News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My "other" Charger mini rebuild.

Started by doctor4766, February 21, 2011, 06:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChgrSteve67

doctor4766

Few updates since I haven't posted in this one for a while.

Motor's back in  :2thumbs:

And we have some interior again

Gotta order a new hoodlining soon so I can get that installed and fit up the rest of the glass.
Gotta love a '69

ChgrSteve67

doctor4766

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on May 16, 2011, 09:57:21 PM
I'm starting to get a woody
Just don't point that thing in my direction ok mister? lol
Gotta love a '69

Bob T

Hey Doc, do you reckon its Parent Corporation Directive in the styling cues for the front grill for a VJ? Just seems so much like a 'Cuda influence to me . Cars shaping up rool nice mate too  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

doctor4766

Hey ya could be onto something there Bob.
Never really associated the two cars even though both are Chryslers, before but yes, there's definately an influence there!
Gotta love a '69

Always a good thing when a project starts to come together....

Those straight sixes go pretty damn well... I remember seeing one dicing it up with a 450 horse Camaro and a GT HO phase 3... It impressed me quite a bit.

Are you going with triple webbers Doc ?

suzkat110

hey Doc...

your car is looking really good mate... I am also in Perth and have a 68 charger, I am interested to know who you have used for your trimming, i have a vinyl roof and headliner to install soon hopefully (you can pm me if you like). It would be good to not have to pick someone at random in the phone book!

:cheers:

Travis

doctor4766

Quote from: 440 on May 17, 2011, 06:20:37 AM

Those straight sixes go pretty damn well... I remember seeing one dicing it up with a 450 horse Camaro and a GT HO phase 3... It impressed me quite a bit.
Yes the hemi 6 is an awesome engine I'll agree, but until I rebuild the motor I'll be sticking with a four barrel at most.
Can't be having two gas guzzlers on the go at the same time now can I?
Gotta love a '69

doctor4766

Quote from: suzkat110 on May 17, 2011, 06:29:38 AM
hey Doc...
your car is looking really good mate... I am also in Perth and have a 68 charger, I am interested to know who you have used for your trimming, i have a vinyl roof and headliner to install soon hopefully (you can pm me if you like). It would be good to not have to pick someone at random in the phone book!
Travis
Hi Travis!
I'll PM you Rob's number.
Tell me about your Charger.

Paul
Gotta love a '69

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

suzkat110

Quote from: doctor4766 on May 17, 2011, 06:33:27 AM
hey Doc...
Travis
Hi Travis!

Paul

thanks for that Paul...

I am in the process of getting my car on the road at the moment, which is taking some time.. i  imported the car late last year, its a nice original car that is in really nice condition for its age but just needs a good going over....the roof is getting prepped for the vinyl tomorrow, so hopefully things will start progressing soon...

Travis

68r/t

doctor4766

Quote from: suzkat110 on May 17, 2011, 07:43:14 AM
Quote from: doctor4766 on May 17, 2011, 06:33:27 AM
hey Doc...
Travis
Hi Travis!

Paul

thanks for that Paul...

I am in the process of getting my car on the road at the moment, which is taking some time.. i  imported the car late last year, its a nice original car that is in really nice condition for its age but just needs a good going over....the roof is getting prepped for the vinyl tomorrow, so hopefully things will start progressing soon...

Travis

Where you at Travis?
Would be cool to see your car some time.
Gotta love a '69

Charger_Dart

Quote from: doctor4766 on May 17, 2011, 06:31:33 AM
Quote from: 440 on May 17, 2011, 06:20:37 AM

Yes the hemi 6 is an awesome engine I'll agree, but until I rebuild the motor I'll be sticking with a four barrel at most.
Can't be having two gas guzzlers on the goat the same time now can I?

I saw this car at this year's Mopars at the Strip in Vagas and it was real interesting. How about the blinds in the rear window ? And what happened to the rest of the rear bumper ?
Nice interesting car.

68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

doctor4766

Plenty of Valiant utes still on the road here.
I'm suprised there weren't many (if any) sold new in the US.
Those venetian blinds are quite popular with guys who want the original 'grampa' look.
The rear bumper is split so the tailgate can drop btw.
Gotta love a '69

Charger_Dart

Thanks for the info, Good to know  :cheers: I could not find the owner to ask questions.
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

doctor4766

Small update.
The hoodlining and dash are now in, which allowed me to start getting the rest of the glass in.

I'm a little pissed off that the chrome mylar locking strip was found to be 4" short after already having a hard time fitting it in, especially around the corners.
Seems the aperture is a bit tight following the bodywork that was done there. But I'll try and sort that out real soon.
I may even belt wipe the glass for an easier fit.

Found a good wiring harness at the local Mopar wreckers and managed to get that installed too.

Next up will be to order a set of extractors and fit those and the intake manifold,then she'll be ready to fire up  :D
Gotta love a '69

Darkman

Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Rolling_Thunder

my import wheels are turning...     straight 6...       wonder if a Toyota GTE TT motor out of a Supra would fit in there...     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

doctor4766

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on August 07, 2011, 07:16:22 PM
my import wheels are turning...     straight 6...       wonder if a Toyota GTE TT motor out of a Supra would fit in there...     
I'd be more inclined to big block it.
Been done many times here before.
Gotta love a '69

tan top

Quote from: doctor4766 on August 07, 2011, 06:08:06 PM
Small update.
The hoodlining and dash are now in, which allowed me to start getting the rest of the glass in.

I'm a little pissed off that the chrome mylar locking strip was found to be 4" short after already having a hard time fitting it in, especially around the corners.
Seems the aperture is a bit tight following the bodywork that was done there. But I'll try and sort that out real soon.
I may even belt wipe the glass for an easier fit.

Found a good wiring harness at the local Mopar wreckers and managed to get that installed too.

Next up will be to order a set of extractors and fit those and the intake manifold,then she'll be ready to fire up  :D

:coolgleamA: looks good !! nice working going on there  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :popcrn:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html