News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Full or half quarters?

Started by 7chargers, February 09, 2011, 09:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7chargers

I have researched the search pages on the forum and it seems to be more members prefer the full AMD full quarters compared to the half quarters. My car could go with the half quarters but i want to do it right so I wanted to see what you all thought. Like everyone else that owns a project charger budget issues are making me question this. Not only to purchase half quarter campared to the full ones are cheaper but to have someone install the full quarters might be pricer? But again rather pay more if it means doing it right that half ass and pay for it later?

Please let me know what you think.  I plan on buying the quarters in the next month. Thanks

HOTROD

I am using quarter skins -I have an 80s fix on the pass side on the seim just putty and I have used them on my friends 68 RR , glued the top 1and 1/2 from the seim, welded the jam& tail area looks good  :Twocents: !!
What the Hell-Dumass !

DC_1

Full quarters for several reasons: More of a "factory correct" type repair. Less heat distortion, less filler. Higher quality restoration in my opinion.

694spdRT

My vote would be for full quarters and I would almost guess the full quarters cost the same or less to install. 
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

gtx6970

to me it depends on how much metal is required.

If all the damage to the body is say for an example below the body , then use as little of a patch as you need.

if say the whole bottom of the panel is rotton up to and over the wheel well then I would prefer to go with a full 1/4