News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headrests... What else will work..

Started by jb666, February 21, 2011, 04:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Ok, this is an odd question. Right now, center to center, my head rest holes (in the seats) are 8.5" .

Here's my problem. The head rests that came with my car are complete pcs of crap. Instead of spending the time/$$ re-finishing them, I want to find a nice QUALITY pair of head rests.

My question is has anyone ever seen a chart that outlines which cars have which head rests, by measurements??? My wife's Navigator head rests would be PERFECT but they are 2" too narrow...

:popcrn:

Just 6T9 CHGR

BE/A have them in repro & are now pretty nice.  I have them in my car
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 21, 2011, 07:00:54 PM
BE/A have them in repro & are now pretty nice.  I have them in my car

Do they only sell one style? I'm looking for something "different". I'll check them out now.

I just learned that Hummer head rests are the exact same measurements (pole to pole), so it's a start.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yes the factory style only....didnt know you were looking for different....sorry
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Don't be sorry!! You had no idea what my bi-polar self was looking for!!!

check this out.. Hummer H3. They will be recovered to match my seats perfectly. I'll also keep the factory rests (which are being re-dyed). IGNORE THE FACT THAT THEY ARE BLACK, I think these look great.

And a HUGE comfort difference over the stock BRICKS that were in my seat before.

Hey, for $30, what do I have to lose?!?!

oldcarnut

Look good to me.  What year H3 were they? I might look into some myself.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

jb666

2006-2010 are 8.5" from post to post and will drop right in.  Mine are getting re-covered this weekend.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 04, 2011, 06:19:00 PM
They dont look half bad!   :faint:

;)

Well, they look pretty goofy right now.. They stick out like a sore thumb.. Hopefully when they match they'll look better  :icon_smile_big:

Brock Samson

But will they block your entry and exit as you climb in and out the windows Bo?..  :rofl:

jb666

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 04, 2011, 06:56:32 PM
But will they block your entry and exit as you climb in and out the windows Bo?..  :rofl:

No, mary, not even if you have your skirt on.

Old Moparz

I like them, too.   :cheers:

I also like that you don't have to deal with a chromed plastic strip.  :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

squeakfinder

Quote from: jb666 on March 04, 2011, 06:58:59 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on March 04, 2011, 06:56:32 PM

No Daisey, not even if you have your skirt on.

But those door lock's are gonna rip you a new one.  :icon_smile_big:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: jb666 on March 04, 2011, 06:20:15 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 04, 2011, 06:19:00 PM
They dont look half bad!   :faint:

;)

Well, they look pretty goofy right now.. They stick out like a sore thumb.. Hopefully when they match they'll look better  :icon_smile_big:

Too bad my all time fav Mustang "halo" headrests wont fit.  I put a set in my '92 vert when I had it.  Im also in the process of adding a set ot my '99 vert now...

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

oldcarnut

Quote from: jb666 on March 04, 2011, 05:49:14 PM
2006-2010 are 8.5" from post to post and will drop right in.  Mine are getting re-covered this weekend.

I know its an old post but got an updated pic? How'd they turn out for you?  My seats are in the shop right now and I want to figure out the headrests.  Its a bench seat but I think they're the same except for pole length. 

oldcarnut

Found thread in some old email notification and saw it hadn't been followed up.  Here's what I had and how they ended up.  Thought I'd post for info in case somebody else thinks about it.  I also remade the dressing hardware to fit the smaller H3 poles