News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bucket seat track pix

Started by ktneifert09, February 11, 2011, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktneifert09

Could somebody please post a shot of the underside of a bucket seat so I can see how far apart the seat tracks are. For some reason mu buckets aren't aligning with the holes in my new AMD floor. They're off like two inches. They came out of my charger but I cant remember if they were bolted in. My floor was a rusty pos. Thanks guys. Also, where's the best place to get replacement seat tracks?
Plans are useless; planning is indispensible.
Especially with an old car!

twodko

Heya,

Your avatar looks like a 68 yes? My 69 buckets bolted right through the floor. Did you replace both driver and passenger floor pans? If you had one of the old pans, as bad as they may have been, they might show where holes were. Are we talking 2" off front ot back or side to side? I can't recall if the seat track bolts are spaced evenly on the tracks or not. I would think the 68/69 pans are the same. A 68 owner will chime in here soon I hope. Seems to me if the 68/69 pans are they same and the holes in your new ones are that far off it would appear you were sent the wrong pans. Ugly thought but I don't know what else it could be.
On another note, aren't we having some miserable weather here in NorCal? Just awful.  ;D
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

ktneifert09

Yes it's a  68 the old pan was so bad that I couldn't and didn't save it. The two inches I'm talking about is the spread between the bolts from left to right. From front to back it's perfect. One side of the seat drops right in and the other side sits up on the pan with the holes about two inches away.  If someone could take a quick rough measurement just looking at your two seat tracks from bolt centerline to centerline that would give me a clue. I get 16 inches between floor holes and only 14 between seat track bolts. Thanks.

twodko

Good morning!
I went out and measured the bolt distance on my car.........approx 14.5 inches L to R. Hope this helps. Good luck and let me know what you find.

GreenMachine

My seat tracks measure about 14" side to side and 11" fore and aft. I have the AMD full pan in mine but am no where near the point of installing seats. I went out to the garage and took some pics.
  It looks like the outboard holes aren't drilled, you need to drill through the 2 short braces from the underside of the floor pan (where the earplugs are in the pic). On my floor pan, the inboard sides are drilled on the reinforcement panel but not on the pan itself. I noticed it's drilled 1" too short on the drivers side, but it's right on the passenger side.

Note: The 3 extra holes around the seat track holes on my old floor is from drilling out the spotwelds.

Pic 1: earplugs show where the holes will be.
Pic 2: Old floor pan
Pic 3: Seat track width measurement
Pic 4: Shows the 4 braces that the outer seat tracks bolt through.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

ktneifert09

Man thanks!  Now I get it. I've got to locAte and drill the outboard holes thanks everybody!

twodko

Interesting info GreenMachine. I would have thought all necessary holes would be there and not have to drill a few.  :2thumbs: