News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee - Love 'em hate em,.. or indifferent?..

Started by Brock Samson, February 19, 2011, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok: cast your votes.

Live and Breath DOH!!!! YEE HAWW!!
Love the show that's why I'm here.
They're OK I guess, to each their own.
Like them somewhat but don't see the fuss.
Think the DOH is pretty dumb.

greenpigs

The above reminds me of when I first starting posting on the old site.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Brock Samson

Quote from: Cooter on March 04, 2011, 06:22:53 AM
I find it funny this GL thread lasted and the others went bye, bye...Hmmmm and for 13 Pages too...That's alotta haters..

a lot of folks don't care and didn't post or vote,.. just because you don't owna jenny lee don't make you a hater, lots of folks love the show, even say it's their fav. but don't own a general...  :shruggy:

WB General Lee

Well I own a General in fact two General Lees :icon_smile_big: Had both cars out yesterday for a photo shoot. Here are a few pictures.

BIGBLCK11

Quote from: WB General Lee on March 04, 2011, 11:37:36 AM
Well I own a General in fact two General Lees :icon_smile_big: Had both cars out yesterday for a photo shoot. Here are a few pictures.

:2thumbs:

WB General Lee

The only thing missing was her :flame: She would have been cold at 30 degrees :-\

Brock Samson

maybe you should've asked her?..  :shruggy:

WB General Lee

Thanks. Thats nice too! Here are a couple more just for the heck of it.

Nacho-RT74

interesting the fact of the two diff orange shades!

side by side, which one would you consider the "more correct" ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Bobby41909

Quote from: WB General Lee on March 04, 2011, 01:44:49 PM
The only thing missing was her :flame: She would have been cold at 30 degrees :-\

She'd be good at any temp..... :2thumbs:

Cooter

They are both correct, as the color changed on the cars around season 6 or so, as did the graphics..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Nacho-RT74

Talking about graphics, I allways thought ( before get in to the net when searching info  )the General lee font was this:

then realized ( by vendors and lot of cars around ) it was this:

Am I wrong and never used the TV tittles Fonts for the General Lee text on roof ? or it was used sometime allong the series ?

what graphics did change ?

( BTW, I likes more the lighter orange shade for "correctness". I think that was the first stage... right ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

WB General Lee

The darker shade would be the original. This is the exact color because it was bought right from Warner Brothers set. The other car is a little lighter shade but I have seen this with movie cars. The lighter car was bought from an individual with paperwork.

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: the space between the R and the L are too far apart...  :shruggy:

WB General Lee

Good eye. They did a video shoot for Mopar TV coming out this month. Its a segment called whats in your garage.

JT01

The graphics changed during the series a little the biggest change was the General Lee text I have the Georgia early California style on mine                                                                                                                     

Brock Samson

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 05, 2011, 12:51:11 PM
:scratchchin: the space between the R and the L are too far apart...  :shruggy:
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 05, 2011, 10:33:41 AM
Talking about graphics, I allways thought ( before get in to the net when searching info  )the General lee font was this:

Am I wrong and never used the TV tittles Fonts for the General Lee text on roof ? or it was used sometime allong the series ?

( BTW, I likes more the lighter orange shade for "correctness". I think that was the first stage... right ?

:P Oh, Well that's a relief,.. I thought his middle name was Al...  :shruggy:

G-man

JT that looks like Gene Ral Lee... what a cool name. :lol:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 05, 2011, 10:33:41 AM

The show title text script format heading style was never used for the roof text format style at all. The title text style is I think called Hobo style. The roof text on the charger is a more of Blocking text.   

aussiemuscle

Face it, if it wasn't for Dukes of Hazzard, my interest in dodge chargers would be about equal to any other american muscle car, instead top of my list.

WB General Lee

The craziest thing is I bought a second General Lee thinking if I sold the one I own that I would still have one because I want to keep one forever and now I am having a hard time parting with one  :brickwall:

jaak

There is an episode with Coy/Vance, don't know which one, but I have seen a screen snap online of it, where 'GENERAL' was misspelled on the drivers side, I think it was 'GENEREAL' or 'GERNERAL', something like that, just remembered it had an extra letter in it.

Jason