 14 years to get a Super Bowl ring as a coach. He still has one. Doesn't matter how long it takes.