News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do yall think my Coronet is worth?? pics

Started by 79JON, January 02, 2006, 04:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

79JON

Hey,

What do yall think my 68 Coronet is worth to yall??  Its originally a 1968 Dodge Coronet 440 318 2barrel car.  I totally redid the interior to black with buckets.  It has the 318 still in it but I put the Edelbrock Power Pack in it,  Cam, lifters, intake, 4 barrel carb.  electronic ignition, Basically everything new on the motor.  All new Dual exhaust  flowmasters H Pipe.  Rebuilt 904 tranny with shift kit.  New Master cylinder and brakes redone.  It does have a 3.23 Sure Grip posi rear end.  New Torq Thrust II's with new Z rated tires.  Full fiberglass six pack hood.  Body is really straight and has no rust in the framerails, quarters, or any other body panels.    But the trunk pan needs replacing.  Its rusted pretty good.   All new weatherstripping and gas tank as well.   Its my daily driver and runs great.  I was just wondering what yall thought it was worth.

Thanks
Jon

79JON

79JON

79JON

jaak

Thats a good looking B-body, you lookin' to sell?
I hate to guess what stuff is worth, maybe some one else can give you a good guess...

cool ride!
Jason

79JON

Yeah  im think of selling her.   Im just trying to figure out if I need to paint it first then sale or sell it like it is.  Ive put a good amount of money into it and cant really spend much more.

Blown70

Well I like those but not sure what the "market" is. 

Tom

greenpigs

Well most people want a ride that is painted, go for a HEMI orange or similar color..MACCO if you have to, you will get the cost of the paint job back...at the very least. BTW leave the hood flat black.

As far as what it is worth..around $5500. Also the Mopar name is a sure-grip a posi is GM lingo.

Sell it on Ebay and keep the reserve around 4500, good luck.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

79JON

Hey

Yeah,    My plans were to paint it red with the flat black hood.   I went to Maaco today to see about getting it painted.   Well they wanted 3200 bucks which is alot more than I expected.  It has the holes for the moldings down the sides and they said that would take alot of time to fill in.   

jaak

Hey 79Jon,

I PM. you. I needed to ask you something.

Jason

Telvis

Whan did Macco get so expensive? They use to have the ambassador package for around $275.

greenpigs

Quote from: 79JON on January 02, 2006, 04:30:50 PM
Hey

Yeah,      My plans were to paint it red with the flat black hood.     I went to Maaco today to see about getting it painted.     Well they wanted 3200 bucks which is alot more than I expected.   It has the holes for the moldings down the sides and they said that would take alot of time to fill in.     

Sheesh, I payed $525 for just a paint job which included the door jambs and trunk and the underside of the hood. Tell them you just want it painted with no body work and see what the price is OR try another shop.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

79JON

Yeah  I know,       But I told them i wanted the base coat clearcoat which starts at 1500 bucks.   Then I told them i wanted it jammed out,  another 300 or so.    A few minor door dings here and there.  But the 60 some odd holes would be alot of time to fill in so that jacked the price up.

472 R/T SE

That could be scarry telling Macco that, ;D

No one wants to buy something primered.  It's definitely something talked about, "never buy a primered car" in buying guides.  Unless you're giving it away.

Jam it out, etc. yourself.  There's ways to save money, right?

It looks to have potential, sell the wheels & tires.  Use whatever money you get on paint.  You can always throw some steelies on if you're staying with the black hood, and not lose value, IMO.  The upside of the fancy wheels isn't enuf of a swing to affect the price versus paint.

greenpigs

Quote from: 79JON on January 02, 2006, 04:44:32 PM
Yeah   I know,           But I told them i wanted the base coat clearcoat which starts at 1500 bucks.     Then I told them i wanted it jammed out,   another 300 or so.      A few minor door dings here and there.   But the 60 some odd holes would be alot of time to fill in so that jacked the price up.

OK, but why..when you just want to sell it? What people want is shiny paint not as many care what kind of paint job it is. Those 60 something holes are killing your budget and chances of making much off this car, so sick as it sounds you may need to replace the trim.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

PocketThunder

Just put the trim back on.,.,...?

Take it to the local Vo-tech body shop and have them paint it.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Blown70

Quote from: greenpigs on January 02, 2006, 05:33:19 PM
Quote from: 79JON on January 02, 2006, 04:44:32 PM
Yeah   I know,           But I told them i wanted the base coat clearcoat which starts at 1500 bucks.     Then I told them i wanted it jammed out,   another 300 or so.      A few minor door dings here and there.   But the 60 some odd holes would be alot of time to fill in so that jacked the price up.

OK, but why..when you just want to sell it? What people want is shiny paint not as many care what kind of paint job it is. Those 60 something holes are killing your budget and chances of making much off this car, so sick as it sounds you may need to replace the trim.

I have to Agree with GP here.  Who cares if you are selling it, keeping it is a different story..  I have seen cars with the trim on with NO Vinyl top?  Not  a big deal ..... Otherwise check with the guy here that sells that stuff and see what you can get for a top.

Most people want a driver and not a show car....Sell it as a DIRVER.... With a nice paint even a quickie she will get a better amount.

Tom

greenpigs

Well he has 60 something holes that need filled, and doesn't want to put much money in it, so that sounds best. Is it the best way to handle it, that depends.   With that many holes I wouldn't trust the car to a learning project, I took autobody 3 years in high school and the skill level varied ALOT among us. In other words you could be just asking for a warped and wavy finished car.

Now just having them paint it is a good idea and who knows they just might be able to handle the hole repair.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Big Lebowski

I'd say 6k-7k on ebay, a little less if you sell locally.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

ChargerBill

It's a neat looking car, but if you're really wanting to sell it I'd do a $500 Maaco paintjob and replace the trim if I were you....and leave the hood black.
Life is a highway...

Silver R/T

hmm I like it a lot. how much do you want to sell it to someone on this site? I would've just kept it and put 440 into it and paint it. Even if you chose to sell it later on itll bring much more money
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Daytona R/T SE

Sell it the way it is, the minute you paint it blue, somebody will want it black, you paint it black, somebody will want it red, etc...  Maacco, Earl Scheib, etc. paint jobs suck, If I see a cheapy repaint on a car I'm looking at I always wonder what the seller is hiding.  Sell it on ebay, the way it sits...set a reasonable reserve....be happy...

79JON

I thought about putting the trim back on but when i got the car, it of course was missing the quarter panel trim and the ones that go on the door were bent up.    I guess i could go hunting for some trim but i doubt i can find some around here.   Ill try ebay though.   Im not exactly thinking of selling it right now but the reason I posted this was to see what yall thought the ballpark value is in the condition its at now.   I know paint will help the sell of the car a bunch but then again I cant put much more money into it.