News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question on a 318 dual exhaust

Started by Peters02, January 24, 2011, 05:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peters02

I am at the point of needing to find an exhaust system for my 72 charger.  I am trying to keep close to stock but wish to make a concession to a dual exhaust off the original manifolds. 
I've poked around on these boards and note that TTI seems to have a system that comes off the manifolds and has the turn downs in the rear ($$$$).  Flowmaster has a system that I will have to have front pipes made for but does not turn down in the rear.
Have others found a source for the kind of exhaust system I am seeking? 
The engine will be in the car before the front fenders and the doors (they are at my body shop) so I cannot reasonably get the car to a shop for them to build a system from scratch.

I welcome thoughts and ideas.

Peter

B5charger

Peter,
   I just had duals put in my 71 with stock 318 manifolds and would recommend just getting the mufflers you want; magnaflows, flowmasters... and taking them to the muffler shop and have them custom bend the pipes to your liking.
   I have 2.5 inch from the stock manifolds with magnaflows and turned down tips.  I love the look and the sound, and can only imagine when I get headers for it.

Peters02

Thank you.  My only challenge is getting a half built car to a muffler shop....tired of paying for a flat bed.
(No one tells you a truck and trailer is an expense to add when restoring a car....)

ACUDANUT

Just wait until the car is done at the body shop and get the exhaust done then.  What's the rush ?

B5charger

I agree, get everything in place before you start bending pipes.