News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone ever used Moroso or SCE vc gaskets?

Started by WH23G3G, February 07, 2011, 06:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I'm still having trouble with the valve cover gasket on one side of my 73 400. So far I've never been able to get the valve cover gaskets to seal since I finished this motor a little less than a year ago. I got some much better oem valve covers. However, I used the MP red silicone gaskets and it was very hard to get the passenger side gasket and cover on with everything installed under the hood. I imagine there was some alignment issues eventhough I used studs instead of screws. It's leaking worse than the previous original warped covers and Mr. Gasket Ultra Seal gaskets. The driver's side which is a whole lot easier to get to seems to be fine. I need a gasket that doesn't move when you lay it down. The SCE Accuseal and Moroso Perm Align are the only ones I see like that. The tech at SCE says the Accuseal gaskets are too hard to compress with OEM valve covers. They told me to try the cork laminate they offered. I haven't tried the Moroso Perm-Align gaskets because they say at Summit they are only for Moroso valve covers. I'm just wondering if anyone here has used either of these valve cover gaskets on stock covers and had good results.