News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Console location - slightly towards driver side

Started by ktneifert09, February 07, 2011, 08:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktneifert09

Put a new floor in. Remounting the console brackets. Automatic tranny. When I get the console on so the shifter rod drops through the middle of the hole on the floor and so the top is aligned to the floor (plumb) the console is shifted about an inch towards the driver's side of the car from the centerline of the floor. Can somebody please take a look at theirs before I weld the brackets in and tell me if that's about right. If it's supposed to be centered I'm definitely doing something wrong. Thanks!
Plans are useless; planning is indispensible.
Especially with an old car!

Rolling_Thunder

from what i remember the console is offset to the driver's side - that's why the console lower edge is longer on the driver's side and the front and rear rounded portions are offset to the pass side - this shifting the console to the driver's side     :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

ktneifert09

maxwellwedge

This may help.

69 OUR/TEA

And it does look weird when the console is in and all done,it is not level and leans toward the drivers side.

ktneifert09