News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you could have the job you wanted, what would it be and why?

Started by ChargerBill, January 03, 2006, 02:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerBill

I guess this thread could go one of two ways. Everyone could list their dream job (which may be completely unrealistic) or everyone could list a job they feel they are somewhat or almost qualiified for (which would be more realistic). I'm just curious what jobs people think are the better ones out there, why you would like that job...maybe even what you think you'd make $$$ wise doing that job.

• My DREAM job would be designing and/or building cars...probably make around $100K or more a year.

• Since I have a degree in Corporate Management and 3 units away from Business Admin degree and 20 years of design and marketing experience my ultimate REALITY job would be Creative Director for a large well known design/advertising firm...probably make around $150K to $200K or more.
Life is a highway...

Silver R/T

well I wouldnt mind doing something like American hotrod or something. Ive got auto body degree, like to work on cars. I havent worked in big shops though just a few aquintances and friends/family cars and of course mine, 100K a year is dream for me... if I could get 75K a year that would be great
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

ChargerBill

Life is a highway...

JimShine

I would like to be a production manager in a guitar factory. A company like Fender would be cool. These days they build Guild and Charvel/Jackson under the same roof. Lots of interesting guitars being made there everyday. No idea on pay, but I would take it no matter what it paid so long as I could pay my bills it would work for me.

Chryco Psycho

I would build a few engines & spend the rest of my days testing differnt can intake combos & publish the results , probably end up designing cams , heads & EFI systems & using the dyno to make it work

you tell me WHY???

Rocky

I'm 18 months away from sailing large ships across the oceans for a living.  There is nothing like being 3,000 miles from anything, and being in control of millions of dollars of machinery and cargo.  My best friend just got his lisence, and he is making 9K a month.  I will get 6 months of vacation a year too.  I couldn't imagine doing anything different.

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

1972Rallye

Full time daddy... I'd love nothing more than to spend all day at home playing and doing other silly stuff with my daughter. She's almost as weird as me now... :icon_smile_big:

4402tuff4u

Corporate airline pilot. Started off in school heading for commercial pilot with a two year degree in Aeronautical Engineering and pilot license, but the outlook for jobs was very poor for pilots in the mid 80's so I switched to Civil Engineering. Buddy of mine who stuck with it is Captain in United and making $ 125,000. But he did starve the first 12 years of his carreer and now with the cut backs, he's a bit worried.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

nh_mopar_fan

Professional sleeper.

I'd even put in as much OT as required.

Steve P.

I would just like to turn the clock back to when I could work.........
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

andy74

i would love to work for HOT ROD or MOPAR MUSCLE,and be a lottey winner.then i would like going to work,and shitty pay wouldnt bother me so much!

ramit

Quote from: 1972Rallye on January 03, 2006, 07:56:50 AM
Full time daddy... I'd love nothing more than to spend all day at home playing and doing other silly stuff with my daughter. She's almost as weird as me now... :icon_smile_big:

Believe me when I say being a full time dad is not all its cracked up to be.   I have been a stay at home dad for two years and I think I am going out of my mind.  Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but by the time the weekend comes I find any reason to get away from my family.

NYCMille

Wait until October of this year... I think everyone will be a little surprised...

Arthu®

It seems do-able to me, yet it might turn out to be unrealistic, I would have to work hard though.

As most likely I am going to the International Business School next year, going for the International Business and Management Studies. Which will make me a Bachelor in Business Administration, maybe after that my Masters. Anyway my dream job would be being an manager for either a US based International Company or a Dutch based company that ex-imports from the US. And climb my way up and maybe when I am in my 50's, it might even be possible (if I am still as flexible as today) to become a CEO of a larger company. Money would depend on how good I would be at what I do, you have managers that make around 80-150k a year. On the otherhand you have CEO's that make over 3,5 million a year.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

derailed

Quote from: ramit on January 03, 2006, 09:52:04 AM

Believe me when I say being a full time dad is not all its cracked up to be.     I have been a stay at home dad for two years and I think I am going out of my mind.   Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but by the time the weekend comes I find any reason to get away from my family.
:iagree:

TruckDriver

I got mine. Nothing like getting paid to drive around and see the crazy outside world :yesnod: Although, I wouldn't mind trying my hand at either a train enginer, computer programer or just winning the lottery ;)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General Ryan

Stunt driver!!!!

I just wish I could afford to take some of the pro schools and try to be able to make it happen.

Orange_Crush

Quote from: 68-70 Charger on January 03, 2006, 11:18:01 AM
It seems do-able to me, yet it might turn out to be unrealistic, I would have to work hard though.

As most likely I am going to the International Business School next year, going for the International Business and Management Studies. Which will make me a Bachelor in Business Administration, maybe after that my Masters. Anyway my dream job would be being an manager for either a US based International Company or a Dutch based company that ex-imports from the US. And climb my way up and maybe when I am in my 50's, it might even be possible (if I am still as flexible as today) to become a CEO of a larger company. Money would depend on how good I would be at what I do, you have managers that make around 80-150k a year. On the otherhand you have CEO's that make over 3,5 million a year.

Arthur

Heh heh Arthur...a big :thumbs: to you.

I remember when you were just a goofy, dorky 17-year-old kid who's greatest aspiration in life was to be a mechanic.   Good job!

By the way, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being a mechanic...its just that, at the time, Art wanted to be a mechanic...he just wasn't doing anything to achieve his goal...all he did was mope around and talk about how much his life sucked.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Orange_Crush

My dream job is no job at all.  I can't imagine doing anything for a living and actually enjoying my job.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

MoparUSAF

Pilot for FEDEX....over a 100,000 a year...flying boxes around...great work schedule!!

andy74

i forgot, a tester for the molson brewery would be okay,as long as i had a designated driver :drool5:

Blown70

Arthu®

Quote from: Orange_Crush on January 03, 2006, 11:52:22 AM
Heh heh Arthur...a big :thumbs: to you.

I remember when you were just a goofy, dorky 17-year-old kid who's greatest aspiration in life was to be a mechanic.   Good job!

By the way, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being a mechanic...its just that, at the time, Art wanted to be a mechanic...he just wasn't doing anything to achieve his goal...all he did was mope around and talk about how much his life sucked.

Thanks yeah I kinda saw the light... You know what did it for me, actually working as a mechanic. Was fun for a month or two than routine struck and that was it for me. I found out I enjoy working on cars as long as they are mine or something special. At least something good came out of it.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986