News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My (Now Not So) fairwell post

Started by dreamcatcher, February 07, 2011, 02:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamcatcher

Yeah...and while I am at it I can use the same old boring fat tire rims from the 70's with the same old blow out if you get over 60 mph tires...or better yet some wide white walls like grandpa had...... :icon_smile_wink: NO THANK YOU...you dont have to park by it.... ;D
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

LeeBoy

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 30, 2011, 10:42:01 AM
Now, get rid of those rims and your car won't try to kill itself again.  :yesnod:
One of the great things about our hobby is how we can personalize our rides to our liking.
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

dreamcatcher

I smell what your steppin in there  :lol: I think a little custom looks good on them...I might feel different if it were a museum piece that wasnt intended for the street..
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

moparstuart

keep up the great work don    :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

charge-it

Looking great!  :2thumbs: Any more progress to report? :popcrn:
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

dreamcatcher

I will post more updated pictures soon.I have the car almost finished again.I don't like the way it is coming out this time.It was a much nicer car first go around to me.But for now I want to get it done.It is all paint related issues with color matching as I just repainted the rear of the car.I made too many mistakes.I am happy to report I was able to fix the wing!With a little help we split the wing and replaced the metal bar inside and re-glassed it.Then gel-coated it.I think it would have been cheaper to replace it with all the time involved.But it came out pretty good.I have it up on my lift now and I am looking for the transmission issue that caused this all in the first place.Then back to the exhaust shop again.My exhaust man asked me to unload it next door this time.  :smilielol:

tan top

sounds like its going good   :coolgleamA:  , looking forward to seeing pictures As & when  :cheers: :2thumbs: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

aussiemuscle

Quote from: dreamcatcher on June 07, 2011, 07:33:23 AM
Then back to the exhaust shop again.My exhaust man asked me to unload it next door this time.  :smilielol:

just promise you'll get a cover note from your insurer BEFORE you take it to the exhaust shop. that will cover it until you get the full insurance sorted out.

Charger-Bodie

I will post more updated pictures soon.I have the car almost finished again.I don't like the way it is coming out this time.It was a much nicer car first go around to me.But for now I want to get it done.It is all paint related issues with color matching as I just repainted the rear of the car.I made too many mistakes.I am happy to report I was able to fix the wing!With a little help we split the wing and replaced the metal bar inside and re-glassed it.Then gel-coated it.I think it would have been cheaper to replace it with all the time involved.But it came out pretty good.I have it up on my lift now and I am looking for the transmission issue that caused this all in the first place.Then back to the exhaust shop again.My exhaust man asked me to unload it next door this time.  :smilielol:

I know you are kinda burnt out on it right now,but if it were me Id power thruogh it and make it right so that you can enjoy it instead of hate it because its wrong.  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

DC_1

Is it Base/Clear paint or single stage? Did you blend the colour into the non damaged panels or just mask off and panel paint what was damaged and repaired? I am surprised you are having such problems colour matching since it is not long after your first paint job. Did you get it mixed from the same supplier?

dreamcatcher

Base/clear I painted from the doors back(the whole rear clip).I got the paint from the same PPG supplier.But this paint color seems to be real touchy for some reason.I noticed the doors looked darker that the rest of the car when I painted it the first time around and yet was all painted the same day with the same paint.I think I will leave it alone for now.I first painted the car with windows out and doors off.I don't want to repaint because I hate tape lines on a car.So I guess in a year or so I will tear it all back down and paint the whole car again.But NO MORE PPG!!! I have not had very good luck with it the last few cars I have done.It always worked good before but something is different now.Thinking of switching to DuPont or something else and see how the other half lives  :hah:

dreamcatcher

Also wanted to know if anyone has ever had trouble getting their shifter adjusted?I found out mine was going into park enough to start but not locking into park.I bumped the linkage and it would go into reverse.If I adjust it so it locks into park like it should then it wont go into low gear with the shifter.No matter how I try it I either have one or the other.For now you can bet it is locking into park!  :flame:

moparstuart

Quote from: dreamcatcher on June 08, 2011, 01:54:15 PM
Also wanted to know if anyone has ever had trouble getting their shifter adjusted?I found out mine was going into park enough to start but not locking into park.I bumped the linkage and it would go into reverse.If I adjust it so it locks into park like it should then it wont go into low gear with the shifter.No matter how I try it I either have one or the other.For now you can bet it is locking into park!  :flame:
wouldnt let it bother u to badly when will u ever need low 

pettybird

Quote from: dreamcatcher on June 08, 2011, 01:54:15 PM

that's usually slop in the linkage. 

montana bird

I would wan't the low gear. When you got hp you want to use it. Trannys hold up better manual shift,  then put in drive. When getting hard on them.  We all like burning rubber. Built enough 727's  to show you sprag units.  :vert:

dreamcatcher

I had adjusted it all day it is tight enough it doesnt seem to have any slop.It just seems the shifter will not reach both ends of the shift pattern.Your short on one end or the other.I am not sure if I have all the right parts for this applacation.It was not in the car when I got it and I collected all the parts I needed along the way.  :brickwall:

Charger-Bodie

probably the the wrong arm right on the transmission.  :scratchchin:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

dreamcatcher

Are they different?I think this transmission is out of a car that had a column shifter.Didn't know there was a difference.Thanks  :scratchchin:

dreamcatcher

:hah: I might get closier on this thing yet! I got my exhaust on today and front end aligned as well...she never even went through any wall  :eek2: Pictures tomorrow for sure.I might even for the first time go around the block!!!  :icon_smile_wink:

randr

I'm Bored! what to do next......

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

nvrbdn

Quote from: dreamcatcher on June 14, 2011, 10:28:21 PM
:hah: I might get closier on this thing yet! I got my exhaust on today and front end aligned as well...she never even went through any wall  :eek2: Pictures tomorrow for sure.I might even for the first time go around the block!!!  :icon_smile_wink:

oh my gosh around the block????  this is starting to get scary :o be vewy vewy careful !!!! :o
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

dreamcatcher

Quote from: nvrbdn on June 15, 2011, 09:40:33 AM
Quote from: dreamcatcher on June 14, 2011, 10:28:21 PM

oh my gosh around the block????  this is starting to get scary :o be vewy vewy careful !!!! :o

Yes around the block...I learned along time ago dont take something that heavy farther than you feel like pushing it...till you know it is ok... :P

dreamcatcher

It made it around the block with no issues  :coolgleamA: and a bit farther as well...this bird will fly!I hope to go out take a good ride soon!  :yesnod: