News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My (Now Not So) fairwell post

Started by dreamcatcher, February 07, 2011, 02:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeBoy

Quote from: moparstuart on March 12, 2011, 07:23:55 PM
don came down today and got the deck lid , sounds like he has made a huge amount of progress on it already

Don needs a wing and janik wants like 2500.00 bucks for a fiberglass one ??    Please keep and eye out for don I told him he should be able to find a real one for that price .      THANKS
Look at that parts stash  :drool5:
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

dreamcatcher

OK I am not good at this but here goes.I want to put out a very special thank you to two very wonderful people.The one and only Moparstuart(Stuart Sutton)  and Charge-it(Mark Pepin).Car people have always been ( in my 35+ years of dealing in the hobby)the best people in the world!But these two people have gone a step above and beyound the call.They have helped me out of a bad situation by helping me with their rare and hard to get parts to fix my bird.I can not say what this kindness can mean.I always say there are still some very wonderful people in this word you just have to look and open your eyes and heart.OK enough with the mushey stuff  :lol: May GOD bless you and yours people..for he truely exhists through the good of people here on this earth.I only hope I can forward this good to someone else down the line in some way.I will share the coming back of Christine Bird with posts and pictures..and a lot of thank yous for the people who have offered words of support!
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

LeeBoy

My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

472 R/T SE

Right on Stu & Mark.   :thumbs:   :thumbs:  Thumb up for each of ya'.

jaak

Glad to see your repairing it!!! Kudos to Stu and Mark, also  :2thumbs:

Jason

bobs66440

It's always nice when good comes out out of bad! Nice job guys.  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

billssuperbird

moparstuart

I only wanted to see don riding around in his dream car , cant wait to see the car in person and at a show .  :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dreamcatcher

Well...I WAS all over that  :eek2: Thanks...I WILL have one..car wouldnt look right with out it  :scratchchin:.I have a little time.I keep finding little set backs.But I am moving forward...(I think)  :icon_smile_blackeye:
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

bobs66440

I would think that you could fabricate the top cross piece without too much trouble if you can find the uprights cheap enough.  :scratchchin:

dreamcatcher

I have tweaked the bent hinges several times.I now have a good ruff fit for the new trunk.

moparstuart

Looks and feels good to have the deck lid off one of my late brothers cars back in action . :2thumbs: :drool5:

dreamcatcher

I recieved the tail light panel from Mark yesterday.Now the fitting and tweaking begains.But I should start seeing progress soon.

dreamcatcher

For sale well used Superbird parts...reasonable...   :smilielol:

dreamcatcher

Quote from: moparstuart on March 16, 2011, 04:17:56 PM
Looks and feels good to have the deck lid off one of my late brothers cars back in action . :2thumbs: :drool5:
I promise to take better care of it!  :angel:

4cruzin

Glad to see progress being made . . . hope to see this car as a show sometime soon!    :cheers:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

charge-it

Don,
WOW!, you've made quite a bit pf progress. All I can say is what goes around comes around. I've recieved lots of help from my Mopar friends throughout the years. They donated parts, knowledge, time and labor to help me realize my dreams when building/restoring any of my cars. Well my friend, it's time for it to come around and I couldn't feel any better than knowing that tail panel will be put to good use. It can't always be about the money. For years I would think about wanting to sell that panel but just didn't want the hassle of packaging it up. Now I'm glad I didn't sell it and you know what? It wasn't that bad of a job packaging it up after all. In my heart I knew it was going to the right person. When your bird is finished you can give it the beating it deserves! All I can say is thank you for saying thank you, you've made me just as happy to help you as you are about getting the panel.  :cheers:
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

moparstuart

Quote from: charge-it on March 16, 2011, 06:26:57 PM
Don,
WOW!, you've made quite a bit pf progress. All I can say is what goes around comes around. I've recieved lots of help from my Mopar friends throughout the years. They donated parts, knowledge, time and labor to help me realize my dreams when building/restoring any of my cars. Well my friend, it's time for it to come around and I couldn't feel any better than knowing that tail panel will be put to good use. It can't always be about the money. For years I would think about wanting to sell that panel but just didn't want the hassle of packaging it up. Now I'm glad I didn't sell it and you know what? It wasn't that bad of a job packaging it up after all. In my heart I knew it was going to the right person. When your bird is finished you can give it the beating it deserves! All I can say is thank you for saying thank you, you've made me just as happy to help you as you are about getting the panel.  :cheers:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :2thumbs:

spoolinhard

can the rear wing be repaired? Doesnt look too bad.

dreamcatcher

I will look into fixing the wing.Problem would be getting it apart.It split in the middle.There is also a steel rod that runs through it.It is bent badly.This rod is inside a fiberglass square.Kind of made the wing around the steel.If I can get the wing to split into two equal parts and get the rod out and straighten it.I might be able to glass it back together.I will be looking at all options for sure but I think it would be very hard to repair.The uprights of the wing also split and cracked about 6 inches up on both sides.This I think could be repaired.  :rotz:

moparstuart

So Don have you found a rear bumper ? quarter ext ?  wing  ?   any other parts/ stuff you need to complete it .   :shruggy: