News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee - Love 'em hate em,.. or indifferent?..

Started by Brock Samson, February 19, 2011, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok: cast your votes.

Live and Breath DOH!!!! YEE HAWW!!
Love the show that's why I'm here.
They're OK I guess, to each their own.
Like them somewhat but don't see the fuss.
Think the DOH is pretty dumb.

Piston_Freddy

Max rim size:15"

DustinSimmonds

Ha, its time to listen to mother and not say anything at all!  :icon_smile_wink:

kaj

a GL is my sold purpose for trying to find a '69. love me or hate me, i grew up watching The Dukes of Hazzard. in fact.. that car is the reason i joined this site; needed advice on a '69 i was looking to buy. it turned out to be too rough.. but i'll find another one day. once i get my RN, it's on. i will build one.

so, you know where my vote goes. :)

jason

DustinSimmonds

Quote from: kaj on March 10, 2011, 03:26:31 PM
a GL is my sold purpose for trying to find a '69. love me or hate me, i grew up watching The Dukes of Hazzard. in fact.. that car is the reason i joined this site; needed advice on a '69 i was looking to buy. it turned out to be too rough.. but i'll find another one day. once i get my RN, it's on. i will build one.

jason
Well good luck! I hope you can find a nice one! :) When you start looking again ask some guys here on the site, i'm sure someone has a good connection!  :2thumbs:

Regardless this issue is never going to go away, so whats the point of continuing to argue about it time after time? It doesn't get anybody anywhere so why not move on and the enjoy chargers you like, General Lees or not.... 

G-man

Quote from: Back N Black on March 10, 2011, 10:38:42 AM
Quote from: G-man on March 10, 2011, 08:07:45 AM
I dont remember anyone saying the number one reason people love the car is solely due to Dukes of Hazard and thus if it didnt exist nobody would care.

As far as I remember the whole problem is, there are jerks that simply think a DOH car (which is totaly good in its own right, its oange with a number on the door... hey dont most nascar's have numbers?) is worth shit and not even worth looking at. So you get the few that will simply walk past it at a show thinking its shit hence no comment made (very arrogant in my opinion) and then you get the other half who instead of just being silent start making stupid ass comments aswell about it.

Then the worst part is the total DUMBASSES who go and paint anything and everything orange with a number on it which only fuels the other haters to hate it even more for what, cause its orange with a number? I guess these people must hate any racing NASCAR then to cause they all got a number on them and a lot of them are in bright colours like red/orange

So why dont we just start going around and saying garbage to people with DMCL chargers, Like, how gay with that stupid looking black stripe on the side painted in a colour that doesnt even work for a charger, or how about we just start bashing black chargers considering nobody knows how to be original so blacks the easiest way to go.

This whole thing is a bunch of dribble based on opinions of "i dont like this so its crap" yeah well, someone doesnt like your charger and would buy a Mustang over a dodge any day of the week, that means all dodges suck now and therefor we should start bashing them all?
FSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This whole thing start to end is a bunch of fertalizer with some decent posts in the middle of all the bad smell

Why get so work up over peoples opinion on the GL? I suggest you not paint your car orange or take it to car shows, seem to be a sore spot.

I like Orange and I like it to have a nascar theme, and number 1 has always been my number. Definately not building a GL but I will build a pro-touring orange charger with a number on the door to have a slight nascar theme. Will it be everybodies idea of cool? Probbably not otherwise everyone would do it, but nobody can go around saying its crap if its a flawless car. Ive seen many cars in weird colours like cream etc, definately would NEVER do anything even close to that myself but I appreciate the fct its 'different' and restored beautifully, so i still appreciate the car rather than "o well its crap cause I dont like cream".

And maybe the post was toomuch, i was writing late at night when I shoulda been leeping :misbehaving:

WB General Lee

The crasiest thing is I happened to be looking at a grade school diary and in in I wrote "me and my brothers come home from school and watch the Dukes of Hazzard. That was wild! I am a big fan of the wing cars so I think it's just a lover of B- body Mopars. It is intriguing to know that my cars were used on film. There is alot more to them. There were cars built for different scenes and they were modified for certain uses. One was a dirt driven car so it sits a certain way and geared a certain way. The other has reinforcement everywhere. A very strong roll cage and metal welded underneath the car and it has a higher stance so it's just cool to see how things are done in Hollywood. Same goes for the new Green Hornet, there were 29 cars built for different scenes.

clanton

Quote from: kaj on March 10, 2011, 03:26:31 PM

jason

Ebay is cram pack full of those things, check there, I am sure youll find 3 or 4 of them for sale right now.
Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

greenpigs

Quote from: 440 on March 10, 2011, 05:00:06 PM
Regardless this issue is never going to go away, so whats the point of continuing to argue about it time after time? It doesn't get anybody anywhere so why not move on and the enjoy chargers you like, General Lees or not.... 

It adds to my post count.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

nvrbdn

i think its because during the summer we are all friends, but coop us up in a house with no shows or swap meets and things start to happen. we start poking fun at each other and throwing like an internet food fight. when the weather is bad, pick on the red headed step child. :smilielol: it will end soon, but right now there is still a couple weeks of winter.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

tan top

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 10, 2011, 07:15:16 PM
i think its because during the summer we are all friends, but coop us up in a house with no shows or swap meets and things start to happen. we start poking fun at each other and throwing like an internet food fight. when the weather is bad, pick on the red headed step child. :smilielol: it will end soon, but right now there is still a couple weeks of winter.

cabin fever .....
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Richard Cranium

Quote from: aussiemuscle on March 08, 2011, 12:11:43 AM
Face it, if it wasn't for Dukes of Hazzard, my interest in dodge chargers would be about equal to any other american muscle car, instead top of my list.

Back in the day when the Dukes Of Hazard was in first runs, I was almost embarrassed to say that I owned a Charger; and I wasn't the only Charger owner to think that.
I am Dr. Remulac

Bobby41909

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 09, 2011, 10:39:37 AM
Well,.. actually it was some DOH fans on earlier threads saying that the charger wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is and how folks should thank them for popularizing the Second Gens,.. 

Although their has been another page worth of posts since all the responses to my comment.  Just to point out apparently this thread started for the reason above.  I've read all the responses..aka fast and furious...gone in 60 sec..etc....All I agreed with is "NEARLY as popular"....I don't see how you can disagree with that...sure it would be popular without the DOH same with 67 Mustangs (with our gone in 60 seconds).  But they ARE more popular because of those movies and that makes them more collectable.  Thats what most NON-CAR folks know (movies)...and sometimes those folks turn into CAR FOLKS....I know tons of them....finally got to a point in thier life where they could afford and have the time for the "classic car".....I keep seeing posts by guys who never owned a classic car but now have a 69 because they fell in love with it when they were a kid (not because they saw dad drive to church in it)  only some of them want to make it a General Lee out of it...

So I think you'll all agree...the GL helped make the 69 more popular especially today....Not the ONLY reason but it definetly helped....

20 years from now this will all be different.  The guys who drove these around in high school when they were new will be dead or in nursing homes....most owners then will be DOH fans yelling at all the younger guys taking 69's and making them 70's and painting them black with a blower sitting out the hood (Fast & Furious)...Ha-HA 

greenpigs

Quotemaking them 70's and painting them black with a blower sitting out the hood (Fast & Furious)...Ha-HA

I think you may be right about that one but I would also add Blade & Death Proof tribute cars. If it keeps Chargers on the road thats what matters most not what color they are.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

kamkuda

So I bought a 69 Charger about a week or 2 ago. I was just going to drive it for a while. A buddy of mine has been looking for one for a while to build a General Lee for the Family and his Daughter for graduation. So I sold to him.

Another General Lee is about to be built.  :popcrn:  I think it is great to build your dream car... and I get to take it for drives too  :2thumbs:

clanton

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Piston_Freddy

Max rim size:15"

Back N Black

Quote from: kamkuda on March 12, 2011, 05:49:35 PM
So I bought a 69 Charger about a week or 2 ago. I was just going to drive it for a while. A buddy of mine has been looking for one for a while to build a General Lee for the Family and his Daughter for graduation. So I sold to him.

Another General Lee is about to be built.  :popcrn:  I think it is great to build your dream car... and I get to take it for drives too  :2thumbs:

Man that's a nice car and color and it going to be painted orange, Nooooooooo!

magnum

Love them! Its still a 69 Charger just wheels and paint :Twocents:.
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

kamkuda

Quote from: Back N Black on March 12, 2011, 06:52:17 PM
Quote from: kamkuda on March 12, 2011, 05:49:35 PM

Another General Lee is about to be built.  :popcrn:  I think it is great to build your dream car... and I get to take it for drives too  :2thumbs:

Man that's a nice car and color and it going to be painted orange, Nooooooooo!

Quote from: clanton on March 12, 2011, 06:46:51 PM
Poor R/T..... :pity:
R/T is only a sticker, just different 01 stickers
Cars needs some work.  But a good 10 footer RT clone.  
He will fix it slowly and build his dream General Lee.  :yesnod: :coolgleamA:

clanton

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

clanton

I'm waiting for the whole Joe Dirt crowd to show up..... :brickwall:
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: clanton on March 12, 2011, 07:09:58 PM
I'm waiting for the whole Joe Dirt crowd to show up..... :brickwall:

Uh.... You'll find us over in the Aero Car section... :slap:

WB General Lee

I agree that if you take an RT SE triple Black Charger and make it a General Lee you are making a mistake but to take a 318 car needing some work I would be justified. Even Warner Brother rarely cut up a valuable Charger.

Mrs.Caveman

been following this thread and i think everyone should do whatever they want with their own car!they payed for it and that's it :nana:!!!i like the Doh that's what made me want a '69 charger!if there were no Doh then i would have not one right now!true i wouldnt paint mine orange but i thats just me!mine is gonna be black then turquise when i got bored of it!so now people could say im not original cuz an other black one but i love that colour :drool5:

Veronika,