News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee - Love 'em hate em,.. or indifferent?..

Started by Brock Samson, February 19, 2011, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok: cast your votes.

Live and Breath DOH!!!! YEE HAWW!!
Love the show that's why I'm here.
They're OK I guess, to each their own.
Like them somewhat but don't see the fuss.
Think the DOH is pretty dumb.

Patronus

Were I to have been more successful in my life, I believe my destiny would lie in purchasing General Lee clones and repaint. Thereby slowly removing them from the face of the Earth.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Brock Samson

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Ghoste on February 25, 2011, 07:47:25 AM
If I take away the GL thing, the movie, all of it and just look at the car alone, I would like it IF you got rid of the grotesque looking push bar on the front, the out of place looking van wheels, stripped off the tacky number on the door (can't see the flag in that picture).  I would like it then

HeavyFuel

Wouldn't life be boring if we all liked the same things? :shruggy: 

To answer the original question.......I don't care too much for the GL, kinda cartoonish, not my style (if I had any style   :icon_smile_big:).

In my book you could take the most boring color Charger, if it's a nice car, and it would beat the look of the best GL I've seen. 

Raquel Welch vs. Pam Anderson.............both beautiful, but in much different ways.

G-man

Ghoste- Whats wrong with the Vector SE wheels? I think they look pretty good. Seen them on red chargers that are not GL and they seem to suit just fine. Perhaps it could do without that front bar...

But I know exactly what the problem is and why this thread started... they DONT own a GL, everyone at car shows asks if their going to make their car a GL which costs alot of money etc so lets feel better about not having one by asking if others agree that we dont need them?
:leaving:

greenpigs

Quote from: G-man on February 26, 2011, 02:12:49 AM
Ghoste- Whats wrong with the Vector SE wheels? I think they look pretty good. Seen them on red chargers that are not GL and they seem to suit just fine. Perhaps it could do without that front bar...

But I know exactly what the problem is and why this thread started... they DONT own a GL, everyone at car shows asks if their going to make their car a GL which costs alot of money etc so lets feel better about not having one by asking if others agree that we dont need them?

:smilielol:

Of couse its those stickers that keep me from having a GL cookie cutter, ya nailed it.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Mike DC

I wonder how the rest of the Charger community might feel if DOH ever got a more legit movie or TV series.  One with good writing & character development, they didn't wreck quite as many Chargers, etc.  The original show had charm & action but it has always been viewed as a cheesy throwaway franchise in the big picture.  And now the modern sequels have managed to set the bar even lower.  

I mean, how many Charger owners resent people making "Bullitt" comments? 

suntech

We can love or hate the GL / DOH till we turn blue (or orange ;D) all of us, but there is no doubt that DOH has created a bigger group of people of people that actually pay attention to our cars. We can of course bitch about all the cars that got wrecked, and that the bigger interrest for the cars has raised the prices on them, so if you dont have one, you need deeper pockets to get one.......

IMO it is nice that people appreciate our cars, regardless of how they learned about them  :Twocents:

About GL versus Bullit comments .............i guess it is better for our ego to be compared to a "bad boy" image instead of a "C actor" image!!hehe
I am not a big fan of the DOH or GL, but i dont care if it was bad acting of script or whatever.....to me the series (and movie) was about the car......a car that i am a big fan of....even when painted orange  :D

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Brock Samson

Ghoste

Quote from: G-man on February 26, 2011, 02:12:49 AM

There's nothing wrong with them... FOR YOU.  I don't like them for me.  Since I find a lot most discourse between you and I to have been quite a bit more useful I am convinced that you're just trolling.  Which begs the question, do I reverse troll or just ignore?  Reverse trolling seems a stupid waste of my time but on the other hand it is a snowy Saturday in The Great White North and I have nothing else to do.  Nah, I think first I'll go clean the lint hair from my belly button.

Oh, and the reason the Bullitt Charger doesn't get ridiculed is because the producers were satisfied just to leave the cars stock cool alone, they didn't see a bizarre need to goober it up into some sort comical caricature of a hillbilly hot rod. :nana:
  (oh come on, it's clear now that anyone still in this is just doing it for laughs-lighten up :lol: )

skip68

Whatcha gonna do with that lint hair ??? ?.  Lol...
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

Knit a Daisy wig so when I build my Dixie Jeep clone this summer I can look the part. :lol:

skip68

Hahahahahahahaha.  Wash it first to get the bugs out and the smell.   Pics please !
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

Yeah, I regretted that the second I hit post. :smilielol:
If I get drunk enough I know now what I have to wear to the 1st Annual DodgeCharger.com costume ball.

Ghoste

jb666

You guys have some serious issues. Can we be serious, please?

Richard Cranium

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 26, 2011, 04:08:09 AM

I wonder how the rest of the Charger community might feel if DOH ever got a more legit movie or TV series.  One with good writing & character development, they didn't wreck quite as many Chargers, etc.  The original show had charm & action but it has always been viewed as a cheesy throwaway franchise in the big picture.  And now the modern sequels have managed to set the bar even lower.  

I mean, how many Charger owners resent people making "Bullitt" comments? 

A serious Dukes of Hazard series/movie? That would sink faster than the Titanic.
I am Dr. Remulac

KSChrgr68

The general lee version makes the 69 the most popular of chargers, but im not in awe of 69.. to me the 68 embodies the look of MEAN, round beady taillights, dark menacing grille.  ya.. 68 for me  :icon_smile_big:

I got my dreamcar in 2010

Mike DC

QuoteA serious Dukes of Hazard series/movie? That would sink faster than the Titanic.

10 years ago nobody thought it would be feasible to make a "Batman" movie that felt very realistic and watchable for adults.  But the recent couple of Christian Bale movies have pulled it off surprisingly well.  They've kept all the major elements that make it a comic book franchise but the adult part of your brain can suspend disbelief long enough to sit through it.  It doesn't match what every generation & audience member wants from "Batman" but the raw success of the current series is undeniable.   

I think DOH could be done in a more watchable form.  So far the franchise has never been given half a chance at realism & drama in all the decades it has existed.

kikgas01

Quote from: WB General Lee on February 22, 2011, 01:25:26 PM

I really got screwed not even a year ago. I found this car. Its the original Daisey Road Runner! The guy was getting me the documentation we talked several times and then one day he called and told me he traded the car for a Nascar truck :flame: :RantExplode: :smilielol: I was shocked because the price he wanted was $6200. That is what he had in the car. It would have been cool next to the General.

HERE is the "real Daisy car" AFTER it went over the cliff on the Dukes. To say there is a real one? Someone has a great tale to tell!

Ghoste

That's nasty.  Lucky thing Daisy got out just in the nick of time.  She did get out right?

kikgas01

I`m not saying anything good or bad about anything. Just posting pics. I don`t post much here, I just lurk for obvious reasons. :whistling: