News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Queensland Cyclone

Started by doctor4766, February 02, 2011, 03:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctor4766

Any of our members here caught up in the QLD cyclone tonight?

We just missed out on one here in Western Australia over the weekend thank God, but now Queensland, after all they've been through with the very recent devastating floods are on the brink of a MAJOR cyclone tonight (as in NOW)
If you're the praying kind, please do so for the thousands of Queenslanders that are either shut down in their homes or have been evacuated to safer grounds.

Check out this view of the destructive cyclone that's about to hit Far North Queensland

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemiloops/shirgmscol.html
Gotta love a '69

macca3441

Hey Doctor,

I'm over here in Mackay, but we're only getting the southern tail of it!
Not much to worry about here....they're expecting we'll end up with around 20 - 25" of rain tonight!!
It's the poor guys and girls just up the road from us that we're worried about!!

Wade

doctor4766

Hey Wade glad to hear you're safe mate.
Catagory 5 cyclones aren't much fun I believe......
Gotta love a '69

macca3441

Been in a couple, but never a 5!
Just went through the last one (Anthony) on Sunday!
Glad to see the one over there didnt do too much!

Wade

doctor4766

This is meant to be bigger and more destructive than Hurricane Katrina, as powerful as an atomic bomb the experts are saying. Katrina had 205kmh winds, this is gonna be 300kmh
There's tears building up in my eyes just thinking about the carnage that hasn't even happened yet.
3 hrs to go before she hits hard....

Gotta love a '69

hemi68charger

You guys in Northeast Australia take care, Yasi is a monster...  Pretty impressive. It's a scary thought having gone through Rita and Ike here in Houston... Pretty impressive eyewall there..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

twodko

Keep us posted Doc. Be safe, look after yourselves and your neighbors but.........No rescues in the Charger!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

mikesbbody

Hope you all stay safe! this one's gonna be BIG! Aussie's are tough though they will pull through  :2thumbs:

Khyron

I hear Aussies are so tough they do out and piss on those things! thats why i wanna move there..

I love Australia! good luck guys!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68X426

I think I speak for everyone, our hearts go out to all you Aussies. Hang tough mates. :2thumbs:

Save the women, save the kids, save the cars. The rest of everything can be replaced.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Darkman

Quote from: Khyron on February 03, 2011, 12:28:06 AM
I hear Aussies are so tough they do out and piss on those things! thats why i wanna move there..

I love Australia! good luck guys!

And you'd be more than welcome mate  :2thumbs:

We are now coping the tail end of the storm in the middle of Australia! Shows just how far inland this thing went
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Bob T

Hang in there Ockers from a Kiwi.
Been following it on the news, pretty tough on Families in evac centres and hospitial patients being moved but thankfully there are very few fatalities for such a huge event, Man some areas have just been flattened

Have a cold one when you get a chance  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

doctor4766

Thankfully the cyclone's fury diminished as it crossed onto land and although there have been massive losses of homes, business premises and crops, there have only so far been 2 reported deaths related to it.
I'm safe of course being down in the south western corner of the country but our hearts go out to all that have been affected by this huge force of nature.
Gotta love a '69