News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need a tv,blu ray etc tech help

Started by vancamp, January 27, 2011, 10:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vancamp

i have a tv with satellite hooked into the HDMI 1 and a blu ray hooked into HDMI 2, and a vcr/dvd recorder that we record a few movies or shows on well it all got disconnected when we got a new sat. reciever what would be the best way to hook up the recorder to record and play back thru either AV1 or 2 or component 1 or 2?

FLG

Do you just record shows off the dish? If so you could connect it to the dish rather than the TV and be able to record things with the TV turned off and just the dish on, than use the component out put on the dvd recorder to the component input on the TV. 

2Gunz

The order of video quality from best to worse.....

HDMI

Component    (red, green and Blue)    *Note* In many cases it can be very close or equal to HDMI

S-Video

Composite  (Single wire and its yellow)

Coax  

So given that Component 1 is the easy winner.

I hope that answers your question.

I have a question thou.....

Why would you record to that box?

From what I can see it only has a composite in.  So basically your taking a HD source and and making it low def.

Plus you would have to record in real time.

vancamp

Quote from: 2Gunz on January 28, 2011, 01:39:10 AM
The order of video quality from best to worse.....

HDMI

Component    (red, green and Blue)    *Note* In many cases it can be very close or equal to HDMI

S-Video

Composite  (Single wire and its yellow)

Coax  

So given that Component 1 is the easy winner.

I hope that answers your question.

I have a question thou.....

Why would you record to that box?

From what I can see it only has a composite in.  So basically your taking a HD source and and making it low def.

Plus you would have to record in real time.

we record a few movies and a few shows mostly stuff that my kids like and then can watch over and over in there own room, so high def is not an issue, the pic above is just a generic kinda showing something similar to what i have, the recorder does not have hdmi, but it has s video my question is how to run it so i can record whats playing on the tv and playback thru the same tv, the only reason for playback is so i can fianlize the recorded disc and a few other options that are needed.

2Gunz

The easy way would be if your TV had a video out, just connect that to your recorder. However most dont have an output.

The other way would be to get a composite switcher WITH audio to select the record source.

Connect the composite Video AND audio output of the Blu-ray and the DVR to the DVD recorder.

Then connect the DVD recorder to the TV.

You could watch your shows in HD  and then flip over to see what the DVD recorder was doing.

Here is a Composite switcher with audio.  With some looking you could find a cheaper one.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=composite+switcher+with+audio&um=1&biw=1680&bih=866&ie=UTF-8&cid=9333959117294537237&ei=DyxDTZzOEoa-sQPU6IGdCg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CJABEPMCMAY#

And here is one from radios hack.... But its not real clear if it has audio.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4023696