News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carlisle Shows Moving

Started by chargerboy69, February 21, 2011, 09:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

I did not know if anyone heard about all Carlisle shows moving from the fairgrounds to a different location.

Here was what I have been told.  I was told organizers of the Carlisle shows have been in touch with Auctions America by RM to possibly host the Carlisle shows at there facilities in Auburn Indiana.  I was told the Carlisle fairgrounds were being sold, and they were looking for a alternate site to host the shows.

This information came from a close friend who sits on the Auburn city council who is quite involved with the happenings at the auction grounds in Auburn.  I am not stating this as fact, just trying to see if anyone else has heard these rumors.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

resq302

I hope not.  Carlisle is a far enough drive for me.  Can't justify driving all the way to Indiana just for a car show.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

71ChallengeHer

I don't see how that's possible, since Carlisle Productions owns the fairgrounds. What your hearing, I'm guessing ..........  :scratchchin:   Maybe they are moving the Car Auction ?  Or the are opening up another car auction ?  I really don't believe they are moving the show. They just applied for their beer license. And they bought property for more parking too.

BrianShaughnessy

Read the press release.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/contact/pressview.asp?PRDetailkey=336

It appears Carlisle is going to help RM run some cars shows at their site,  and in return,  RM will totally ph8ckup some auctions at the Carlisle site.

QuoteFor Immediate Release

The Collector Car Hobby Is About To Change . . .

Carlisle Events and Auctions America by RM Join Forces

Thursday, January 20, 2011

SCOTTSDALE, AZ (January 20, 2011) – Auctions America by RM and Carlisle Events have announced that they have entered into a joint marketing and corporate cooperation agreement beginning this year. The two companies, with their combined 70 years of experience in the collector car hobby, will leverage each others' core competencies to stage co-branded events.

Carlisle Events, one of the world's largest presenters of collector car, truck and motorcycle entertainment, will exclusively present the swap meet and car corral components at the annual Spring and Fall Auctions America by RM events held at the Auburn Auction Park in Auburn, Indiana.

Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America by RM stated, "We are absolutely thrilled to be joining forces with such a professional organization as Carlisle. The addition of Carlisle Events to Auctions America's Auburn events simply makes good business sense and is a positive development for the northeast Indiana economy."
In addition, Auctions America by RM, backed by the world's largest collector car auction house, will host the two scheduled collector car auctions held annually at the Carlisle Expo Center in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.

"The Miller families being an integral part of the collector car hobby for the past 37 years see this as an incredible and exciting opportunity not only for those conducting business within the hobby but for the automotive enthusiast who attends events." Bill Miller III, partner of Carlisle Events continues, "The combination of core talents between our organizations will create a single venue on specific weekends that will be a must-attend for anyone in the hobby."

Lance Miller, partner of Carlisle Events added, "From our first meeting with Auctions America by RM, I knew we had a strong synergy going. The more our teams worked together, the more excited everyone became with how successful this relationship will be for everyone involved. Please come see for yourself by visiting us in Carlisle, PA and Auburn, IN."

Together Carlisle Events and Auctions America by RM will enhance the collector car hobby by providing automotive enthusiasts and their families with an unmatched event experience and level of service.

2011 Carlisle Events / Auctions America by RM Co-branded Event Schedule:

• Spring Carlisle Auction: April 28 – 29
• Auburn Spring: May 12 – 15 (new date)
• Auburn Fall: September 1 – 4
• Fall Carlisle Auction: September 29 – 30

About Auctions America by RM
Auctions America by RM was formed in July 2010 as a subsidiary of the world's largest collector car auction house, RM Auctions. It is headquartered in Auburn, Indiana at its 235-acre Auburn Auction Park and will host five multi-day events in 2011. The Auctions America by RM team, led by collector car expert Donnie Gould, specializes in American classics, Detroit muscle, hot rods, customs, and vintage motorcycles. Information about Auctions America by RM and RM Auctions is available to consumers via the Internet at www.AuctionsAmerica.com and www.RMAuctions.com.

About Carlisle Events
Carlisle Events, host of 10 annual collector car, truck and motorcycle events, attracts more than half a million people to its 150-acre facility in Carlisle, Pennsylvania each year. Included in the annual events schedule are two automotive swap meets and auctions –Spring and Fall – and individual specialty shows featuring Corvettes, Fords, GMs, Chryslers, trucks, motorcycles, sport compacts and imports. Founded in 1974 by friends Bill Miller and Chip Miller, the "Cars at Carlisle" events attract automotive enthusiasts from around the world. Information about Carlisle Events and Carlisle Auctions is available to consumers via the Internet at www.CarlisleEvents.com and www.CarlisleAuctions.com.

# # #

Journalist note: Information about Carlisle Events, its event listings, auction offerings and the Carlisle Expo Center is available to journalists by phone:

Chris Hann
Director of Creative Services & Technology
717-243-7855 ext. 123
chrish@carlisleevents.com

# # #
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

chargerboy69

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on February 21, 2011, 10:11:54 AM
I don't see how that's possible, since Carlisle Productions owns the fairgrounds. What you hearing, I'm guessing ..........  :scratchchin:   Maybe they are moving the Car Auction ?  Or the are opening up another car auction ?  I really don't believe they are moving the show. They just applied for their beer license. And the bought property for more parking too.

My friend in the Auburn city council heard the fairgrounds were being sold to either the state or federal government, I could not get a answer which one wanted the property.  But I did hear the property was going to have to be given up. And I got the impression it was not by choice. Who knows.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Aero426

As I see it they are simply leveraging the Carlisle brand name and management to host the car show and swap portion of the events that Kruse used to put on in Auburn.    It should have nothing to do with the existing events in Pennsylvania.    

Nacho-RT74

if Carlisle events moves due the fairground being sold, wouldn't be Carlisle anymore... don't you think ? unless you move the complete city CALLED CARLISLE :P

Or build another Carlisle City LOL
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ghoste

As an insider, this is what is happening.  Carlisle try to run an auction at some of their events and we try to run a car corral swap meet at some of our events.  Auction is not their forte and swap meet isn't ours so by having RM take care of the auction at two of their swap meets and them take care of the swap meet at two of our auctions each group is able to use the others expertise to better the other part of the event without stepping on one anothers toes as it were.
Kruse has nothing do with any of it whatsoever except for formerly owning the property where we host the events in Auburn now.

Troy

Carlisle is not just one car show (Mopar fans must only think of themselves!). Carlisle puts on at least a show per month - sometimes multiples. Altogether there are 12 from the end of April to the beginning of October. I don't go for the swap meet any way (and never to an auction) so the deal doesn't matter one bit to me.

I would actually be happy if it moved to Indiana as it would be one more big show that I'm close to (and I could even enjoy some of the others). However, it wouldn't be "Carlisle" then.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

41husk

I agree with Troy, this is good news for us in the midwest.  We have been up in the air with the selling of Gateway race track near StLouis, about the future of Monster Mopar and rumors of its moving or demise all together.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

ODZKing

It's auctions.  They're adding auctions to Indiana.  Everything else is business as usual.

Ghoste

Actually we're adding one auction to Indiana and taking over two for Pennsylvania.  Carlisle aren't adding anything, they are taking over the two swap meets that will be in Indiana.
It's all spelled out in the press release (which I admittedly just read myself for the first time about ten minutes ago).

Chris G.

Quote from: Ghoste on February 21, 2011, 10:39:34 AM
Auction is not their forte and swap meet isn't ours so by having RM take care of the auction at two of their swap meets and them take care of the swap meet at two of our auctions each group is able to use the others expertise to better the other part of the event without stepping on one anothers toes as it were.

That pretty much sums it up. I heard something along those lines from Ed B. last month.

Ed and his crew will be going out to "produce" their swaps and RM will help "produce" auction at two of the Carlisle shows...or something like that.

Carlisle isn't going anywhere. They are getting a beer license and just bought the huge factory across the street.

Brads70

Quote from: resq302 on February 21, 2011, 09:47:29 AM
I hope not.  Carlisle is a far enough drive for me.  Can't justify driving all the way to Indiana just for a car show.

I agree! Carlisle is perfect for me as my inlaws live only an 1 1/2 hours away. So the wife and kids visit the inlaws and I have a blast at Carlisle. If they moved I can't see me going to Indiana? Glad to hear they are staying put! :2thumbs:

BlueSS454

I can add this in...The ACA (American Camaro Association) pulled the Camaro Nationals event part of GM Carlisle out and have moved it to the Frederick Fairgrounds in Frederick, MD..on the same weekend.  That show is probably going to crumble into the ground within the next couple years.  The Camaros made up 85% of that event.  The Chevelle attendance is slim to none since they are all at our Mid Atlantic Chevelle Show in Maryland which is that same weekend as well.  It didn't use to be but Carlisle moved their event to be on top of ours.  It hasn't had any effect.
Tom Rightler