News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

original general lee on ebay.parts taken off. what is your opinion??

Started by police1, February 09, 2011, 09:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkman

DOH was not the reason why I bought a Charger. I have been a chrysler nut from the day my dad bought an Aussie valiant in 76. I wanted the Charger but never liked the Aussie Charger as much as the Dodge.

Honestly, the General Lee is responsible for A LOT of people WORLD WIDE knowing about the Charger (case in point: I told a friend I was buying a dodge Charger and received a blank look for a response. When I said it was the "General Lee" car, the lights switched on and he knew what I was talking about). Not as many people know or relate the Charger to Bullit and DMCL as they do to thhe DOH. I never heard of Bullit or DMCL until I came here, but knew about DOH (even had DOH colouring books as a kid)
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: CornDogsCharger on February 18, 2011, 10:15:06 PM

WB had 19 cars left over.  They sold 17 to The Dodge Charger Registry (Wayne Wooten) and kept two cars.  One was a close up car and the other was the sound stage car.  Lee 1 was found in GA (20).  #13 (the car mentioned in this thread) was found in North Carolina in the back yard of one of the stunt men (21).  And finally, 2 beat up Chargers that were used in the low budget movie "Gladiator" were found on a lot in California.  Both of these cars were former General Lees purchased from WB after the series was over.  (22 & 23).  There's your 23 TV series cars.  Theres no telling how many other cars might still be out there waiting to be found.

The TV series close up car that WB kept (when they sold the other 17) was repainted and used in "Forever Young" in the early 90's.  Then this car was repainted back into a GL and used in both '97 and '00 TV Reunion movies.  Two more cars were purchased for the TV Reunion movies, one of which I have... and John Schneider's General Lee was leased and used in the Reunions also.  So that makes 1 TV series car and 3 additional cars used for the Reunions. 

All of the TV Reunion cars, minus John's car, (3) was used again in the the '05 and '07 Dukes Movies.  25 additional Chargers were purchased for the 05/07 movies.  1 of the 25 cars was never painted/built and was only used for parts. 

So lets see...... 23 surviving TV series cars + 3 additional Reunion cars + 24 additional "used" 05/07 Movie cars = a grand total of 50 known surviving WB General Lees.

Justin
"CornDog"

Awesome info Thanks!! Amazing how many if you count them all are left over great!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI