News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Local Gen III Charger...........pics!

Started by BigBlackDodge, January 01, 2006, 04:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlackDodge

I thought I've been seeing the rear end of a third gen behind a local muffler shop...........and sure enough.........I stopped by today and snapped a few pics while the shop was closed.

It's '72 318/automatic car..............motor was long gone but the tranny was still hanging in there. Rust every where. Even the rust and rust on it. :'( Interior looked gutted, no seats, carpet consol, no hood, no tail lights. It did look like there was a nice pair of doors for the car nearby though, least somebody is working on it!

I'll try to ride by during the week and see whats up with the car.

BBD

Charger_Fan

I wonder if the owner is now thinkng it wasn't a good idea to sand off all that paint & leave it outside? :brickwall:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

2fast4u

I wished that people who sand their cars down to bare metal (or even partially bare metal) for long periods of time, would at least seal the car if it's going to be outside or even in a place where moisture can get to it.   shooting primer on it isn't keeping the moisture away from the metal!
    If they want to do something cheap.   Use a spray can that sprays with a "FAN" pattern and spray it with semi gloss black! That will help keep it safe for a while....but not forever!

I did that very thing to my 68 Road Runner when I got it!   The car sat outside most of it's life and had lost most of its green paint on the roof when I got it!   Looked pretty good when I Shot the car with about 6 cans semi gloss black by Sherwin Williams paint! A guys gotta do what a guys gotta do and can afford!   ::)

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

BigBlackDodge

Yeah, it does not take long for rust to start forming on bare metal down here. :-[

BBD

andy74

keep us posted ,and tell the owner about this site!