News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1966 Charger street racer from Dayton Ohio..*** update**3-16 PICTURES!!

Started by greenpigs, February 18, 2011, 02:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

I have talked a little about an orange 1st gen that had cragars & ran without a hood back in the late 80's & I believe I found it.

http://www.carcraft.com/featuredvehicles/ccrp_9902_mike_egnors_1966_dodge_charger/index.html

It would be nice if he was a member here to chime in & post some old pics from back then. Car has been updated and is no stone, even back then I heard it ran low 12's but not sure if that was all motor or not.
 I could be off base and this is a different car or at least owner, anyone know Mike?

The reason for the pictures is I may want to build a "tribute" car as for whatever reason this car is constantly in the back of my mind. The price of 1st gens make it a possibility that I could build one up in a few years when the kids get a little older.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

ds440

I have seen this car as well. 

It had to be 10 years ago at Edgewater.  I remember seeing the car and thinking it was probably a 11 second car.....then he rolled through the traps at a 9.17.  My jaw hit the ground.  It has to be the same car because it was when Ohio plates had the county listed on them and his read 'Montgomery.'  I spoke with the guy briefly (seemed like a nice guy) and he seemed disappointed he ran a 9.17!!!  He showed me the engine....and all I remember was seeing giant Indy heads.  What impressed me the most was he drove it to the track...no trailer queen....and that's when I took note that he was from the Dayton area - which about an hour drive (via highway only) for those not familiar with SE Ohio.

Sadly I don't have any pictures of the car, I only saw it once and have never seen it again.....but it definitely made an impression.  10 years later and that car still stands out in my memory as one of the baddest street cars I've ever seen.
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

bobs66440

greenpigs

I did some searching and he is on Yellow Bullet as mrmike so I will contact him through that. However the post I found was from 2005 & I haven't checked his posts yet to see whats up. I will see if he will post some pics here even if the charger isn't the one I think it is.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Topher

He should also be a member of the 66-67charger yahoo group as well.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

greenpigs

Well I contacted him on YB & it is indeed the same car. :yesnod:

Plus he said he has some old pics he will scan soon & post. VERY cool of him to do this & not just blow me off.  I mentioned this site so I hope he posts the pictures here also or I will.

If anyone has a 1st gen CHEAP let me know. :icon_smile_big:

Now I just gotta get the wife to agree, married people will understand or the ones that don't sleep on the couch will.

When it happens plans are visually a copy of the car but with a pined hood & 67 SS scoop so I can run hoodless when the mood hits me.

Drivetrain will be a 500 with a small NOS plate system & Dana rear, nothing crazy but with your guys help it should run 11's on the motor
:2thumbs:

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

mrmike

Hello all! I am glad to have found this site, thanks greenpigs! I was asked to post some pics of my Charger the way it was back in the eighties, here are a few. These are the first shots I took of the car when I got it running with the first motor I ever built, I was 16!  The car has been through some major changes and has not been out in many years. I am working on this being the year of its return, I hope! Nice to meet you all, Mike Egnor.

Brock Samson

Very Nice!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  :2thumbs: Welcome! a first post with Pictures is the way to go! not enough first Gens around here either... Great Car for a 16 yr. old too...  :popcrn:

bobs66440

Wow! Awesome car!   :drool5: Nice stance!  :2thumbs: I agree, not enough 1st gens. Of course I'm a little partial... ::)

Welcome!

mrmike

Thanks guys! Here are a few later on pics.....

mrmike

This was my last Indy head motor before the change!

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

tan top

hello & welcome MrMike  :cheers:   awesome first generation you have there dude  :yesnod: :drool5:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

greenpigs

Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on March 16, 2011, 05:49:34 PM
YES! Welcome!! Nice ride!! What changes are you doing to it now? :2thumbs:

BIG motor & a turbo!

That's about how I remember it, cept I think it had taller front runners & a K&N filter with a nitrous setup visible.

How about a progression of the ET of your Charger as the years went by?

Thanks so much for the pictures & I hope you frequent this site often.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Roger 68 charger

68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

mrmike

Quote from: greenpigs on March 16, 2011, 06:22:02 PM

BIG motor & a turbo!

That's about how I remember it, cept I think it had taller front runners & a K&N filter with a nitrous setup visible.

How about a progression of the ET of your Charger as the years went by?

Thanks so much for the pictures & I hope you frequent this site often.

Man do you have a great memory! I did run taller front tires and a tall K&N filter! I will look for some pics of it around then! I changed things so much around then!

mrmike

Well the 499ci Indy motor was a bad boy for the times, it made 846hp on motor with 450hp of spray on tap! Definitely put the stock block with alum main caps to the test! Now I have an EFI 509ci KB aluminum low deck block with B1-TS heads and an intercooled 106mm turbo! The car was stripped down to nothing and built from the ground up! I even found NOS fenders and quarters in factory wrappers! The car now has a Chrome Moly everything 25.2 chassis certified down to 6.0 up to 3200lbs. It now sits 53 inches to the bulge of the roof line with 33x10.5w tires on it. I am working hard to put a lot of stock interior stuff back in, kind of hard though with all those bars! Still has a lot of work to do but I am pushing to get it done this year!

mrmike

mrmike

mrmike

Just a few more....

grdprx

Bad ass!   :2thumbs:  I love the pictures from before, middle, and now!   :drool5:   :drool5:

Charger´69

That´s perfect 1gen!!!!  :2thumbs: :drool5: Those pictures makes me like first gen Chargers more and more all the time  :coolgleamA:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

68X426

Great thread greenpigs. :2thumbs: Welcome aboard Mike. Keep the stories coming :cheers:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow