News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Couple Heavyweights on the bag

Started by Chris G., January 02, 2006, 01:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris G.

I haven't seen a '70 or '71 Hemi Charger for sale on eBay in over a year and boom, they're both on at the same time. Both cool cars. The '71 has taken off, but that was expected. Wonder if Tim Wellborn is gonna make a play.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4601368809&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4601635593&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Troy

The 71 is for sale on Moparts too9 (at least it was a couple of days ago).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TruckDriver

I love that '70! :yesnod:

I love 2nd gens in that dark bronze/brown :drool5:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

greenpigs

QuoteWonder if Tim Wellborn is gonna make a play.

Good one, he will own all of them.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Chryco Psycho

I have seen the 71 in person , didn`t realize Bearg had sold it

golden73

Man I love that 71... any predictions as to final sale price ???

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ChargerHound69

Final Price.......

...............More than I have.

ChargerBill

$165,000 so far...

the '70 is only at $87,600
Life is a highway...

hemi68charger

Man, I love both,, but that '71 is awesome !!!!!! 

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

ChargerHound69

I like the 70 alot.  It just looks like it is fast.

I guess I need to get about 5 more jobs and work overtime on top of that.

Big Lebowski

The '70 has the NOM (Not original motor) issue like some of us. :D A matching #'s car would be at maybe $140k-$170k :shruggy:

The Barrett Jackson auction seems to be bringing out the $475,000 asking prices?
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Chris G.

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 02, 2006, 06:02:11 PM
Man, I love both,, but that '71 is awesome !!!!!!  

Troy

Troy, that gunmetal grey is a must see in person. Pictures never do that color justice. There were two cars inside the building last year in Carlisle that looked amazing with that color. :yesnod:

Ghoste

I agree Chris.  Of the two cars, I prefer the 70, it just has "the look".  But 3rd gens in that gunmetal are sweet.

jaak

Chryco Psycho

Gunmetal is an awesome & rare color & the 2 @ Carlilse were awesome
I have a factory 72 Ralley 4 spd car availble with the factory gunmetal paint

69_500

I was going to say that the cars at Carlisle looked completely different in person than that car does in those pictures. I love that color on cars. There was another winchester grey car at the monster mopar weekend in St. Louis as well.

I would think that Tim Welbourne would make a play on the 71, as it is one of the fe remaining colors he doesn't have.

Ghoste

One of the few remaining 71 Hemi Chargers he doesn't have regardless of color, I think.

69_500

True considering he has about 30% of the ones made, but I think he is sticking to just 1 of each color. And I don't recall him having a winchester grey one at all.

BB1

Man, I thought you ment this...  :P  :-X
Delete my profile

last426

Man, these things are way overpriced, in my opinion.  Kim

Ghoste

I agree but what are you going to do?  It began as a hobby for the average working stiff and has now become a rich man's game. 

last426

Quote from: Ghoste on January 05, 2006, 04:42:06 AM
I agree but what are you going to do?   It began as a hobby for the average working stiff and has now become a rich man's game.  

Here is the issue.  When I bought my car (which admittedly is somewhat rare) I paid 31,000 in 2000.  I realize that 31k is a stretch for most people, it sure was for me, but it is within reach of normal people.  But 165,000?  I just would not spend that even if I had it.  I could not justify it.  And thiis is coming from a guy who loves those cars and who opened up his wallet (okay, some moths flew out) to buy one.  Kim

RD

six days left, do you think that 71 will hit the big 200K mark?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

golden73

Quote from: RD on January 05, 2006, 04:15:30 PM
six days left, do you think that 71 will hit the big 200K mark?

I think it will, which really is a shame for reasons mentioned above.