News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some good news about something that is actually important

Started by Ghoste, February 02, 2011, 02:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Farrah's red swimsuit used in her famous photo shoot for the poster we all had (well those of us in the target age group anyway) has been donated to the Smithsonian.  Now I realize there will be some naysayers who think this is frivolous at best and outright stupid at worst.  But in this modern world of tragedy and imminent global destruction I think it is fantastic that something from American pop culture that pays tribute to the beauty of the All American girl next door is honored in this way.

However I do note the display stand doesn't exactly duplicate Farrah.  :D

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5iGkkiH-6nhr0-tO0lOe_E0Q5ezAw?docId=5831115

hemi68charger

Now, they need to get Lee Majors with her in his 6 million dollar suit..........    :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Shakey

I wonder if they washed out the hash marks before they put it on display?   :scratchchin:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on February 02, 2011, 02:53:18 PM
Farrah's red swimsuit used in her famous photo shoot for the poster we all had (well those of us in the target age group anyway) has been donated to the Smithsonian.  Now I realize there will be some naysayers who think this is frivolous at best and outright stupid at worst.  But in this modern world of tragedy and imminent global destruction I think it is fantastic that something from American pop culture that pays tribute to the beauty of the All American girl next door is honored in this way.

However I do note the display stand doesn't exactly duplicate Farrah.  :D

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5iGkkiH-6nhr0-tO0lOe_E0Q5ezAw?docId=5831115

in 1976 i was 1, but i'm still appreciating!   :2thumbs:   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Oh yes...I think Farrah helped fuel my obsession with boobies!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 02, 2011, 06:35:10 PM
Oh yes...I think Farrah helped fuel my obsession with boobies!

As she did with all of us growing up in her era  :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

68coronetGLwannabe

My mouse pad I picked up awhile back. Childhood memories   :drool5:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

71ChallengeHer

Old Moparz

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on February 03, 2011, 05:20:49 PM
Why did I even look  ::)

For the same reason you'd slow down at a wreck on the side of the road.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ghoste

C'mon Jackie, you never had Farrah hair?  I realize you're no geezer but the Farrah look hung on for quite awhile

71ChallengeHer

Nope never had Farrah hair. My hair is too straight.   :shruggy:

Richard Cranium

Farrah had epic nipples. They should have had those suckers (pun intended) bronzed and put on display instead of the swimsuit.
I am Dr. Remulac

TUFCAT

TUFCAT

I forgot to say....

I'D HIT THAT!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Daytona R/T SE