News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Road Runner Kmember bolts

Started by Rajasthan77, February 17, 2011, 08:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rajasthan77

I have a 69 Road Runner with extensive rust and am just starting to put it back together. When I was going to put the K Member back on to the Frame tonight and I noticed 3 of the 4 bolts that suspend the k member from the frame have some thread wear (the first five or so threads have worn down), and I like to replace them all. So my question is this, do I need to get specific bolts for the K member, or can I goto a Hardware store and pick up some grade 8 bolts the same size and thread pattern and use them? I'm trying to avoid waiting to get them shipped to me. Will the hardware bolts be strong enough? Or did the factory use bolts that were even stronger than that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

maxwellwedge

I think Frank Badalson is selling original bolts - that is what I would use. I would also chase the threads in the frame rail before re-installing if the threads on your bolts are that messed up.

Rajasthan77

gtx6970

nothing at a hardware store is going to work.
K-frame bolts have a unique shoulder to locate the K-frame

maxwellwedge

Quote from: gtx6970 on February 18, 2011, 07:53:20 AM
nothing at a hardware store is going to work.
K-frame bolts have a unique shoulder to locate the K-frame

It would also appear that Bill is selling them as well!    :cheers: