News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My (Now Not So) fairwell post

Started by dreamcatcher, February 07, 2011, 02:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Quote from: thedodgeboys on February 08, 2011, 05:09:02 PM
Thats fixable  :cheers:

You might check with your trucks insurance company they may cover it as it was attached to your truck???

Thats what i was getting at in my earlier post.  Sometimes vehicles in tow are covered by the tow vehicles insurance.  I know my insurance company will cover the trailer and contents if anything were to happen while it was in tow.  Technically since it was not off the trailer yet and you were disconnecting it, it was still "in tow"
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

dreamcatcher

We did call them (our ins.)they said as soon as I stopped towing it it was not covered anymore.Not covered sitting on the trailer either...only while in tow.I wish it were that easy.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

charge-it

You spent in excess of 50K to build it, spend 5K to save it. That car is very repairable. Heal yourself and your ego then fix the car. People are reaching out to help you. Once your healed up and you just can't ever see fixing it there are more than one of us that will come down and pick it up and fix it for ourselves. Don't part it out.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

charge-it

Quote from: dreamcatcher on February 08, 2011, 08:38:17 PM
We did call them (our ins.)they said as soon as I stopped towing it it was not covered anymore.Not covered sitting on the trailer either...only while in tow.I wish it were that easy.
I'm not buying it. That means they way they are thinking everytime you were stopped at a redlight or stop sign the vehicle wasn't in tow and you weren't covered. I'd be working my way up the chain of command fighting that response. :Twocents:
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

oldcarnut

Quote from: dreamcatcher on February 08, 2011, 04:10:54 PM
Ladies and Gents I present Christine Bird!
I hope your able to get that gas drip leak taken care of soon.  A little static spark and Christine it is.  Hows the ole body feeling?

Tim L

I agree with the general trend here in this post. Don't let this kill your drive to finish that car.. Here's a source of inspiration for you;

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,44092.0.html

Fix it :cheers: ,  Tim.
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

dreamcatcher

OK I get the drift here...and after a few hours of my car nut wife (and best friend in the world) ragging on me to fix it as well (and she thinks it is the ugliest car in the world).But she knew what it really meant to me. I will just wait and think about it.Yes it was a dream or I would have never done it from the start.So I will let Christine sit in my shop and I wont cut the bitch up as of yet.Besides I can hardly walk right now anyway.I went over and got the car in my shop yesterday and both knees are so swollen now I cant even move lol.I really do think everyone here is among the best group around.And I've been in the car world for over 30 years running with clubs and car nuts.So that says a lot!The generosity is overwhelming.I don't know that I am skilled enough to do this.I have restored over 15+ cars in my life by myself.But never a wreck.Also I have never been in a situation where I couldn't pay for my projects.So I will contact each of you (should I decide to do this)And at least offer something for your valuable parts offered from your heart.I would rather trade for them than buy them.I do have a few extra items for other cars.I guess we can cross that bridge later if I go across it at all.If I do this I will talk to each of you who offered the parts personally.Once again thank you ALL for the very kind words and offers.
Very sincerely Don Zierke Stella,NE  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

ACUDANUT

I wonder if the Ford guys would be this nice ?  Heal up my friend can keep us posted. :2thumbs: :cheers:

dreamcatcher

Car people are ALL great...The ford group were great as well in my years with them(and I still love some fords)...but I dont know how you could top this group of people! :2thumbs:

DC_1

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 09, 2011, 08:45:40 AM
I wonder if the Ford guys would be this nice ?  Heal up my friend can keep us posted. :2thumbs: :cheers:

Naaa, Ford probably wouldn't be worth saving!  :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: dreamcatcher on February 09, 2011, 06:59:12 AM
OK I get the drift here...and after a few hours of my car nut wife (and best friend in the world) ragging on me to fix it as well (and she thinks it is the ugliest car in the world).But she knew what it really meant to me. I will just wait and think about it.Yes it was a dream or I would have never done it from the start.So I will let Christine sit in my shop and I wont cut the bitch up as of yet.Besides I can hardly walk right now anyway.I went over and got the car in my shop yesterday and both knees are so swollen now I cant even move lol.I really do think everyone here is among the best group around.And I've been in the car world for over 30 years running with clubs and car nuts.So that says a lot!The generosity is overwhelming.I don't know that I am skilled enough to do this.I have restored over 15+ cars in my life by myself.But never a wreck.Also I have never been in a situation where I couldn't pay for my projects.So I will contact each of you (should I decide to do this)And at least offer something for your valuable parts offered from your heart.I would rather trade for them than buy them.I do have a few extra items for other cars.I guess we can cross that bridge later if I go across it at all.If I do this I will talk to each of you who offered the parts personally.Once again thank you ALL for the very kind words and offers.
Very sincerely Don Zierke Stella,NE  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
My brother parted out a 70 road runner in 1977 and the white deck lid I have it from that cars.   I have no money in it , its all yours I dont need anything in trade .  If anything my payment will be seeing you fix the car .   I know how excited you where about building the car and getting it done  I wanna see it done and the smile on your face driving it .  

just pay it forward and help someone else down the line   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

Yep, just put it in the corner till ya feel better. :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

billssuperbird

what did you use for rear window molding. :2thumbs:

bobs66440

I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet but I would put insurance on it now (unless your homeowners' will cover it). You never know, you've already had a big loss. There's no point in losing more.  :Twocents:

Bobs69

Quote from: charge-it on February 08, 2011, 08:58:34 PM
Quote from: dreamcatcher on February 08, 2011, 08:38:17 PM
I'm not buying it. That means they way they are thinking everytime you were stopped at a redlight or stop sign the vehicle wasn't in tow and you weren't covered. I'd be working my way up the chain of command fighting that response. :Twocents:

GET A LAWYER!  YOU ARE IN THE USA RIGHT?  I SEE COMMERICIALS FOR LAWYERS ALL THE TIME, YOU AMERICANS LOVE TO SUE!

Too much money involved to go it yourself and take their word for it.

dreamcatcher

OK I will try to bring everyone up to date and answer to recent posts....The insurance company that has the truck on it called today and said at the very least some of the cost of the building will be covered not sure how much.The car how ever is not (I can accept that) They called this morning and asked me if the car was all the way unchained.I said NO I was undoing it from the frame of the car but it was unhooked from the trailer.They said that would work for some coverage for the building as long as it was not completely unchained. :shruggy: SB Bob I used a vinyl trim that I found that is very close to real SB trim in style.I will PM you the manufacture if I can find it.It was very inexpensive and looks great.Stuart your one in a million...and I have in the past passed it on to others and will in the future.Because I love car people as well as others.I don't care what it is if you love it and it is a car I am good with that.(I hate imports)Never owned one never will...As far as Americans loving to sue....that IS what is wrong with this country...I have had several chances to sue someone and the last time a lawyer even called ME to tell me to sue...I wont ...I wont do it just because I can...Wasn't raised that way ...and DONT believe in it.OK that brings me up to this afternoon...I felt better so wen t over and took a better look at the car.It will be a BIG project for me...It really will...I put a come along on the tail light panel and pulled it back and was pleased to get the trunk open.The trunk floor is bowed up...but the wing stabilizers are not too bad..Trunk floor is fixable...I got the bumper off to take a look at the gas tank and frame...Fixable but some work...probably a new gas tank for sure...a new tail light panel.The left side bumper bracket is toast..right side OK.The quarters both fixable but a lot of work with hammer and dolly...Not sure if I can do it ...but can be done....bumper toast of coarse.Trunk lid toast.Taillights both OK (cant believe that....)Back up lights OK...It some how pulled loose up by the window plug and there is a hole in the sheet metal by the drivers side where the rear quarter meets the roof..(the metal is torn)...I got sored up again and quit right there...The bigest thing is and My wonderful wife said she new this...I AM NO QUITER! I wont start for a while but I will fix Christine and ask her is THAT ALL YOU GOT!If I don't have to pay the full amount for the building I think I will make it OK!Stuart...I have wanted to meet you since I first found out you were close by.So at a later date I will drive down to get the trunk lid if you really want to let me have it.I had once before told a guy on here that does transmissions I would give him a couple I had that I think need rebuilt...His name was Jamey...If possible I will bring the transmissions down that way if he can come that far to get them.He gave me a lot of helpful advise.GOD bless each and everyone of you who helped me through a tuff time.

Cooter

Take the money you were/are gonna put into a lawyer to sue an insurance company that will drag this thing out for YEARS, and fix the car...

Oh and BTW: No car ever built didn't have at least some filler, be it lead(Which BTW, is harder to paint than body filler), or filler...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bobs66440

Glad to hear you want to repair it. I know it seems like a chore you don't want to tackle but in the end, when it's all said and done, it will be worth it and you'll be happy you did. One thing you DON"T want is to look back 5 years from now wishing you had fixed it. Or worse yet, see the guy you sold it to cruisin' past with it all fixed  :eek2:. THAT would be bad. Good luck with it....and buy some insurance for it.  :2thumbs:

WINGIN IT

Man, I can't imagine what you have been through,  I feel for you .
Not sure if I had anything I could help out with, but I got a couple of rear bumper brackets from a 70 GTX.
If they'll work for you, they are yours.

dreamcatcher

Very soon I will get a list and just see what is out there and go from there.I don't expect or want a free ride but will need to find some deals...I would have had insurance on the car...but my insurance company asked the value..when I told them they said that a clone type car needs to be appraised first because they cant just say OK your 70 plymouth that is not a real SB can be insured for 50000.00 because it needs to be appraised for an assessed value...I wanted to get the exhaust done so the car was complete first...MYBAD... :scratchchin:

BigBlockSam

put some insurance on it . even 10k . i have several project cars that are insured . even one with no motor . i have that one insured for  5k . at least it's something . i think i pay $60. a year for that car
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

dreamcatcher

I will do that.I didnt even know you could do that...I think I need to change insurance...I should rename my post...I'MM NOT GOING ANYWHERE!WAS JUST A LITTLE BUMMED ABOUT IT ALL.I have a long hystory with this car and most of it not so good...long story....for another day...We named her Christine...I walked into my shop this afternoon looked at her and said OK BITCH...IS THAT ALL YOU GOT! Nuff said! :flame:

Cooter

Just taked with "Christine", and she thinks you can rebuild her. "We'll make it better huh? They can't hurt us anymore. We'll show the world what we can do".."Ok, Show me".....
:cheers:

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

djcarguy

:2thumbs:  yea i also keep comp insurance on cars in garage and yard. most home owners will not cover cars even in your own garage. comp is fire theift and vanalisam,i have 0 deduct and it is like 30 ta 60 a year per car.  great ta hear a more up view of fixing this pretty wing car and all the best down the road..dj in oregon :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

resq302

I would talk to someone higher up at your insurance company.  I can't see why they would cover "part" of it since it was still chained up and not cover the entire thing.  Something does not sound right.  Almost seems like they want to get away with as little as possible.

As far as I am concerned the vehicle was still in tow since the trailer was still attached to the truck and the car was NOT off of the trailer.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto