News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Disassemble Headlight Actuators?

Started by Chaos9mm, February 07, 2011, 12:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos9mm

New to the forums, I'll post some in progress resto pics when I can

Just towed home my '68 Charger resto project last week and started by taking apart the grill. I have searched the forums and, like others, the thing is one of my headlight actuators seems to stick when compressing. I could easily drop a couple hundred bucks on a repop, or I can just take this thing apart and figure out what's wrong with it. I know the grill is definitly from a 68 (as well as actuators) so they work off an internal magnet. My question is, can the casing of the actuator be disassembled? I'm not sure if there's a sealant or possibly just too much built up rust holding the casing halves together and I'm putting some elbow grease  :brickwall: into disassembly without destruction; If anyone has any insight, let me know.  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger (Work In Progress) To Be: 440 Engine rebuild // Brembo disc brake converted // HID Headlight converted // Full custom two tone interior // 17/18 Coy Rims
2008 Dodge Challenger 6.1L SRT8 #187/6400 "Stacy"
2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4 "Brandy"
2004 Ridley V-Twin Motorcycle "Mindy"
...Yes I name them all

"Im in love with my car, Gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my boy racer rollbar, Such a thrill when your radials squeal"