News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gift from son to father.

Started by miller, February 02, 2011, 01:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miller

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

twodko

My eyes are so frickin' watery I can barely see to type. Thanks for this.  ;D
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

ChgrSteve67

Guy in my area built a 1937 REO Speedwagon pickup truck and gave it to his dad.
They travel to car shows together in it.
It does not have the origional motor, he installed a 305 FI Chevy motor in it will all the creature comforts.

My dad was never into cars.
He always hated my Charger and wanted it gone.
Now its restored he has asked for a ride or two but thats about it.

Cool Story.
Thanks for posting!

resq302

Nice thing to do for his parents.  Shame I dont have that kinda money to do for them. 
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

jb666

My God, that is AWESOME. Definitely brought a tear to my eye.  :yesnod:

TruckDriver

Hmmm, U-Tube is loading, but the videos are not :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

I had always wanted to but could never afford it. He had a 57 Chevy 210 Delray when he was in high school and I wish I could have had the money to get one and surprise him with it. He's gone now so I guess it's moot.

miller

Quote from: bull on February 03, 2011, 12:04:03 AM
I had always wanted to but could never afford it. He had a 57 Chevy 210 Delray when he was in high school and I wish I could have had the money to get one and surprise him with it. He's gone now so I guess it's moot.
Bull,

You could always get on in his honor.

Miller

68X426

Great stuff, sniff, sniff, thank you miller for posting. :cheers:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

71ChallengeHer

That was very touching. Now I'm crying like a girl.

resq302

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on February 03, 2011, 05:18:43 PM
That was very touching. Now I'm crying like a girl.

Like a girl????  Holy crap!  This whole time I thought you WERE a girl?!?!?!?!?   :nana:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69bronzeT5

That was pretty damn cool! :) I'd love to do something like that for my parents. My dad had a '69 Ram Air 3 4spd GTO that he absolutley loved and he ended up selling it back when I was born. I've tried tracking it down through numerous sources but the trail went cold after summer 2009 (it wasn't seen in the greatest shape- but it was still driving). I've gotten emails about various spottings of it from 1999-2009 through GTO forums and even Matt (CPUNK) spotted it driving back in 2003-2004 but I still haven't been able to find a current owner. I have tracked it down to a smaller town about an hour away I believe it's in though. Another car I'd love to get back for my dad is the '72 International 4X4 pickup he had that was in my family since new. Unfortentley he had to sell it in 2004 when we came upon hard times and needed the extra money. The guy that bought it was going to fully restore it and my dad got his contact information but that information has since been lost and I really would like the know how the truck ended up. My mom had a '76 Trans Am growing up and she loved that thing but she sold it after she met my dad (they had too many cars). She still has a deep soft spot for those cars and she would love another one.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Wicked72

DAMN :bawling:. I wish I could to that for the grandfather...So I am at least going to try and get my damn car done so he can see what I can do. crap here I go again just thinking about it...I hope my kids are that awsome some day. I bawled when my wife let my buy the charger... Im sucha bitch...
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

bamadukefan02

Dad bought a 66 Vette when he came back from Vietnam in 70.  He did all the Disco era customizing to it since it was not an all original car when he bought it.  In the early 80's he started stripping it down to take it back to stock.  He and Mom then fell on hard times so the car was pushed into the garage to wait.  All those years it was waiting Dad drove older hand me down cars that he would get from a relative when he could of sold the Vette and had him something decent to drive.  He also worked his butt off at crappy jobs so that our family would have what we needed even if he had to do without.  I always wondered when things would get bad enough that the Vette I had admired for years would be gone.  It wasn't until I was in college that my Mom told me that Dad did everything he could to keep from selling the car so he could give it to me one day like he had promised when I was a little kid.  I am now in my 30's with kids and a wife of my own and the Vette still sits waiting.  As I write this I am possibly only weeks from the big promotion I have been working for the last year to get.  Assuming I get the promotion I will finally have the money to restore Dad's Vette.  Hopefully I will get it done in time for him to take by son for a ride in it.

twodko

The avatar would clearly suggest she is a girl but maybe he likes to cross dress sorta like Ponch!  :nana:  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: twodko on February 04, 2011, 12:23:50 PM
The avatar would clearly suggest she is a girl but maybe he likes to cross dress sorta like Ponch!  :nana:  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Nope, just seeing if you guys were paying attention.  :nana:

twodko

FlatbackFanatic

that was a very nice thing to do. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

A383Wing

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on February 04, 2011, 03:11:57 PM
Quote from: twodko on February 04, 2011, 12:23:50 PM
Nope, just seeing if you guys were paying attention.  :nana:

I can't afford to "pay attention"......I'm broke as in no money

bull

You know, after watching that video a couple times I'm less emotional and more analytical now. I decided the kids could have probably saved themselves $40k if they had just stuck with the letter, since that was obviously the thing that most impressed the folks. And I was a little disappointed that the car wasn't more of a surprise. If it were me I wouldn't have said anything about the Camaro in the letter and done a better job of revealing it than they did.

miller

Quote from: bull on February 07, 2011, 01:24:53 AM
You know, after watching that video a couple times I'm less emotional and more analytical now. I decided the kids could have probably saved themselves $40k if they had just stuck with the letter, since that was obviously the thing that most impressed the folks. And I was a little disappointed that the car wasn't more of a surprise. If it were me I wouldn't have said anything about the Camaro in the letter and done a better job of revealing it than they did.

Bull,

I forgot to add the video of the car being completely restored, it was stated the parents already found out about the Camaro prior to the first video I posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCcYG7u4QPU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL