News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Update pictures.

Started by Blusmbl, January 01, 2006, 06:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blusmbl

For those of you that care, and are interested in watching how rusty Dodges get returned back to life, I've started a webpage with pictures indicating progress on my car.

I can't take credit for the sheetmetal work.  A friend in Armada, Michigan is doing the work for me.  I'll be helping out when it's closer to paint, but my welding skills and fabrication work isn't good enough for the extent of repair my car needed.

Enjoy!

http://www.caintmakit.com/id144.htm
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

Charger_Fan

Wow, your friend has been busy! :2thumbs: Looks like it's gonna be done rather quickly, at this rate. :yesnod:

QuoteI don't believe in thumbnails.  Dialup- SUFFER!
:haha:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Blusmbl

We figure it'll be painted by April or May.  I'm then stuck with finding a healthy motor to put in it, rebuilding the 4 speed, buying a complete interior, restoring the dashboard, tracking down a new windshield to put in it, etc....

In other words, I'll be lucky if it's driveable again this year. :lol:  I think my grille is too far gone to save as well, which is a bit of a bummer because they're not getting any cheaper.
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram

Troy

Did you buy those sail panel pieces? Looks like the progress is going pretty well.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BigBlackDodge

Your local glass shop should be able get a windshield no problem.

Keep up the good work!

BBD

R2

Nick,,,,looks good,,,,that would be cool to have a friend do all the body/metal stuff,,,,he is really clicking along....
Did you decide on a color ? I responded in your other post,,,,and like the Green......
Motor details ?? :yesnod:

Blusmbl

Quote from: Troy on January 01, 2006, 08:26:41 PM
Did you buy those sail panel pieces? Looks like the progress is going pretty well.

Yep, Sherman stocks them.  That, and the trunk filler panel were the only two repo pieces that actually fit with zero modification.  They extend all the way down to the end of the c-pillar but he didn't want to replace it there, since the remainder of the metal was good.  The quarters are okay, not great, the rear valence corners need to be sectioned, the wheelhouses needed to be sectioned as well, etc...  The small brackets that go from the rear window corners to under the filler panel are completely handmade, nobody makes them and mine were completely rotted away.

BBD- I know they aren't hard to find, but on top of everything else I won't have money left to buy one. LOL.

Doug- hell no I haven't decided yet!   :icon_smile_cool:    I probably won't decide until it's in epoxy primer.  I have at least another month to make up my mind. :lol:

Now, make no mistake, he's not doing this for free.  But I'm getting a very fair deal out of it, much cheaper than if I'd taken it to a shop.  I've seen several cars he's done, and all of them have turned out amazingly well.

Nick
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram

2fast4u

Hey Blusmbl
        Are you doin' the work yourself?  No matter who's doin' it.....it's so cool seein' another charger being saved.  Very cool pics man!

Keep the photos comin' man!!   :2thumbs:

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Nupe

Lookin' good and you (at least your friend) sure are working fast.     :icon_smile_cool:

That your garage?   Pics like these make me glad that I don't have my own garage.   It would make it so easy to take my car apart, but I'd probably never get it back together.   :icon_smile_blackeye:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

Blusmbl

He's doing the metalwork.  I'll help with the prep/paint, and I did all the mechanical work up until this point. I took it almost completely apart at my house and towed it over to his place as a shell of a car.  That's his garage, too.  Attached is a pic of my (rented) garage, it's going to be a mad dash to get it back together and driveable before I get kicked out in November!  :icon_smile_cool:

Oh yeah... engine wise, I have a 4.15 stroker crank, scat rods, and a couple other goodies saved already.  I want to build a 499" Indy SR or EZ headed motor, but I don't think I can afford that this year... so I may slap a mechanical cam, mill the heads and swap intakes on the 440 currently in my old Imperial, and use that in the meantime to drive it around.  Not sure yet though.
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram

Blakcharger440

Nice,keep up with the progress!

Silver R/T

doing great, nice to see you got your own site with all the details on resto
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Danny Gutierrez

I love progress pics!!!!  Keep them coming as soon as you get more!!
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.