News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

22 inch fan shroud

Started by rrob, December 31, 2010, 04:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrob

Does anyone know where I can get a fan shroud for my 69 with a 22 inch rad and 18 inch clutch fan? Mopar performance has one for the 26 inch but I can't seem to find anything for the 22.                Rob
69 charger, 440, automatic

oldschool

1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

ODZKing

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Brass

I have some cooling concerns also, found this thread, and Bob at Glen-Ray is awesome!  He said it's not very cost-effective for them to ship to where I'm at.  Yet he was still very, very helpful all the same.  Thanks for the reference.

ODZKing

If you have serious over heating issues, a shroud is not going to fix it.  It will help ... some ... but it doesn't work miracles.
Some people say thermostat, some say clutch, some say water pump.
If the pump is moving the coolant too fast, the coolant doesn't have time to cool down and help the engine.  Common for cars that have had A/C units removed but the water pump is still one for A/C.
Be sure everything is correct before you start throwing money at it with parts.  Just my  :Twocents:.
Here is also an interesting thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,60599.msg675707.html#msg675707

Brass

Well, in my case, the temp really start creeping if I sit in traffic too long.  Particularly during the summer months.  (It doesn't help that it likes a lot of timing and I'm not a mousey driver.)  Otherwise it cruises at a consistent 170-180 degrees.  I have a 3 core 22" radiator, stock pump, 180 degree high-flow thermostat, and a separate transmission cooler.  I'm hoping a shroud will help.  Otherwise I might also spring for the Hayden (2765) clutch and fan (2863216).  But that starts adding up fast. 

rrob

Yes, I am in the assembly process of my car right now and I just want to avoid cooling problems with all the proper parts in place at the beginning. :2thumbs:
69 charger, 440, automatic