News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tried to get this answered before

Started by drifter69, January 09, 2011, 11:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drifter69

Geting ready to put fuel to a 500ci stroker motor and I need to know if I am coming out nof the fuel tank the right way. 3/8 line with 1/4 return and fuel seperator, the one thing after looking at a number of post is: electric fuel pump or mechanical fuel pump? And am I going wrong here? advise.

4cruzin

I have the same combo and I run 3/8 line with a mechanical pump.  That system should work for the combo.   :scratchchin:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Back N Black

drifter69

Thanks guys I did not want to spend the $ on the wrong setup without consulting the clan. I bet the info I have gotten off this site has saved me hundreds in mistakes during my build. I am also stoked that a mechanical will be OK because I really did not want a electric unless I had to. :2thumbs:

morepower

I am going to be running a 3/8 fuel line with an electric inline fuel pump, most likely the newer holley chrome fuel pump. Luckily a few years back (5 years ago) when I put in a new fuel tank I upgraded to a 3/8 sending unit.
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

ACUDANUT

In 30 years of doing this, I have never had a fuel return line. :shruggy: :Twocents:

Ghoste

I wonder if there is a greater need to at least consider one with todays crappy fuels and their low flashpoint?