News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee - Love 'em hate em,.. or indifferent?..

Started by Brock Samson, February 19, 2011, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok: cast your votes.

Live and Breath DOH!!!! YEE HAWW!!
Love the show that's why I'm here.
They're OK I guess, to each their own.
Like them somewhat but don't see the fuss.
Think the DOH is pretty dumb.

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

G-man

Quote from: Piston_Freddy on February 28, 2011, 10:46:40 PM
Quote from: Cooter on February 28, 2011, 10:37:07 PM
Actually, it was 1971...Any "Real" VP movie buff knows that?  ;)
Yes, but does every movie buff knows that the first "The Fast and the Furious" movie came out in 1955?! :nana: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046969/ 

WOW! I didn't know that. Cool. Looks like I better watch the real deal then the new FAF will become no good. (USually to me all remakes suck next to the original).

But I like the comment made... Some want a tripple black charger nomatter howmany there are and bullit and whatever, and some want the DOH nomatter howmany there are. That was well put.

Mike DC

The 1955 Fast & Furious movie didn't lend anything to the modern series other than the title.  No plot relation. 

The 2001 F&F movie was largely a remake of "Point Break."

G-man

wasn't point break the bank robbers that surf and at the end the guy chucked his police badge in water when he saw that guy got on his last HUGE wave?

Btw Mike - Thanks to you, I own a charger not a challenger anymore. You were last call I made before deciding.  :cheers:

Mike DC

QuoteBtw Mike - Thanks to you, I own a charger not a challenger anymore. You were last call I made before deciding.  cheers

Umm .  .  . thanks, but I think you might have me confused with a different guy named Mike.   :scratchchin:

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: G-man on February 25, 2011, 03:07:13 AM
I dont see how that paint scheme makes the charger look bad, it looks awesome. You know why I want an Orange 01 car (not a GL)? Because to me that paint scheme just looks good. Race like and yet tough at the same time.

even with a chicken head and tail!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XKhRx3udxk
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Darkman

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on February 25, 2011, 10:23:20 AM
Maybe we can start a thread and take a poll on the way someone else built their car and see how that goes. Will it get this ugly probably not, but I am sure not every will like it.

Kind of reminds me about the flak I copped when I said I was converting my 68 to Right Hand Drive........maybe I will convert it and make a GL.....wouldn't that make a great thread!

I love the look of the GL, would I own one? maybe but not as a daily driver

I love the Charger period! That is why I have one. I am converting it to RHD to be a DAILY DRIVER....not a trailer queen that will only see certain days.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

G-man

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 01, 2011, 09:20:27 AM
QuoteBtw Mike - Thanks to you, I own a charger not a challenger anymore. You were last call I made before deciding.  cheers

Umm .  .  . thanks, but I think you might have me confused with a different guy named Mike.   :scratchchin:

Don't you own the Black Daytona Clone and the black 68 Pro-touring 'cake the distance' charger?

For some reason I always thought you and the other name was '2 user' names on here and wondered why sometimes you post with one and other times with the other...  :lol:@me

Brock Samson

Quote from: G-man on March 01, 2011, 05:37:23 PM

Don't you own the Black Daytona Clone and the black 68 Pro-touring 'cake the distance' charger?

For some reason I always thought you and the other name was '2 user' names on here and wondered why sometimes you post with one and other times with the other...  :lol:@me

the MIKE guy you'r thinking of is Mr. Angry....

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 02, 2011, 01:36:48 PM

aka NYCMILLE ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

G-man

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 02, 2011, 03:35:50 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on March 02, 2011, 01:36:48 PM

aka NYCMILLE ;)

Ever since I joined the board about 24 months ago or something, I thought they were the same person, glad its cleard up NOW rather than who knows when.  :slap:

Kern Dog

I like seeing GL tribute cars, but I prefer that they stay true to the way that the cars appeared on the TV show. Yeah, I know that in the first few seasons they used some 68s and 70s with 69 grilles. The Cale Yarborough episode had scenes with a 689 where the round side marker lights were simply painted over.
I was in Columbus ohio for the Mopar Nats in 2004, the year of the Charger. I counted, and this was completely UNscientific, 224 Chargers at the show. There were at least 18-20 General Lee tributes including some 68s, a few 70s and more than one 3rd gen model. No biggie, really, as it was all just a bunch of people having a good time with a hobby thats better than skinning cats or pushing old ladies down stairs for her social security checks.

JT01

There was no 70s ever used on the show just 68s and 69s

Kern Dog

Keep believing that. Add a 69 clip to a 70, shave the side markers and who can tell the difference?

greenpigs

I think he means 71-74 & if not then I agree as you can bet they used some 70 models.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Mike DC

The policy of the old TV crew was to stay away from 1970 Chargers because there were too many panels to change.  The front clips were the kinds of parts that they needed so badly all the time.  

If you had offered to sell them a cheap '70 Charger that was already wearing a swapped a '68/69 front end then they would have been open to using it.  But they weren't surfing classifieds looking at 1970 Chargers as a habit.  It just wasn't that hard to find 68/69s in those days.  

Warner Bros did convert some 1970 Chargers to look like 1969s for the 2005 movie.  

nvrbdn

i was in branson mo. and went to a museum there and they had the third rock from the sun car there (which was one of the greatest shows ever made) but then there it was, a general with that 1970 bumper on it.if the museum sign was believed in, then they thought they had the real thing. i turned to the wife and said its just all wrong. she even pointed out all the mistakes including interior. :rotz: love my 70 front end, but not on a gl
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

nvrbdn

then you will just have to poll something else :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Richard Cranium

I am Dr. Remulac

Kern Dog

Another thing that I find annoying is that so many Chargers I see for sale are made into GL clones. The Dukes is actually my all time favorite show, but enough already. I liked the 68 from Bullitt. Thats another subject though. I know I cant be the only one that thinks that even as good as the chase scenes in Bullitt were, It is highly overrated.  Its always at the top of the list of best all time movie chases, but the downhill portion with 3 or 10 green VWs and 6 hubcaps being lost sorta bugged me. I liked Dirty mary, Vanishing point and others even more.

troutstreamnm

2008 SRT-08 Challenger
1971 GA4 Challenger
1970 FK5 Charger 500

Nacho-RT74

Cooter

I find it funny this GL thread lasted and the others went bye, bye...Hmmmm and for 13 Pages too...That's alotta haters..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Richard Cranium

Quote from: Cooter on March 04, 2011, 06:22:53 AM
..That's alotta haters.

One could also say....That's a lotta General Lee yahoos. It all depends on your perspective.  :lol:
I am Dr. Remulac