News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 paint detail question

Started by fireguyfire, February 06, 2011, 06:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireguyfire

I am lucky to be restoring a factory black 68; my question is about the taillight panel on the rear; on colored cars it seems to be flat black; on a black car, would this area be gloss like the rest of the car, or flat (matte) black to make it look different?
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: fireguyfire on February 06, 2011, 06:03:17 PM
I am lucky to be restoring a factory black 68; my question is about the taillight panel on the rear; on colored cars it seems to be flat black; on a black car, would this area be gloss like the rest of the car, or flat (matte) black to make it look different?
Black car guys will answer soon, but I'm positive it's matte ( flat ) black against any body color.  I can understand the idea of just leaving it gloss, but as it passed down the line I bet it was sprayed matte  like all the other car colors.  :Twocents:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

maxwellwedge

It will be either flattened black or Organasol depending on the plant.

elitecustombody

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

Dans 68

Did you want the factory finish? Or just a close approximation. Because

Quote from: maxwellwedge on February 06, 2011, 06:09:26 PM
It will be either flattened black or Organasol depending on the plant.
:iagree:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

hemi68charger

No different than any other color.................
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

fireguyfire

Thanks guys; I figured flat too!
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent