News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Painting Spokes on Magnum Style Wheels

Started by Old Moparz, January 26, 2011, 10:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

I saw the problem someone had with the flat black paint coming off their new wheels & remembered what I did for a set of originals I have. If I recall, it was a friend's older brother who told me about this trick a long time ago when I had my first Charger in the early 80's.

Anyone wanting to respray their wheels & doesn't want to buy a masking kit, or spend a lot of time masking it off with tape, here's an idea that I've used with no trouble.....

Cover the 5 spokes with a light coat of thick grease. I spread it onto the areas that I don't want painted, then spray the paint. Sounds too simple? Well, it worked for me & when the paint was dry I wiped the grease off the chrome.   :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

twodko

Hi Bob,

Yeah, that was me and my issue with Wheel Vintiques. I bought 4 8x15's and 2 7x15's. The 7x15's have the flaky paint. The 8x15's seem to be holding up.......timewill tell. Thanks for the tip though.  :2thumbs:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bmoparmofo

Good tip, I will be doing that as soon as it warms up....thanks!  :cheers:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383