News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Eunice Sanborn won't be down for breakfast.

Started by Richard Cranium, February 01, 2011, 01:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Cranium

World's Oldest Person Dies at 114 -- or Was It 115?   

A Texas woman believed to be the world's oldest person died today at the official age of 114, although she had maintained she was actually 115.

Eunice Sanborn, who was recognized as the world's oldest person, died Monday at her home in Jacksonville, Texas. According to official records, she was 114 years old, but she maintained she was really 115."The Lord just called her home," French said. "He has been using her as powerful witness for 115 years."

Census records show Sanborn was born on July 20, 1896, in Lake Charles, La., according to the Los Angeles-based Gerontology Research Group, which listed Sanborn as the world's oldest person.

But French said Sanborn always maintained the Census Bureau had made a mistake and she was really born in 1895. She celebrated what she believed was her 115th birthday on July 20, Agence France-Presse reported.

"It was a very peaceful death. She was not uncomfortable," French said.

Sanborn became known as the world's oldest person on Nov. 4, when French nun Eugenie Blanchard died at age 114 on the French Caribbean island of St. Barthelemy, The Associated Press said.

The distinction now goes to 114-year-old Besse Cooper, who was born on Aug. 26, 1896, and lives in Georgia, the Gerontology Research Group said.

Walter Breuning, of Montana, also 114, now becomes the world's second-oldest person. He was born Sept. 21, 1896.

Sanborn was married and widowed three times, according to a 2008 profile in the Houston Chronicle. Her third husband died in 1979. She also outlived her only child, a daughter.
I am Dr. Remulac

Todd Wilson

Lived in 3 different centurys. Not many can say that. I hope I make 114...............hA!

Todd

gtx6970

Wow, could you imagine what someone of this age has seen in her lifetime,,, think about it .
The actual evolution of the world as we know it. And  I could just imagine the stories she could tell

Todd Wilson

Quote from: gtx6970 on February 02, 2011, 08:30:02 AM
Wow, could you imagine what someone of this age has seen in her lifetime,,, think about it .
The actual evolution of the world as we know it. And  I could just imagine the stories she could tell

yes! It would be an interesting story to hear! Everytime I am with my grandma now I am asking as many questions as I can about the old days. I wish I had asked questions when my Grandpa was around but I was younger then and could care less about history then.

This lady may very well saw cowboys on horses all the way to the moon landing.............

The invention of radio,tv,telephones all the way to cell phones and internet.
Most of which we read about in books and she was there to see it and live it............

Todd

Mike DC

I don't mind the idea of being 64 or 74.  But I don't wanna get anywhere near 114. 

Modern world living conditions & medical science can keep people alive a lot longer than it can keep them functioning & happy. 

Tilar

I always said that as long as I can get out of bed and put on my pants by myself I don't care how long I live... but 114 is a long time...
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

694spdRT

She had a good run but I bet it would get pretty lonely outliving every one in your life, especially your kids.  RIP

To put it in perspective she has been eligible for senior discounts since the late 50's and was over 70 when my Chargers were new.  :o
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

PocketThunder

when i cant physically drive my Charger is the day you can put me down...
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."