News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HLPAG Update!

Started by AKcharger, June 30, 2011, 09:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

I'm kinda disappointed I haven't seen a post on these guys in a while. Anyway looks like they've had some name changes, all names still uses the same web site http://www.truemusclecars.com/
1)"AMERICAN CLASSIC MUSCLE CARS"
2) "True Muscle Cars"      
3) They also post ads in other publications still using the HLPAG moniker;  http://www.automobilebestbuys.com/antique/anticcar_inventery.php?EID=sales@luedtkeautogroup.com

I took a look and noted that their advertising style has changed a bit. No more "yeee haaa" of videos with them doing burn outs. ads are a lot simpler yet apparently just as deceptive according to Luedtke Bros.--Consumer Complaints (http://www.medlawplus.com/classaction/luedtkebroscomplaints.tpl)

State: Arkansas
Posted: 05/26/2011
Subject: Bad deal
Comment: I Checked out a 69 Dodge Charger GeneraL Lee that was $25,000 and I hopped in it and it sounded Like F$%^n S%^t so I left The lot. Poeple don't waste your time and If you do you'll think dagument I wasted my time.

State: wisconsin
Posted: 05/26/2011
Subject: BE AWARE!!!!!
Comment:
I was in market for a 71 cuda and saw that Luedtke had one for sale. I went there and walked the lot, plenty of cars, they look 'good' initially. Then i looked over towards the end of the lot with the canopy. There to my suprise was a man rattle canning the engine bay with a fresh coat of paint right over the grease and hoses!!!!! I looked closer at the paint jobs. These to looked like they were sprayed with a wagner power painter. I promply chuckled and walked out. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS!!! I PROMISE you will find a better car at a better price somewhere else. Be paintient!!! Dont waste your time even walking their lot. I saw first hand the true hacks these guys are!

State: Ohio
Posted: 04/09/2011
Subject: luedtke auto group
Comment:
I bought a project car from these guys in 2008. When I got there, I looked it over, they started the engine, and I immediately knew it was definitely a project car. The car had been parted out over time. However, before I got there, I could not find a project roadrunner for the price I bought from them. I actually negotiated it down to where I felt comfortable and they shaved off another couple hundred on top of it. All in all, I could have paid 10-15k on a restored unibody with less parts on it. At least with a project car, I'm willing to start from the ground up and restore every part from top parts and pay the cash to do it.

Whether these guys are rip offs, they probably are misleading people or outright lying about their warner brothers general lee cars. I've seen them restore cars and they suck ass (personally drove there before I bought my project car). I told him I wanted to have it street legal and not looking to do an all out restoration on it, he said he "No and he was too busy but to go to a professional shop..." I went to a professional shop, became friends with the people, saved money and spent a little more to get the quality finishes.

All the people who say they were "conned" are morons for not doing t heir homework. Some bought sight unseen which is irresponsible. The vast majority of the comments I read of people being taken for $10-30k were looking for shortcuts and the cheapest possible path to restore their car ---- YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET ----

While I didnt mind dropping a few thousand for my project, I went to a professional shop and paid to have it done properly in a reputable shop.

State: ma
Posted: 04/03/2011
Subject: HLPAG, AMERICAN CLASSIC MUSCLE CARS CROOKS
Comment:
Bought 71 barracuda biggest hunk of junk very dissapointing.Dont let these guys scam you worst paint job ive ever seen ,looks like 10 year old did it.They are professional scammers and have it down ,they say all the right things,take the right pictures and act like you are ahead of the game if you buy what they call easy project,youve been warned STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

State: Illinois
Posted: 11/03/2009
Subject: 1969 Charger from HLPAG
Comment:
I purchased a 1969 Charger from HLPAG in September of 2008. It was "great find" Mirror, bumper, interior, no, full blown resto. Rust out the wazoo and the thing was pieced together from at least 4 or 5 other cars that may not include other Chargers. It cost $15,640 for a $6420 car. RIP OFF!!! Worst detail it the trunk was full of parts taken off the car, the parts were part of the deal and stolen from me. Never buy from HLPAG, which is now American Classic Muscle Cars unless you plan on a full restoration, no matter what the car is like in outward appearance!

State: FL
Posted: 06/24/2009
Subject: 70 Fake Cuda Bondo bucket!!
Comment:
I also bought only from pics and his "Good word". 70 Barracuda about a year ago. Looked great on line, When it got here then you could see all the cracks in the bondo "that it did not have". This place needs to be shut down!!!

PocketThunder

If you are car shopping in this day and age and you havent heard of Hans by now then........... :mcride:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

RallyeMike

Two things are interesting about these guys:

1. That these guys are still around considering how many people they appear to have fleeced.

2. That there are so many irresponsible buyers that these guys can keep going for so many years.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Old Moparz

Quote from: RallyeMike on June 30, 2011, 11:18:56 PM
Two things are interesting about these guys:

1. That these guys are still around considering how many people they appear to have fleeced.

2. That there are so many irresponsible buyers that these guys can keep going for so many years.

This is when two famous phrases come to mind.   ::)

1.  "There is a sucker born every minute."

2.  "A fool & his money will soon part."

It sure would be nice to see them out of business & in jail sharing a cell with "Bruno, separator of the cheeks."
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry