News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what is this?

Started by el dub, May 06, 2011, 10:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el dub

Don't know if the pics will come through but does anyone know this part.  It came off a 68 383 2 barrel non ac car.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Kern Dog

Uhhhhh.... Some sort of fuel line?

green69rt

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on May 06, 2011, 10:58:50 PM
Uhhhhh.... Some sort of fuel line?

Good guess, the right end is where a rubber hose is clamped on;  the left end looks like it was cut off of the rest of the line.  Maybe part of the fuel recirculation line??

green69rt

Quote from: terrible one on May 06, 2011, 11:08:37 PM
Looks like fuel pump to carb line.  :Twocents:

Just checked the old pic of my car and this looks almost exactly right.  At the fuel pump end there is a short length of fuel hose that runs to your metal line on the end that has the flange.  The end with no flange goes into the compression fitting on the carb.

el dub

Well thanks for that, I know one end, not the flange, wasn't hooked to anything, it is messed up with road dirt. I thought it was going out the bottom or the eng. compartment.

70rr 69ch

That looks like a vent line from your gas tank.on my runner it goes. From my tank into trunk and loops back under car that's why the one end is dirty :scratchchin:

el dub

I think your right 7069. Now if someone with an original 68 charger can post a pic of this.

70rr 69ch

Hi you may not need to use it I could be wrong but I think this vent is only on certain car.my California car has it but my Canadian car does not . :shruggy: