News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee - Love 'em hate em,.. or indifferent?..

Started by Brock Samson, February 19, 2011, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok: cast your votes.

Live and Breath DOH!!!! YEE HAWW!!
Love the show that's why I'm here.
They're OK I guess, to each their own.
Like them somewhat but don't see the fuss.
Think the DOH is pretty dumb.

G-man

Black, how borring.  :poke: :stirthepot:

It will b good Veronika  :2thumbs:

If anyone was to cut up an original R/T Charger or turn an R/T charger into a GL I would say they lost their brain. I aggree fully that if it was an RT/SE Tripple black you would be absolutelly medically unstable for turning that into a general lee. However when you own a 318 charger, big deal what you turn it into. Even a 383 H code charger I dont see the problem in changing (I got one). However if it was a 440 4-speed car, or a hemi car etc, then I would definatelly leave it original.

I guess ppl that like general lees or modifiefd cars in general should look to buy either 318's or 383 cars and leave the 440s and hemis to be original (thats what I did anyway)

Richard Cranium

Quote from: clanton on March 12, 2011, 07:09:58 PM
I'm waiting for the whole Joe Dirt crowd to show up..... :brickwall:

Isn't that about 65% of all General Lee owners?  :nana:
I am Dr. Remulac

Brock Samson

Mrs.Caveman

off topic but Brock your signature is so funny :2thumbs:!

JT01

As much as I love the General Lee I would never make one out of a R/T or SE car or even a perfect original 318 car. My General was a piece of crap 318 car that half rusted away.
Quote from: Richard Cranium on March 13, 2011, 06:13:20 PM
Quote from: clanton on March 12, 2011, 07:09:58 PM
I'm waiting for the whole Joe Dirt crowd to show up..... :brickwall:

Isn't that about 65% of all General Lee owners?  :nana:
As for you arent we car enthusiast out of all the clubs Im in you are the most disrepectful person that I have seen do you really think your funny, people on here are building there dream cars because we are enthusiast and we love chargers just because we like Generals doesnt give you the right to bash us I have seen some chargers on here that I dont like but I would never bash anyone about them because im a better person than that its theres and thats what they want. So you write that Joe Dirt statement lets see what all you have I will compare what I have against you any day.

Brock Samson

I'm gonna have to agree, R.C. And Clanton have run rampant around this site pissing on everyone's posts, and I know I'm not the only one to notice this, as I've gotten PM's from folks, some of whom were regular members here, saying this is the very reason they don't frequent this site anymore.

JT01

Its a shame that there are people like that on here he is not a car enthusiast he is a asshole he should just go the the Off Topic part of the site and stay there and start a thread called assholes and they can hang out there and leave us car enthusiast CHARGER LOVERS alone.

WB General Lee

I agree with JT101 I may see a Charger that may not be exactly what I like but I wouldn't put them down. I would really like to see what they are driving around in. They act like they own a Hemi Daytona with a 999 paint code and a set of recalled Kelsey wheels lol.

Cooter

My take on these a**wipes is you have these kind on every forum..You know, the ones that don't ever see anybody acting like an ass so they tend to try and fill the void..It really gets back to the grade school days of the playground bully..Always talkin' sh*t, when in reallity, they are simply blowing smoke..I really don't care if they DO own a Hemi Daytona, 999 Special order paint code, Recall kelsey wheel, one of one car or not, still doesn't give them the right to act like an ass...I'm just amazed this thread lasted when all the others went bye,bye...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

WB General Lee

You are right about that I was just making a point but it really doesn't matter what you own you should always be respectful of others. I know car guys that own fantastic collections and they are friendly with everyone. A guy I met on Woodward many people may know him (Tod Warner) has many original factory race cars and he was so nice and showed me his cars. I told him a few cars I own and we just had a good time.

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Kern Dog

[quote
[/quote] As for you arent we car enthusiast out of all the clubs Im in you are the most disrepectful person that I have seen do you really think your funny, people on here are building there dream cars because we are enthusiast and we love chargers just because we like Generals doesnt give you the right to bash us I have seen some chargers on here that I dont like but I would never bash anyone about them because im a better person than that its theres and thats what they want. So you write that Joe Dirt statement lets see what all you have I will compare what I have against you any day.
[/quote]

It ruins your arguement when your typing is a mish-mash of a run on sentence with improper spelling and punctuation.
I get your point, but it was really hard to read. It was sorta like trying to understand a drunk.

Ghoste

Really and truly I think just about everyone here loves all things Charger.  There are a few trolls around who bait us and there are a few of us who are big enough suckers to bite.

JT01

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on March 13, 2011, 11:21:12 PM
[quote
As for you arent we car enthusiast out of all the clubs Im in you are the most disrepectful person that I have seen do you really think your funny, people on here are building there dream cars because we are enthusiast and we love chargers just because we like Generals doesnt give you the right to bash us I have seen some chargers on here that I dont like but I would never bash anyone about them because im a better person than that its theres and thats what they want. So you write that Joe Dirt statement lets see what all you have I will compare what I have against you any day.
[/quote]

It ruins your arguement when your typing is a mish-mash of a run on sentence with improper spelling and punctuation.
I get your point, but it was really hard to read. It was sorta like trying to understand a drunk.
[/quote]Sorry if you had trouble reading it I was in a hurry and ticked off at the same time.

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on March 14, 2011, 12:26:53 AM
There are a few trolls around who bait us and there are a few of us who are big enough suckers to bite.

Ever wonder why the "Drama" threads bring in like 17 pages, while the really good threads with NO drama, only bring like 3 pages max?

Same reason people say they hate those "Reallity" TV shows because of all the "Drama", yet where are they on Thursday night when it airs?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

clanton

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

clanton

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 13, 2011, 07:04:42 PM
I'm gonna have to agree, R.C. And Clanton have run rampant around this site pissing on everyone's posts, and I know I'm not the only one to notice this, as I've gotten PM's from folks, some of whom were regular members here, saying this is the very reason they don't frequent this site anymore.

You started the thread. Everybody knows GL threads always end up this way, so I would say you are the biggest instigator here. Having as many posts you have I assume you know so.
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

clanton

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

WB General Lee

Darkman

Quote from: Cooter on March 13, 2011, 09:32:28 PM
My take on these a**wipes is you have these kind on every forum..You know, the ones that don't ever see anybody acting like an ass so they tend to try and fill the void..It really gets back to the grade school days of the playground bully..Always talkin' sh*t, when in reallity, they are simply blowing smoke..I really don't care if they DO own a Hemi Daytona, 999 Special order paint code, Recall kelsey wheel, one of one car or not, still doesn't give them the right to act like an ass...I'm just amazed this thread lasted when all the others went bye,bye...

If Clanton's car is the one in his avatar and it was at a show parked next to a well built GL, I know what car I would spend time looking at (and it wouldn't be yet another plain charger with a vinyl roof)

All the pro-tourer cars will always get my attention, because they are individual. Time and effort goes into making it different to the one parked next to it. I also respect the true nuts and bolts restorations done but wouldn't spend a lot of time looking at them and/or ribbing them because they made it all original. Each to their own, you don't like it....move on and keep your mouth shut....
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Brock Samson

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 13, 2011, 10:55:41 PM
Quote from: Mrs.Caveman on March 13, 2011, 06:25:07 PM
off topic but Brock your signature is so funny :2thumbs:!

:iagree:

I even saved it LOL

I especially think it's funny cause I know a gal just like the blonde, and she's a total and complete train wreck, i've thought about IT sure,.. but she's like a whirlpool of trainwrecks made out of her co-dependant insecurities... everything she touches is turned to crap in no time at all...

WB General Lee

I like to see a full shot she may be putting on the weight drinking all that fried food and pop lol.

greenpigs

QuoteIf Clanton's car is the one in his avatar and it was at a show parked next to a well built GL, I know what car I would spend time looking at (and it wouldn't be yet another plain charger with a vinyl roof)

Huh?

So yet another GL that has the same body color,interior & rim selection is more unique?

Please, that's just stirring the pot and baiting people,like me, into keeping this thread going.

Most GL owners are Charger enthusiasts not attention whores, like some seem to be. If that ticks you off then you know what you are.
:Twocents:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

clanton

Quote from: Darkman on March 14, 2011, 07:03:20 PM
Quote from: Cooter on March 13, 2011, 09:32:28 PM

If Clanton's car is the one in his avatar and it was at a show parked next to a well built GL, I know what car I would spend time looking at (and it wouldn't be yet another plain charger with a vinyl roof)

All the pro-tourer cars will always get my attention, because they are individual. Time and effort goes into making it different to the one parked next to it. I also respect the true nuts and bolts restorations done but wouldn't spend a lot of time looking at them and/or ribbing them because they made it all original. Each to their own, you don't like it....move on and keep your mouth shut....

Naw, I wont keep my mouth shut....DodgeCharger.com Forum > Discussion Boards > Charger Discussion > General Lee - Love 'em hate em,.. or indifferent?..
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.