News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AC Fresh Air Intake duct

Started by GT, June 17, 2008, 11:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT

I am about to give up on this... I have searched this site and the internet for about 2 weeks looking for either the whole assembly, or at least the duct in order to repair my fresh air intaked duct.   :brickwall:

It would appear that this is a single ply neoprene coated polyester fabric with a steel wire helix.

I can find that all day long in sizes from 1" to 24" in diameter.  However, the stock diameter measures 6-1/2" ID.  This size I CAN NOT FIND.  Closest match is 7".

Does ANYONE know a company or individual that either restores this piece or sells the hose in the correct diameter?   I suppose I can make the 7" work if I have to.

I can't believe that with all of the A/C resto stuff on the market that this piece is unavailable (probably due to it being made of unobtainium).
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

GT

bump for the weened crew.

Anyone?

:'(
2012 Charger SRT8

6d9 charger

i know someone who has one , if you still need ,let me know

jeffrey5811

I am recentl looking for the same part for my 68 Charger.  Did you ever find out who sells these things?  Or what did you do to correct the problem.  Thanks.

GT

Yes someone sold me one in excellent condition.   The only other option would be to have a place custome make the tubing as it is an irregular size.   I suppose if the market was big enough it would be worthwhile to restore these pieces - highly unlikely.

Oh, one of the places that would make it custom size had a minimum order of I think 500 feet.   ::)
2012 Charger SRT8

jeffrey5811

Thank you for the input.  I'll keep looking, or maybe I can come acrossed it somewhere.  Looks like duct tape for now. :icon_smile_big:

bobfist

New ones on ebay...
I found new ones anyway

They had 6 1/2", but dont know the colors.... http://www.lkpi.com.tw/epage_7.htm
Nothing in here? http://www.dormanproducts.com/c-475-hoses-fresh-air-intake.aspx

I found a bunch of them over here in sweden. 152 mm ID
They color is the problem but they can make it black

www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

jeffrey5811

Bob,
Great website!  This looks like it will do the job.  I just need to find the OE#, or I can work the measurements, NP.  Thanks,  :2thumbs:

bobfist

Just mail me if you need some help.

gigolos83@hotmail.com
www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

A383Wing

I sold one I had on another site...went to shed this morning..I have 2 left..no rips or tears.

Both have the square end metal, one only has the oval metal end piece.

get in touch with me and we can talk...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: GT on June 17, 2008, 11:17:38 PM
I am about to give up on this... I have searched this site and the internet for about 2 weeks looking for either the whole assembly, or at least the duct in order to repair my fresh air intaked duct.   :brickwall:

It would appear that this is a single ply neoprene coated polyester fabric with a steel wire helix.

I can find that all day long in sizes from 1" to 24" in diameter. However, the stock diameter measures 6-1/2" ID. This size I CAN NOT FIND. Closest match is 7".

Does ANYONE know a company or individual that either restores this piece or sells the hose in the correct diameter?   I suppose I can make the 7" work if I have to.

I can't believe that with all of the A/C resto stuff on the market that this piece is unavailable (probably due to it being made of unobtainium).
You searched 2 weeks and are giving up?  :slap: I searched over a year everyday all over the net trying to find the whole car ( which should of been easier ).
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

jeffrey5811

:icon_smile_big:, Haha No not giving up for sure.  I think I might have a prospect on the post above. :cheers:

warpspeed

GT claims that he knows of someone who can make 500 ft of this material.  That would only be 500 indiviual units.  We should be able to find at least 500 owners who would support new ones, right? :yesnod:

Then we just need to find someone who can make the two ends like the orginals.  Should sell like hot cakes.

Chatt69chgr

If you look at the accordian part of the duct you will see that it transitions from round to square.  Of course, I guess you could use round duct and make a new end piece that would be square on the attachment side but round on the duct attachment side to accept the round accordian duct.  I wonder why they didn't make this piece that way to start with instead of that funky looking way they did it.  But I guess I shouldn't question Ma Mopar.  She seems to always have a reason for her madness. 

warpspeed

Hear! Hear!  I know I can fabricate an Oval piece that transitions to square to make it work.  But I think by the way that the atachment to the A/C box is, that would be the bigger problem to make.  But, if the tubing is flexible enough, then I don't think that it is that big a problem to go from an oval shape at the cowling to a square shape at the box.  If the interest is there, maybe GT can get his contact to price it out.  It would be  great to get a new OE replacement looking part in this area.   Then there is the other plastic part at the box that disperses the air out of the larger rectangular opening in front.  I need that part too. 

A383Wing

Quote from: warpspeed on February 01, 2011, 08:56:30 AM
   Then there is the other plastic part at the box that disperses the air out of the larger rectangular opening in front.  I need that part too. 

I have that part also...PM sent

Bryan

A383Wing

I am now out of the large AC fresh air intake ducts...you guys are on yer own now...all 3 I had went to new homes on here