News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cleaning your car without a hose? Enlighten me.....

Started by 69bronzeT5, February 05, 2011, 12:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 07, 2011, 05:25:56 AM
Thanks for the answer Bill, you were one of the members I was hoping would reply! :2thumbs:

You're welcome, Cody!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69bronzeT5

Quote from: bill440rt on February 08, 2011, 11:16:06 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 07, 2011, 05:25:56 AM
Thanks for the answer Bill, you were one of the members I was hoping would reply! :2thumbs:

You're welcome, Cody!  :2thumbs:

I usually wash my Duster but this spring a friend of my dad's who owns a paint shop is teaching me how to paint so we're going to paint the Duster and after reading your comments I think I'll definitley change my ways and pass off the hose. I don't care too much about the current paint because it's pretty crappy but after it gets painted I'm going to be way more anal ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bill440rt on February 08, 2011, 11:15:35 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 08, 2011, 06:27:00 PM
Here you go....havent tried it myself personally BUT I would only use it on a show car & not a daily...

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/waterless+spray-on+car+wash+kit+special.do?code=axr2

Video

http://s7d4.scene7.com/s7/video/flash_video.jsp?movie=Videos/2011_new-media_spray-on-car-wash.flv&company=GriotsGarage&config=GriotsGarage/VideoConfig&locale=en

Hmmm...
I have NEVER used a waterless car wash before. I gotta admit, if my Charger ever became THAT dirty I would probably reach for the hose. Or, a bucket with a wet washcloth & a towel. And I would never forgive myself for letting the car get that dirty in the first place.  :D
Griot's Garage products DO kick ass, though.

Say, uh, you comin' to the dark side, Chris? I thought you were always an Adam's fan?  :scratchchin:

Still am a fan of Adam's stuff but saw this in a mag yesterday & Im not afraid to try new stuff... ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Cooter

It's Not about the PAINT Cody, it's about the floorboards, Carpets, Window channels, Cowl area, etc. with trapped water. If it were as simple as letting the water only hit the painted surfaces, then I prolly would be ok with it...

How many wax their car even though it never sees rain, and sits inside? whether it needs it or not?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

A383Wing

Quote from: Cooter on February 09, 2011, 06:32:48 AM

How many wax their car even though it never sees rain, and sits inside? whether it needs it or not?

:wave: