News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

door glass weatherstripping, and window attachment

Started by madmike, February 07, 2011, 08:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmike

I've got a '68 Charger, a roller basket case.  The doors were just shells.  I've gone through all my pieces parts, and have discovered I need a few things:  I need a drivers side door glass (tinted), drivers side wing window vent assembly (tinted, the whole thing), and a passenger side galvanized plate that sits just below the rear quarter window.  I also need the attaching hardware.  I don't know if anyone has those items, but I need them!  This is my first Charger, and I bought the car with a lot of missing pieces, so I don't always know what I need...

Both of my rear quarter windows are just the glass, with holes in them.  How do they attach to the metal hardware that allows them to move up and down?  It looks like a plastic rivet or plastic bolt would go in there...

On the vent window assemblies, there is a long track that the window glass rides in.  It looks like the tracks have a kind of 'slide' or maybe felt weatherstripping in.  What are those pieces, and where can I get them?

Inside the door shells, at the vertical rear edge of the door inside, is another track for the window to go up and down in.  It looks like that track should have some kind of 'slide' or weather stripping in it too.  Where can I get them?

Thanks for any help (or part leads) that you can provide!
Mike

no40jm

"If you chop your own fire wood it will warm you twice."
"The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right." HF