News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing a new headliner in a 69 Charger

Started by Dukeboy, February 10, 2011, 09:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dukeboy

How hard is this? Am I crazy to take this on myself? I've never done it. I'm not afraid of a little work, just afraid of either screwing something up or not getting it to be tight enough. Any input would really help.

Neal

HANDM

Just take your time, start at the front and work your way back. Really not that hard, but of course I've done four of them now, so they're easy for me :nana:  :smilielol:

resq302

I did mine and lets just say, it turned out ok but not good enough for my standards so I am having a professional do it.  The hardest part I had was around the C posts which is a major pain in the butt.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Dukeboy

HANDM,

What is the best way to keep it tight over the C posts?

Neal

resq302

Quote from: Dukeboy on February 15, 2011, 01:50:45 PM
HANDM,

What is the best way to keep it tight over the C posts?

Neal

Hire a professional!    :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

HANDM

I thought about gluing it, but just kept extra material there to have a bit to grab onto and pull at the winshiled and door sides,while at the same time installing the molding.
Cut and tucked the excess, worked, but would have been easier with help.

:popcrn: