News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I smell a rat in this Ebay '70

Started by Big Lebowski, December 31, 2005, 09:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Lebowski

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-1970-CHARGER-r-t-440MAG_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6199QQitemZ4601270846QQrdZ1

Maybe this should be in the Ebay section but i couldn't resist. It's a U code V code car? It's an air-conditioned R/T w/ a 4 speed? (never happened) And of course everything is rotten. Hmm, what a treasure. :icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

ChargerAndy

It also has that rare "Canadian snow" carpeting option....... ya almost never see that anymore....... unless you go to canada in winter and peek in a car with no rear glass ........ looks like quite the project, makes me feel better about what I started with 2 years ago  :icon_smile_big: Andy

Charger_Fan

I'm on it... ;D
This is what I sent him, let's see if he responds.

QuoteHi,
I'm not totally believing the claim of this car being an original "V" code 6-Pak car...no 6-Pak 70's came with air conditioning. Your engine pic shows A/C items clearly evident, but it looks like you're missing the fender tag. Please send me good clear pics of the dash VIN tag & the door VIN tag to verify your claim...also, do you have any trunk pics? Thank you.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

I'm thinking you might get the big ignore on that one CF. :icon_smile_big:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on January 01, 2006, 01:47:12 AM
Maybe I should have worded it more politely...for better results? :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

Oh, I think you were polite.  I just think that if he's only in it for a buck, then he isn't much interested in your opinion.  If it turns out he's just genuinely misinformed, there is a chance he'll thank you and correct it, but I could find a bag of lost money in the street tomorrow too.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on January 01, 2006, 03:18:59 AM
Oh, I think you were polite.  I just think that if he's only in it for a buck, then he isn't much interested in your opinion.  If it turns out he's just genuinely misinformed, there is a chance he'll thank you and correct it, but I could find a bag of lost money in the street tomorrow too.
hehe :smilielol:

Chris G.

The 4-spd was added at some point. The car is an original auto, and I'm sure he read the "U" as a "V". I'll bet every email he got was about that "V". Plus the E86 in his tag description is for the 440-4bbl.

also, all the guys that were interested in that mirror thread, notice it's coded for the 2 mirrors. right side is manual. :yesnod:

Chargen69

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 01, 2006, 03:14:57 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 01, 2006, 01:47:12 AM
Maybe I should have worded it more politely...for better results? :smilielol:

I dont think I would have worded it different at all.

Ghoste

Well, the vin number is his description now says "U" but he has added a papragraph that states "as far as he knows, the car is an original 6 pack car".  So he is reading his e-mails but he isn't willing to let it go as a four barrel car just completely yet.

inhrmswy

He failed to mention that the console was a 68 and so is the shifter....I would offer him 50 bucks for the top plates and thats about it. :icon_smile_wink:

Charger_Fan

No e-mail back so far...Ghoste's probably right. ;D

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on January 01, 2006, 08:29:36 AM
The 4-spd was added at some point. The car is an original auto, and I'm sure he read the "U" as a "V". I'll bet every email he got was about that "V".
It's probably more like he's really wishing it was a "V", just to get more money from it.

Big Lebowski

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 01, 2006, 04:36:16 PM
No e-mail back so far...Ghoste's probably right. ;D

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on January 01, 2006, 08:29:36 AM
The 4-spd was added at some point. The car is an original auto, and I'm sure he read the "U" as a "V". I'll bet every email he got was about that "V".
It's probably more like he's really wishing it was a "V", just to get more money from it.

Yep, no response is a sure sign of trouble with reality. "I smell a big fat commie rat"  George C. Scott (Gen. Turgenson Dr. Strangelove) :icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

2Gunz

Looks like a "nice father and son project to me"

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Chargerfanatic

The Inland shifter certainly isn't original.

87 Shelby GLHS